The discovery thread!
Jan 7, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #18,391 of 100,632
I'm also looking forward to an A/B v.s my KEF M200. See how the Havi B3 stacks up against what I think is the best dual dynamic. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #18,392 of 100,632
  Haven't had a problem at all with amazon japan through tenso. Usually takes 4 to 5 days to get to me in Hawaii.

hawaii? i almost got tickets when delta had the price mistake a few weeks ago... 

thank you for mentioning the metallic treble of the XBA 3. It's also present in the 30's and the 4's. Huge turn off. 

Do they really have the separation 3 ba drivers can offer?

Also, im still waiting to hear more about the pistons... i have some ebay bucks can use

Jan 7, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #18,393 of 100,632
  I'm also looking forward to an A/B v.s my KEF M200. See how the Havi B3 stacks up against what I think is the best dual dynamic. 

It's a toss up.

To me, the Havi is more accurate and slightly clearer, while the M200 has the thicker liquid bass advantage. The M200 costs five times as much though.

I'm starting to appreciate the bass of the Havi more though through my SMSL II. Plenty of it for my tastes there, but lacking on my Bravo V3 unless I bump up the bass on the EQ.

I've been so satisfied with it, that I sold off or am selling most of my iems. The next purchase to go higher in SQ would have to be the Inearpeace (possibly), Doppio, H3, or a triple driver hybrid.

Jan 7, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #18,394 of 100,632
Damn, this thread is moving fast - I haven't checked it for like a week and I had to go through like 30-40 pages. I see that the hype for those Pistons is going strong and as usual with anything Dsnuts praises - for the Doppios. I have to admit that personally I'm most interested in the upcoming Fostex TE-05, which if one believes the hype is blowing away a lot of stuff that costs quite a bit more.
On another hand, my friend in Japan is finally coming back next month, so I should probably use him as a mule to bring me for cheap a doppio or one of the new ath iems.

Jan 7, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #18,395 of 100,632
  Damn, this thread is moving fast - I haven't checked it for like a week and I had to go through like 30-40 pages. I see that the hype for those Pistons is going strong and as usual with anything Dsnuts praises - for the Doppios. I have to admit that personally I'm most interested in the upcoming Fostex TE-05, which if one believes the hype is blowing away a lot of stuff that costs quite a bit more.
On another hand, my friend in Japan is finally coming back next month, so I should probably use him as a mule to bring me for cheap a doppio or one of the new ath iems.

If your friend can, ask him to audition both the doppios and im-02s. I have a feeling that they have similar SQs as dsnuts described most of the doppio's characteristics like the ath-im02's. however, there are some differences and I was wondering if my ears were hearing them correctly. I can't say much at the moment as the xba-h3s haven't arrived yet, and I'm waiting to do a comparo with the ck10s that I have as well.

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #18,396 of 100,632
  If your friend can, ask him to audition both the doppios and im-02s. I have a feeling that they have similar SQs as dsnuts described most of the doppio's characteristics like the ath-im02's. however, there are some differences and I was wondering if my ears were hearing them correctly. I can't say much at the moment as the xba-h3s haven't arrived yet, and I'm waiting to do a comparo with the ck10s that I have as well.

Well, I'll ask him if he can do it or if he knows at all a store in Tokyo that will have both coz he recently moved from Yokohama to Tokyo. If he can do it I kinda know what his preference will be in advance as he's an ath fan. And IMO he's not really that much of an audiophile to give me an unbiased and detailed enough comparison - he's more the type of guy who would just go to the store and check out all the new models and buy one if he likes it. For an example, he can afford pretty much all high-end stuff but right know what he enjoys is an ath ckn70 paired with an iphone 5.

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #18,397 of 100,632
  Well, I'll ask him if he can do it or if he knows at all a store in Tokyo that will have both coz he recently moved from Yokohama to Tokyo. If he can do it I kinda know what his preference will be in advance as he's an ath fan. And IMO he's not really that much of an audiophile to give me an unbiased and detailed enough comparison - he's more the type of guy who would just go to the store and check out all the new models and buy one if he likes it. For an example, he can afford pretty much all high-end stuff but right know what he enjoys is an ath ckn70 paired with an iphone 5.

heh, my mistake. I was a bit psyched up as someone can verify my hypothesis. The doppios are a great iem though, he might prefer them despite his preference. 

Thanks for letting me know, if not then just buy the doppios for sure. I was just wondering if there was a way we could verify, but it's better he just gets to the store and buys the doppios to save time. The as the material made from the doppios, as well as the sturdy cable (maybe not the strain relief though), is a good deal, as well as the sound you would receive from it. 

Please post your impressions of the doppios when you get them, it'd be nice to hear more from these earphones! I would have bought them, but i wanted the xba-h3 and the ath im-02 to see if they are great replacements for my ba collection. I can wholeheartedly say that the im-02 already replaces the eq-5 and ck10s.

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #18,398 of 100,632
  heh, my mistake. I was a bit psyched up as someone can verify my hypothesis. The doppios are a great iem though, he might prefer them despite his preference. 

