The discovery thread!
Jan 13, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #18,826 of 100,866
  Personally, I found the E11 a bit pointless, and it was only after getting the BH that I realised what an amp can really do. The bass boost is all the E11 has to offer; the amp doesn't enhance clarity or soundstage, it just enables you to get more volume. The BH, on the other hand, with its two outputs, lets you choose between a warmer and a clearer sound, and the switches let you modify bass and soundstage. The battery lasts forever, and you can use it while charging, which isn't the case with the E11. I highly recommend it over the E11.

It's also way more expensive for minimal upgrade. Sure I could spend a ****load of money for a Schitt amp, or some other amp with a boatload of features and buttons, but for the money and the sonic ability and features, the E11 IS A BETTER DEAL. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #18,827 of 100,866

Havi B3 seems to come in three versions

哈威B3双动圈单元结合ie80和tf10动铁优点
哈威B3箱味ie2双动圈双单元入耳hifi专业超动铁
HAVI入耳B3专业双单元非diy平c4音效超ie800手机hifi人声神器

I think those are manufacturer hyberbole words, or vendor words. A B3 version like the Sennheiser IE800? Come now. That's like buying a fake IE80 from Aliexpress. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #18,828 of 100,866
  Personally, I found the E11 a bit pointless, and it was only after getting the BH that I realised what an amp can really do. The bass boost is all the E11 has to offer; the amp doesn't enhance clarity or soundstage, it just enables you to get more volume. The BH, on the other hand, with its two outputs, lets you choose between a warmer and a clearer sound, and the switches let you modify bass and soundstage. The battery lasts forever, and you can use it while charging, which isn't the case with the E11. I highly recommend it over the E11.

The sole purpose of an amplifier is to do exactely that; amplify. People here treat amplifiers like hardware EQs. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #18,829 of 100,866
Ok now I have to edit a characteristic of the Piston I just observed from more source experimentation. ThatBeatsGuy tipped me off with a comment he made earlier. The Piston DONT SYNERGIZE well with AMPS. Listening to the Piston through the Sansa Fuze without the amp, they sound vibrant, clear, and controlled, as opposed to grainy and bass flabby when amped. So unamped with the Sansa, Sony, and iPod, they really sing. Just such a balanced and dynamic sound. So engaging and forward. The X3 has a built in amp, so they suffer while going through the X3. The OM Audio, UE 700, and Trumpets don't have such issues with the X3. They love it and the X3 loves them. Just a little something for those of you with Piston 2.0 and amps.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #18,830 of 100,866
It's also way more expensive for minimal upgrade. Sure I could spend a ****load of money for a Schitt amp, or some other amp with a boatload of features and buttons, but for the money and the sonic ability and features, the E11 IS A BETTER DEAL. 

Just because it's cheaper, that doesn't make it a better deal. After buying the E11 and trying it out for a month, I concluded that it wasn't really an upgrade over having no amp at all. Not so with the BH, and the difference between $100 isn't that massive.

The sole purpose of an amplifier is to do exactely that; amplify. People here treat amplifiers like hardware EQs. 

That's a bit of a simplification.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #18,832 of 100,866
$100 isn't a big difference?! Maybe for someone with piles of money. For the layman, student, or a guy who doesn't make a lot of cheese, $100 is either two new Chinese IEMs, a HiFiMan RE-400 or similarly priced mid-fi stunner, or a weeks meals. The E11 is a fine amp for what it needs to do, and with the savings and $30 more, you just bought the Zero Audio Doppios and you got an amp to boot!! Head-fi is such a great place to be.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #18,833 of 100,866
lol, i shopped a phone from xiaomiworld, but they delaied to ship .  And they send me a Christmas gift : a original xiaomi earphones

it works perfection , i would love it . It is good using when i go outside runing . this is a promotion pic from them :

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1452031_192147500976852_1148509098_n.jpg

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #18,834 of 100,866
  Just because it's cheaper, that doesn't make it a better deal. After buying the E11 and trying it out for a month, I concluded that it wasn't really an upgrade over having no amp at all. Not so with the BH, and the difference between $100 isn't that massive.

