The discovery thread!
Jan 13, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #18,886 of 100,260
In settings you can choose to keep quotes within quotes.  Is that what you mean?

No, the quotes just disappear in the writing window and don't show up in the post when I press Reply?

Edit: this one worked while it failed in my last post, strange........

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #18,887 of 100,260

The Sony hybrid tips fit? It seems like the nozzle is bigger on the Pistons. Are these actual Sony tips or the knockoffs?

the real thing. the only knock offs I've seen and used that were pretty equal to the Sony are the VSonic hybrids. The Sony Hybrids pop right on and stay on. I've had no issues with slippage. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #18,890 of 100,260

In settings you can choose to keep quotes within quotes.  Is that what you mean?

No, the quotes just disappear in the writing window and don't show up in the post when I press Reply?

Edit: this one worked while it failed in my last post, strange........

Ah, I see.  Hope it's sorted out, I don't think I could help you on that one!

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #18,891 of 100,260
So now I know why DsNuts spoke so highly of the NuForce 770X. These things, after only an couple hours of burn in, are a very capable IEM. The sub bass is impressive, and extremely articulate. The highs seems a little rolled off and laid back, but the fit is probably the best I've had since the TDK BA-200, and the comfort is awesome. I'm looking forward to spending some time with these babies and my X3 after burn in. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #18,893 of 100,260
About an hour in with the Piston 2.0, and I'm liking them more and more. They aren't reference flat, but they have a nice boost for bass and vocals. Rap sounds awesome, but metal is a little too sharp.

The holder is hilarious, it feels like I'm playing with a Rubix cube trying to figure out how to get the thing back in there.

No sweet smell like v1.0 though. If you want less sound quality but want to smell pretty, v 1.0 Piston is for you.

I just fed this thing 500+mW and it didn't break a sweat. Don't try that in your ears.

So far I agree with the $100 price point. These are a true bargain for $19.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #18,895 of 100,260
Can the Sony hybrid tips be bought in the UK / Europe?

Look up Sony hybrid tips on eBay.uk? I know here in the States they sell them in a pack of 4-5.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #18,896 of 100,260
Been listening to the Pistons, use X3 into ALO National (line out), don't have a problem with the sound this way, very nice imo, haven't tried it straignt into the X3 (mostly use it with the National, I think mostly to justify having bought it, LOL). I do think the amp in the X3 is its weak point, and like bypassing it-sounds heaveny this way (as per earlier discussion-I do believe any DAP that can drive headphones, including phones, have to have some sort of amp. The quality can be really poor, but it needs to generate some current to drive things). Have a new set of Gratitudes, still in the box, don't have the Havi, maybe I need it, who knows? Get around to breaking in the replacement Gratitudes soon.
The Piston case/box does drive me nuts, too, feel you need an engineering degree to put it away!

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #18,898 of 100,260
Been listening to the Pistons, use X3 into ALO National (line out), don't have a problem with the sound this way, very nice imo, haven't tried it straignt into the X3 (mostly use it with the National, I think mostly to justify having bought it, LOL). I do think the amp in the X3 is its weak point, and like bypassing it-sounds heaveny this way (as per earlier discussion-I do believe any DAP that can drive headphones, including phones, have to have some sort of amp. The quality can be really poor, but it needs to generate some current to drive things). Have a new set of Gratitudes, still in the box, don't have the Havi, maybe I need it, who knows? Get around to breaking in the replacement Gratitudes soon.
The Piston case/box does drive me nuts, too, feel you need an engineering degree to put it away!

Hold off on the Havi for now. They stopped offering the tuning I have. Until more people give impressions on the newest version, it may not be as good. Mine is on order.

The new one is a bit colored supposedly, but still better than the RE-400 (subjectively), which is nice for ~$40.

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #18,899 of 100,260
The real Piston v1 actually sounds somewhat close to the new v2, but it doesn't have the treble clarity.

Huge difference between the fake piston and the real one. The fake one sounded like absolute garbage, while this one sounds great.

No reason to really get it with the new gold ones though, they are better (and cheaper).

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #18,900 of 100,260
The NuForce 770X has the better bass than the Piston. Holy **** the bass goes deep, and it's completely articulate. You can hear the fingers playing the chords, and the thumbs slapping the bass. You can feel the note changes. This is definitely a "fun and musical" IEM like they claim on the box. They also claim the driver is a wideband dynamic driver like the MMDT and ROCKETS. I dunno about that, but the bass is MONSTEROUS and FUN! The rest of it all fall far shy of the Piston and Trumpet. Nice el cheapo though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back