The discovery thread!
Jan 7, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #18,377 of 100,645
Jan 7, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #18,379 of 100,645
A quick A/B against my XBA-3..

I knew the Doppios had the better tuning even before the AB but now I am very certain..Coming from listening to the Doppios the XBA-3s sound distant..Vocals especially sound distant and not as engaging/forward againsts the Doppios. Clarity is better on the doppios.. Clarity without the clinical effect of artificial highs or boost in the upper mid region. The forwardness of the vocals just integrates much better on the doppios.. The bass of the XBA-3s are actually boosted much more than I initially thought.. Mid bass sound loose a bit boomy compared to the Doppios tight and defined bass region. While the XBA-3 do a decent job with detail. It is much easier to hear the same detail and even more on the doppios. Treble also does not sound as natural or as dynamic as the doppios. High notes are thinner almost brittle sounding in comparison and yes shows a bit of that metallic trait,  does not have the same quality in the highs the doppios do, really a non comparison here.. Sound stage is very comparable on both earphones which don't surprise..

As much as I loved my XBA-3s. My doppios are outclassing them in every part of the spectrum.

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #18,380 of 100,645
  A quick A/B against my XBA-3..

I knew the Doppios had the better tuning even before the AB but now I am very certain..Coming from listening to the Doppios the XBA-3s sound distant..Vocals especially sound distant and not as engaging/forward againsts the Doppios. Clarity is better on the doppios.. Clarity without the clinical effect of artificial highs or boost in the upper mid region. The forwardness of the vocals just integrates much better on the doppios.. The bass of the XBA-3s are actually boosted much more than I initially thought.. Mid bass sound loose a bit boomy compared to the Doppios tight and defined bass region. While the XBA-3 do a decent job with detail. It is much easier to hear the same detail and even more on the doppios. Treble also does not sound as natural or as dynamic as the doppios. High notes are thinner almost brittle sounding in comparison and yes shows a bit of that metallic trait,  does not have the same quality in the highs the doppios do, really a non comparison here.. Sound stage is very comparable on both earphones which don't surprise..

As much as I loved my XBA-3s. My doppios are outclassing them in every part of the spectrum.

thank you for mentioning the metallic treble of the XBA 3. It's also present in the 30's and the 4's. Huge turn off. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #18,381 of 100,645
For anyone who ordered an electronic device (headphones, motherboards, computer appliances from amazon japan through tenso), did anyone have problems with the shipment staying in customs for a while? I don't know if I should be concerned waiting for nearly two weeks for the package to be delivered in my state. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #18,382 of 100,645
  thank you for mentioning the metallic treble of the XBA 3. It's also present in the 30's and the 4's. Huge turn off. 

I don't know why the treble is the concern for the 4s. In my opinion, the mids were more of a concern for me as the unrealistic vocals (sounded sucked in with me) are worse than the metallic treble. However, the metallic treble is pretty concerning in itself. Not many xba-3 users reported that problem until they hear a competitive earphone like the doppios. 

the ath-im02 on the other hand...made me realize how much they kick ass! Just like the doppios, the im-02 are nothing short of amazing as it even beats its predecessor, the ck10s! I loved the sound signature of the ck10s as it had liquifying mids, and pretty crispy treble, though pretty smooth at the same time. Now I believe that the im-02s do not have the liquid smooth mids, but a buttery type of mids that varies on recordings. I'll post more impressions and make a review about them after I retrieve my ck10s and I recieve the ck10s.

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #18,383 of 100,645
  For anyone who ordered an electronic device (headphones, motherboards, computer appliances from amazon japan through tenso), did anyone have problems with the shipment staying in customs for a while? I don't know if I should be concerned waiting for nearly two weeks for the package to be delivered in my state. 

Not at all. Which state? For some reason my stuff from Japan flies straight into Chicago. I've been kind of shocked. I would think it would hit Cali first, but it comes from Japan straight to a customs port in Chicago. I guess I've ordered enough that they don't trip too much.

Oh! Wait a minute. Japan rules have changed. Back in August or so I did have to send in a photo copy of some sort of state i.d. and a copy of a redacted letter with my mailing address on it. Did you do all of that yet? Something required by Japan now when sending parcels to someone out of the country.

