The discovery thread!
Dec 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #17,926 of 100,213

I wouldn't say that at all. I think the M200 are more detailed, more opened and more refined. Yet, the DN-1K is a very good sounding IEM. I was digging it this morning. But going upward in sound (with the caveat that all three are very good) >> DN-1K ....  M200  .... H3 for my ears.

did you ever have fit issues with them? how did you solve them if so? i might get them because $125 is a steal and i can just give my re-400's to my brother as a late christmas present or something, haha.

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #17,927 of 100,213
Not really as bad as others did, but I tip rolled and found other tips that were more comfortable than stock tips (i.e. UE900, Comply, and MEEl). Then again, if you have small ear canals (meaning you generally use small tips when you buy earphones) It's probably not going to work out for you.

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #17,928 of 100,213
Sad for me too.. My replacement M200 died on me again...on the right LF driver.
Sick of getting replacement for it now.. this is my 3rd pair already.. each darn pair couldnt last me over 2 months.. maybe it's a sign I listened too high a volume? Keep it on burn-in too much? Didn't have any such problems with my other IEMs though.. even failure-prone Yamaha EPH-100 is still going strong..
Then again, could just be my luck.. bad batch? Have a really bad year with electronics with the M200, my laptop, camera and phone all failing on me this year than all the years before this combined..
Sucks as M200 has such a great SQ.. oh wells.. so I'm on the lookout for a new IEM
Falling back on the Sony MH1 for now

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #17,929 of 100,213
  Not really as bad as others did, but I tip rolled and found other tips that were more comfortable than stock tips (i.e. UE900, Comply, and MEEl). Then again, if you have small ear canals (meaning you generally use small tips when you buy earphones) It's probably not going to work out for you.

i read that about the ue900 tips but i have no clue where to buy them. i'll get some complys if i get them even though i'm not a big fan of foams. i tend to use medium auvio tips or medium sony hybrids, so i think i'll be okay.

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #17,930 of 100,213
  Sad for me too.. My replacement M200 died on me again...on the right LF driver.
Sick of getting replacement for it now.. this is my 3rd pair already.. each darn pair couldnt last me over 2 months.. maybe it's a sign I listened too high a volume? Keep it on burn-in too much? Didn't have any such problems with my other IEMs though.. even failure-prone Yamaha EPH-100 is still going strong..
Then again, could just be my luck.. bad batch? Have a really bad year with electronics with the M200, my laptop, camera and phone all failing on me this year than all the years before this combined..
Sucks as M200 has such a great SQ.. oh wells.. so I'm on the lookout for a new IEM
Falling back on the Sony MH1 for now

The left LF driver went t!ts up on me after 2 days, and since KEF couldn't find my IEM's in the system even after I gave them two serial numbers, and I guarantee are authentic, I just contacted the seller and they are giving me a full refund. KEF customer service was a bit of a let down, with the offer of a "discounted" pair as replacements. NO THANKS. With three different head'fiers telling me they had MULTIPLE issues with LF drivers going out on them, and now you coming forward, I'm just gonna go in a different direction for now. I'm gonna miss that silky smooth, detailed and engaging sound of the M200, but build quality is just as important as sound quality as far as i'm concerned. 

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #17,931 of 100,213
I've got a pair of OM Audio InEarPeace hybrids coming my way, and I'm really excited about getting these and trying them out. I'm hoping they'll take away some of the hurt of losing the M200 so darned quickly? I'll offer a comparison soon enough. 

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #17,933 of 100,213
  Please let me know when you get yours what you think of them, and if they will be worth the investment?

Sure thing, and I hope you will be able to post your impressions with the om inearpeace! I know you will, but I want the white version impressions or I'm discounting your thoughts. 
tongue_smile.gif

jk

I'm sorry to hear the problems you had with the kef customer service, I sure hope you will be able to get another pair of the m200s eventually, or possibly have the inearpiece earphones have the same SQ for a better fit and price! Good luck, friend.

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #17,934 of 100,213
are you saying the dn-1000's are less balanced? in what way? personally i like as close to to neutral as i can get since i listen to a wide variety of genres. i currently use the re-400's which i feel are great for that but sometimes lack a little in the bass impact department and i want an upgrade. 

dn1000 has a more forward highs compared to the m200. They still sound well balanced but I think it's has a slight v-shaped signature. You will not have a problem with various genres coz they are a good all-rounder. Personally the only genre I don't use them with is heavy metal because I have the h200 for that.

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #17,937 of 100,213
  Seriously though, these Samsung dual driver IEMs with ultimate ears tips.  God damn are they an awesome, fun IEMs to listen to.

My Samsung's arrive tomorrow. I paid $5.00 for dual driver IEM's. That in itself is ridiculous. ClieOS apparently likes them, and if they turn out to be as good as my Vsonics, or even 80% of the KEF M200, then I'll be happy and at $5.00 will be a STEAL!

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #17,938 of 100,213
Dec 31, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #17,939 of 100,213
I've got a pair of OM Audio InEarPeace hybrids coming my way, and I'm really excited about getting these and trying them out. I'm hoping they'll take away some of the hurt of losing the M200 so darned quickly? I'll offer a comparison soon enough. 

Those look really nice. Looking forward to your impression on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back