The discovery thread!
Nov 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #16,383 of 100,444
- Find this thread

- Start with page 1...Ordered the JVC FX40's based on Dsnuts raving. I should have just stopped there..

-Then find where he discovers the FX101...ordered...

-I find out about the S500's....ordered..

-I find out about the monster gratitudes..ordered.

At that point I had to just walk away..This is an absolutely epic thread, I had to share my experience.

PS. I have also found some really good music because of you guys. Thank you!

Wow - you got away easy lol!

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #16,385 of 100,444
For people who have heard all 3; Monster Gratitudes, RHA MA750 or Sony XBA H1. Which one is the best out of those 3? Looking for a true upgrade on my CKN70's.

I haven't heard the other two, but the Gratitudes sound a lot like the CKN70s. So if you're looking for a similar sound that's just all around better then those are it.

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #16,386 of 100,444
I haven't heard the other two, but the Gratitudes sound a lot like the CKN70s. So if you're looking for a similar sound that's just all around better then those are it.

The Gratitudes are £62.99 here at Amazon UK, which works out at $101. All 3 are pretty similarly priced here, so would like to know from someone who has heard all 3. Thanks though, will keep your impression in mind 
normal_smile .gif

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #16,388 of 100,444
  Well, the Geek Pulse $249 is sold out now. $299 is the next tier, although I can't see why anyone would do that rather than the $398 Geek Pulse/Geek Out bundle.

it seems unfair that those who already ordered the geek portable would not now qualify for a better discount on the geek pulse.
no way to contact them about this through indiagogogo that i could see. 

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #16,390 of 100,444
  it seems unfair that those who already ordered the geek portable would not now qualify for a better discount on the geek pulse.
no way to contact them about this through indiagogogo that i could see. 

There is a better discount. Check your emails. You can get it for anytime during the campaign for $199. PM me for how if you need to.

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #16,391 of 100,444
Wow..So I got 3 out of 4 in today. The fx40's, 101's, and the gratitudes..

Keep in mind I have no amp/dac and am using an iphone for a source. Both JVC's sound awesome. I'm really surprised to be honest. The fx40's excellent detail..wow. Almost too much, and the treble can be harsh, but as I understand this gets better with burn in. The FX101's up the bass! I am losing just a little of that detail that the fx40's have. The 101's have good clarity as well, but the bass just takes over..I love it. Both sound awesome though and I'm glad I got both.

The gratitudes, i just dont know what to think. They sounded super thin to my ears. Bass had absolutely no slam whatsoever. I was even hearing some distortion at high volumes. Perhaps the gratitudes need an amp? I dunno, but they are breaking in now. We'll see what happens.

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #16,393 of 100,444
Everyone who backed the Geek Out should get in on the $199 Pulse deal, which is quite incredible. I'm not interested in the Out but I'd be more than willing to buy a Pulse off of someone at a small profit to them. Given LH's reputation and the success of the Out I have little doubt that the Pulse will be successfully released.

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #16,394 of 100,444
The gratitudes, i just dont know what to think. They sounded super thin to my ears. Bass had absolutely no slam whatsoever. I was even hearing some distortion at high volumes. Perhaps the gratitudes need an amp? I dunno, but they are breaking in now. We'll see what happens.

Either you have a bad pair or you're not getting a good seal. They have really nice and deep bass. They're not very hard to drive so that shouldn't be the problem. The distortion makes me worried though. Also try playing around with different tips, I find them to be very sensitive to different tips/fit.

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #16,395 of 100,444
Yea, it's got to be a fit issue (or a defective IEM, but let's hope not). Only one set of tips in the collection worked for me. The ones that didn't seal enough lost all bass, but once they're in right, the bass is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back