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #18,385 of 100,645
  Not at all. Which state? For some reason my stuff from Japan flies straight into Chicago. I've been kind of shocked. I would think it would hit Cali first, but it comes from Japan straight to a customs port in Chicago. I guess I've ordered enough that they don't trip too much.

Oh! Wait a minute. Japan rules have changed. Back in August or so I did have to send in a photo copy of some sort of state i.d. and a copy of a redacted letter with my mailing address on it. Did you do all of that yet? Something required by Japan now when sending parcels to someone out of the country.

Haven't had a problem at all with amazon japan through tenso. Usually takes 4 to 5 days to get to me in Hawaii.

thanks for the responses fellas. The shipment went from japan to chicago, and I'm waiting for it to arrive in Texas. I'm also quite shocked that it usually ends up at chicago and then delivers a day later in Texas. I expected NY for some reason (due to audiocubes, a japanese website that uses ems as well). 

I know what you're talking about, it's the mandatory check up from tenso right? I did that in september, unfortunately I didn't do it early enough to get a free code. :frowning2:  I had to go through a long process in getting a copy of the mailing address (I'm not an organized person, heh.)

My father and I reunited this christmas and required my help to order a motherboard from amazon japan. It's an old Foxconn motherboard for his business, and there was only one seller from japan that had it in stock. 
I'm used to waiting a day or two after customs, lol. I guess because I only order earphones from japan? Would the weight of the package and the motherboard itself be a reason why it is taking pretty long?

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #18,386 of 100,645
I ordered the Havi B3 Pro from ugomark. Dual Dynamics that are supposedly designed to look and sound like Sennheiser IE80's. hazard gives them high marks, and they look gorgeous, so I gave them a shot at $40.00 US. Got these and cancelled my AT-IM70 order, since I already have the KEF M200 replacement, so I figured this would be overkill. If the Havi B3 Pro lives up to even half the hype, I'll be happy with it. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #18,387 of 100,645
I think that might be giving the wrong impression though since the B3 Pro is quite neutral. If one might sound like the IE80 it would be the enhanced version.

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #18,388 of 100,645
  I think that might be giving the wrong impression though since the B3 Pro is quite neutral. If one might sound like the IE80 it would be the enhanced version.

Oh good!! Neutral is more my speed. I can always bass boost a neutral sound sig. I'm not a fan of boomy bass iem's, That's the reason I sold my IE80 was the bass being a bit too much for my tastes. That and I didn't enjoy that Sennheiser house treble like i used to a few years ago, when I was all about the Senns. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #18,389 of 100,645
  I ordered the Havi B3 Pro from ugomark. Dual Dynamics that are supposedly designed to look and sound like Sennheiser IE80's. hazard gives them high marks, and they look gorgeous, so I gave them a shot at $40.00 US. Got these and cancelled my AT-IM70 order, since I already have the KEF M200 replacement, so I figured this would be overkill. If the Havi B3 Pro lives up to even half the hype, I'll be happy with it. 

It's quite stunning what you get for $40. Dual driver, tempered glass, Sony hybrid-like tips, 30 core OFC, and this is an industry first too:

"First use of four parallel output signal lines, ground lines with separate left and right channels, greatly reducing the line between annoying interference, has a more pure sound."

It is basically turning it into a "balanced" headphone of sorts. It creates killer separation and imaging.

Make sure to request them to order the Pro version, or you might get the regular one. Same price for both. The Pro version is very neutral, while the regular "enhanced" one is not.

I'd be REALLY interested in an Inearpeace vs Havi comparison.

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #18,390 of 100,645
  It's quite stunning what you get for $40. Dual driver, tempered glass, Sony hybrid-like tips, 30 core OFC, and this is an industry first too:

"First use of four parallel output signal lines, ground lines with separate left and right channels, greatly reducing the line between annoying interference, has a more pure sound."

It is basically turning it into a "balanced" headphone of sorts.

Make sure to request them to order the Pro version, or you might get the regular one. The Pro version is very neutral, while the regular "enhanced" one is not.

I'd be REALLY interested in an Inearpeace vs Havi comparison.

I specifically requested the Pros and that I didn't want the Enhanced. I'm excited to get them. I'll serve up a a/b review as soon as they arrive. I don't expect them for a couple weeks though. It says 7-10 days, but even China Post usually takes more than 7 days. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back