I actually found E11 to degrade the SQ compared to a headphone out, so I can't disagree there.  
tongue.gif
I sat there A/Bing for many a time comparing the headphone out and amp, to me the DAP's headphone out always sounded clearer over E11.

Others seem to love it though and will disagree with me.

*waits for Kova to turn up*

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #18,835 of 100,866

That's the point though right?
Lowest common denominator, that's really what an amp should be, in theory and ideally.

The complexity of making that happen on the other hand is apparently pretty overwhelming, which you see if you take a look at even a small amp circuit board. To do less, you almost need more. That's what appears to be happening.

What I think many amp makers are getting into is creating a target sound, which should really be done at the DAC level. Either because they can't create a true wire with gain or because given the seemingly limited options on the DAC end, it has almost been forced upon them by the market. That's why we're here talking about synergy and whatnots.

Altering a signal at the amp level, imo, is the same as double amping. You're changing something at the second level, ie something that has already been changed. This is less than ideal.

This is assuming digital to analog.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #18,836 of 100,866
I don't think so , 1month ago .I ordered  a phone from xiaomiworld ,but they delaied to ship . 2 Weeks later , they sent a Christmas to you , i m so surprise . And ,the also they apologize to me , then present a xiaomi original earphone, it works perfectly . In fact, i will use it everytime , when i went to ourside running.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #18,838 of 100,866
I actually found E11 to degrade the SQ compared to a headphone out, so I can't disagree there.  :p I sat there A/Bing for many a time comparing the headphone out and amp, to me the DAP's headphone out always sounded clearer over E11.

Others seem to love it though and will disagree with me.

*waits for Kova to turn up*

The original poster asking for advice wasn't talking about using the amp with a DAP like the X3. Using the E11 with the X3 makes the DAP sound like crap. It does degrade the sound. Using the E11 with an iPod, a Sansa, or another DAP or MP3 player without a built in amp, does improve the sound quality, adds bass when you want that bass boost, or gain when you want that too. At &50.00, it's a great value amp, and serves it's purpose well.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #18,839 of 100,866
The original poster asking for advice wasn't talking about using the amp with a DAP like the X3. Using the E11 with the X3 makes the DAP sound like crap. It does degrade the sound. Using the E11 with an iPod, a Sansa, or another DAP or MP3 player without a built in amp, does improve the sound quality, adds bass when you want that bass boost, or gain when you want that too. At &50.00, it's a great value amp, and serves it's purpose well.

If you have a headphone-out, there is an amp inside.

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #18,840 of 100,866

I'm sorry I don't hear things that way. I do wonder what other amps you've tried to come to such a conclusion. When I first joined I purchased an E11, at first I thought it was great, the bass, the added power only after a while when I settled in comparing  I realized there's more to sound quality than a bass boost, I started to become interested in detail and clarity. As seen on my profile DAPs such as ones you mentioned Cowon, Sansa, IPod, you'll notice the headphone out always sounds clearer and E11 veils the signal path, (especially the mid range) you're actually losing clarity and detail, the added bass using the EQ's is bleeding into the mid range. 

You can test this yourself and come to a conclusion, either way I am not forceful of my opinion, some hear it others don't, I've heard quite a few amps now to form a point of reference (again check my profile) Like Tralucent T1, JDS C5, Rhapsodios Shozzy amps, UHA760. E11 is not very good but fun to play with on a budget.

And with that said I'm with quatertones opinion C&C BH is better but idealy JDS C5 is better again to my ears.

I think if you heard some other amps to gain a point of reference you may understand, as a year or two ago when all I heard was E11 or E5 back then I would of said the same thing. Experience and hands on goes a long way.

Like this three amps I have on hand right now. JDS C5, C421 and UHA760.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back