The discovery thread!
Jan 9, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #18,541 of 103,751
  So who is going to be the first person to get both Xiaomi Piston 2.0 and Havi B3?  
biggrin.gif

If I had the money, and the guts, the B3 would already be here if I ordered them a week ago. Sadly I have neither. 
mad.gif

Got a notice that my X3 will be in tomorrow, along with my Xiaomi Piston 2.0, and my Sennheiser CX150. It's gonna be a dynamic driver duel tomorrow on the X3. 

'Grats meng! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #18,542 of 103,751
  If I had the money, and the guts, the B3 would already be here if I ordered them a week ago. Sadly I have neither. 
mad.gif

'Grats meng! 
beerchug.gif

Thanks! I'm pretty excited. Now on to those Pistons...though honestly, with all the great reviews the Havi B3 has been getting from those hwo have them, my excitement for the Piston has subsided just a bit. 

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #18,543 of 103,751
Arghh, I can't decide what to buy. My Bassos keep messing up in that the sound in one side keeps going. I'm pretty sure they're almost broken. 

Need to decide soon on an upgrade so I'm not without any IEMs. Is there anything as lightweight as thr  Bassos with a similar sound signature but a better sound overall?

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #18,544 of 103,751
I saw scarce discussion on these so I thought I'd bring up the ES-FC300.

Out of the box, they sounded absolutely terrible.  I don't believe in the concept of burn in but these are a special case.  They started out with a veeery noticeable channel imbalance, horrible focus, and a horridly recessed midrange and now they have none of those.  My only real problem is the quantity of bass.  Too much for me!

These remind me of the ATH WS99.  They are built almost the same except for the smaller drivers/earcups.  They sound kind of similar but the FC300 is a little more balanced.

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #18,545 of 103,751
Thanks! I'm pretty excited. Now on to those Pistons...though honestly,
with all the great reviews the Havi B3 has been getting from those hwo have them, my excitement for the Piston has subsided just a bit. 

Will be getting Havi B3 and Gold Piston once I gather enuf fund....always like yr impressions and take on iem and hoping to validate all the hype about these two sexiies once last time before I go bonkers...... Hahaaaaa

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #18,546 of 103,751
I saw scarce discussion on these so I thought I'd bring up the ES-FC300.

Out of the box, they sounded absolutely terrible.  I don't believe in the concept of burn in but these are a special case.  They started out with a veeery noticeable channel imbalance, horrible focus, and a horridly recessed midrange and now they have none of those.  My only real problem is the quantity of bass.  Too much for me!

These remind me of the ATH WS99.  They are built almost the same except for the smaller drivers/earcups.  They sound kind of similar but the FC300 is a little more balanced.

What IEM do you speak of?

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #18,548 of 103,751
Will be getting Havi B3 and Gold Piston once I gather enuf fund....always like yr impressions and take on iem and hoping to validate all the hype about these two sexiies once last time before I go bonkers...... Hahaaaaa

Thanks! I'll fill everyone in on my impressions within the next two days. It'll be a lot longer for the Havi B3 and DUNU DN-1000, but the rest will be compared soon.

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #18,549 of 103,751
Thanks! I'll fill everyone in on my impressions within the next two days. It'll be a lot longer for the Havi B3 and DUNU DN-1000, but the rest will be compared soon.

The excitement must have got to me... about B3... Trying to figure out why the longer wait for it.....upon rereading... Duh X3 and not B3.... Anyway I have Fiio X3.... I'm sure you will love it because my first amp is also Fiio E11.... Which I believe you do rave about them in your posting.

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #18,550 of 103,751
Arghh, I can't decide what to buy. My Bassos keep messing up in that the sound in one side keeps going. I'm pretty sure they're almost broken. 

Need to decide soon on an upgrade so I'm not without any IEMs. Is there anything as lightweight as thr  Bassos with a similar sound signature but a better sound overall?

Basso's are down to $36 on amazon Japan. Tenore's are $20 more.

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #18,552 of 103,751
Basso's are down to $36 on amazon Japan. Tenore's are $20 more.

But... but he needs an upgrade though.....

... READ MENG READ!!!
wink.gif

The hype train on the B3 is essentially at full speed, and I don't have the ticket to ride. Lucky for bhazard, "he's got a ticket to ride."

^ But.... but you got those GODLY HYPED DUNNU KILLA' PISTONs from last week though.
tongue.gif

No need to be jelly meng just enjoy whatcha' already have. :)

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #18,554 of 103,751
Not really a discovery since it's an old IEM... but the Westone 3 blew my mind away, especially at $159 pricepoint for you Americans
If I had my GR07BE on hand I would compare, but I think it's safe to say these are a greatttttt IEM - probably the best I've owned so far
Dem triple balanced armatures... think I'm a BA fanboy now

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #18,555 of 103,751
Yes sir. I have the E11, and it's my favorite amp I've ever owned. So the X3 should be epic for me. I wonder if the x3 and E11 synergize well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back