Thanks for letting me know, if not then just buy the doppios for sure. I was just wondering if there was a way we could verify, but it's better he just gets to the store and buys the doppios to save time. The as the material made from the doppios, as well as the sturdy cable (maybe not the strain relief though), is a good deal, as well as the sound you would receive from it. 

Please post your impressions of the doppios when you get them, it'd be nice to hear more from these earphones! I would have bought them, but i wanted the xba-h3 and the ath im-02 to see if they are great replacements for my ba collection. I can wholeheartedly say that the im-02 already replaces the eq-5 and ck10s.

Wow, you're already asking me to post my doppio's impressions when I get them, while in reality I'm not at all 100% sure, I'll get them. The new fostex iems might come out there before he comes back, or something else new or I might go for one of the ath iems - I'm still really undecided and I actually got my Noble 4 yesterday, so I already found the BA upgrade for my collection.

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #18,399 of 100,632
  Wow, you're already asking me to post my doppio's impressions when I get them, while in reality I'm not at all 100% sure, I'll get them. The new fostex iems might come out there before he comes back, or something else new or I might go for one of the ath iems - I'm still really undecided and I actually got my Noble 4 yesterday, so I already found the BA upgrade for my collection.

I meant if you do, my mistake. Sorry if I offended.

I hope you find the iem for your ears though, maybe the fostex will help, I know that th05 was th eone you mentioned, but I completely forgot, my mistake once again.

I'm glad to read that you got one heck of an iem though, the noble 4. 4 driver CIEM BA, that is awesome to hear! I didn't know you already had a great iem in your inventory. 

How does the noble 4 sound, if you don't mind sharing?

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #18,400 of 100,632
  I meant if you do, my mistake. Sorry if I offended.

I hope you find the iem for your ears though, maybe the fostex will help, I know that th05 was th eone you mentioned, but I completely forgot, my mistake once again.

I'm not offended at all - I just found it slightly funny how you have already planned it all out for me 
biggrin.gif
 I just still haven't decided anything aside from the fact that I should definitely use him to get me some audio gear from there and save me some money. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #18,401 of 100,632
  I'm not offended at all - I just found it slightly funny how you have already planned it all out for me 
biggrin.gif
 I just still haven't decided anything aside from the fact that I should definitely use him to get me some audio gear from there and save me some money. 

d'oh, lol. Well, you have the opportunity, good luck with your choice, meng!

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #18,402 of 100,632
Well, thanks eric and kahalu for giving me your thoughts on the tenso shipping. I rechecked to see if I had problems with tenso in regards to shipping. I did indeed file the photocopy of my id to them, and I did have enough money to ship it the day I purchased the tenso service two weeks ago. I rechecked the usps tracking, and they finally updated today!

My father will finally be able to relax either tomorrow or Thursday, :)

Not only that, I checked the UPS tracking for my sony earphones, and I believe that I will be able to receive the sony xba-h3s! I hope I'll be able to post impressions of them and compare them to the best earphones I have so far. Happy listening, everyone!

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #18,403 of 100,632
  hawaii? i almost got tickets when delta had the price mistake a few weeks ago... 

Do they really have the separation 3 ba drivers can offer?

Also, im still waiting to hear more about the pistons... i have some ebay bucks can use

the answer to that is easy...NO. The instrument separation is average at best, and definitely average for a 3 ba driver set. 

I'm still waiting for my Piston, but looking forward to synergizing them with my soon to arrive X3, and see if the fuss is warranted?

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #18,404 of 100,632

I too am interested in the Fostex, but alas, like the VSD3, there is no sign of these things going up for sale, and well, money burns holes in my pockets. Seriously though, at the price they are being touted at, I'll buy them the second they become 'available". Whenever that is?

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #18,405 of 100,632
  Well, thanks eric and kahalu for giving me your thoughts on the tenso shipping. I rechecked to see if I had problems with tenso in regards to shipping. I did indeed file the photocopy of my id to them, and I did have enough money to ship it the day I purchased the tenso service two weeks ago. I rechecked the usps tracking, and they finally updated today!

My father will finally be able to relax either tomorrow or Thursday, :)

Not only that, I checked the UPS tracking for my sony earphones, and I believe that I will be able to receive the sony xba-h3s! I hope I'll be able to post impressions of them and compare them to the best earphones I have so far. Happy listening, everyone!

I was pretty much set on the Sony H-3 too, until I saw the measurements on goldenears and innerfidelity, and that they measured  below or at the UE TF10, Astrotec AX-60, and the Sony XBA-4. For a $350 IEM, with hybrid tech, I expected them to rate at least above those IEM's, and give me some WOW factor, but not measure slightly above the RE-400 and UE 900. I can get the UE 900 for $280-300, the RE-400 for $80-100, and actually pay less for the AX-60. I hope they blow your mind though when they arrive? eric seems to be in love with them? Let me know how they truly rate when you get them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back