The discovery thread!
Jan 13, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #18,871 of 102,663
I've got all three. Just picked up my Piston's from the post office a few hours ago. They has apparently been there for 10 days but for some reason I missed the first pick up note, bummer! I'm burning them in right now so I can give you a fast comparison tomorrow. The bass was really terrible out of the box so I'd like to give them at least a few more hours before judging them.

Looking forward to your impressions. I've got a long way to go before I receive mine.

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #18,872 of 102,663
I've got all three. Just picked up my Piston's from the post office a few hours ago. They has apparently been there for 10 days but for some reason I missed the first pick up note, bummer! I'm burning them in right now so I can give you a fast comparison tomorrow. The bass was really terrible out of the box so I'd like to give them at least a few more hours before judging them.

Still don't have mine. How did you order, peter123? Free shipping and when? Making me mad now. Well, not mad, but it seems like people who ordered after me with free shipping have theirs now. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #18,873 of 102,663
I actually paid the extra for air mail with Singapore post but I never got a tracking number so I missed that it arrived a long time ago. Took a sneak listening now and I think this is going to be very interesting.........

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #18,875 of 102,663
I'm all down for a good discussion. I don't think it ever got to being an argument, but merely a discussion of preferred amps. As for the XBA-1, IMHO it was a horribly underperforming IEM, with horrid skills. So even at $5.99 it would be a no no for me. My Pistons arrived rather quickly from the ebay seller I got them from, and the two other fellas who ordered from him also got their in pretty fast. I'm not sure the consistency of some of the others though? Seems hit and miss? Glad peter got his in. Now waiting for bhazard to get his, so they can join in the ear party I'm reveling in. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #18,876 of 102,663
I actually paid the extra for air mail with Singapore post but I never got a tracking number so I missed that it arrived a long time ago. Took a sneak listening now and I think this is going to be very interesting.........

Okay, thank you.

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #18,877 of 102,663
So my DUNU finally left China today, so hopefully the DN-1000 will be here by end of week. ugomark finally sent my Havi B3, but not sure what mailing service they use? If DHL or FedEx, should be here faster than snail mail? Once they are both in, that will be it for my incoming IEMs. I got the NuForce today. Burning them in before i try them out, but after the Piston, I have low hopes for them. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #18,878 of 102,663
No problem :)

Edit:
(@ericp)

Buy the way does anyone else have problems with quoting on mobile devices? The last couple of days I've lost a lot of quotes both on my tablet and my phone, strange.

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #18,879 of 102,663
  Anyone have Pistons or Havi B3 and Monster Gratitude?  Would like to hear a comparison.

Pistons arrived today and out of the box sneak peak very promising. deep bass but smeared, midrange bright and forward high end rolled off. nice construction
and packaging.  now to burn in table and tip replacement. excited to hear them in 20-40-60 hrs.

Jan 13, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #18,880 of 102,663
$100 isn't a big difference?! Maybe for someone with piles of money. For the layman, student, or a guy who doesn't make a lot of cheese, $100 is either two new Chinese IEMs, a HiFiMan RE-400 or similarly priced mid-fi stunner, or a weeks meals. The E11 is a fine amp for what it needs to do, and with the savings and $30 more, you just bought the Zero Audio Doppios and you got an amp to boot!! Head-fi is such a great place to be.

$100 is the PRICE of the BH, not the difference. Sure $100 is more than $60.

With that said I still find it lacking in the low end and it makes pretty much everything sound softer on the impact and a bit hollow in that department even on high gain. And I still consider its bass boost pretty useless adding a bit of rumble but not improving the impact, thickness and control aside from also adding air on top. 

That sounds like you're only using output 2? 1 adds midbass richness, and works well with bright BA phones. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #18,881 of 102,663
On little aside for you Piston 2.0 owners or prospective owners, in my experience, the Sony hybrids are the tips that best work sonically with the Piston. I've tried over 15 different tips, and these certainly bring out the best in them from my perspective. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #18,882 of 102,663

That sounds like you're only using output 2? 1 adds midbass richness, and works well with bright BA phones. 

Nah, I 'm using output 1 - there's no need to describe me what the BH does or how it works coz I've used it for quite a while and I know what it can do. I've said it a lot of times, I have no issues with anyone who's liking it and praising it a lot - it just isn't that spectacular IMO, especially the way it handles the low end. Now, the battery life is great in comparison to something like the E11.

Jan 13, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #18,883 of 102,663
  On little aside for you Piston 2.0 owners or prospective owners, in my experience, the Sony hybrids are the tips that best work sonically with the Piston. I've tried over 15 different tips, and these certainly bring out the best in them from my perspective. 

The Sony hybrid tips fit? It seems like the nozzle is bigger on the Pistons. Are these actual Sony tips or the knockoffs?

Jan 13, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #18,884 of 102,663

The Sony hybrid tips fit? It seems like the nozzle is bigger on the Pistons. Are these actual Sony tips or the knockoffs?

If you tip roll a lot you can normally make any kind-of tip fit on a wider nozzle.

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #18,885 of 102,663
No problem
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit:
(@ericp)

Buy the way does anyone else have problems with quoting on mobile devices? The last couple of days I've lost a lot of quotes both on my tablet and my phone, strange.

In settings you can choose to keep quotes within quotes.  Is that what you mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back