The discovery thread!
Oct 3, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #15,046 of 102,991
Last post on the Cancer walk-can skip the PM if wanted, go to makingstrideswalk.org/statenisland, then search for me (Jack Skowron), and follow the prompts (at least, I'm told that works_. Thanks again.

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #15,047 of 102,991
Thanks a lot ericp! Months of anticipation for the Dunus and you've put my mind at ease.
Now looking forward to Sony XBA-H3 
tongue.gif

beerchug.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #15,048 of 102,991
I am listening to a pair of Brainwavz R3 right now and they are extremely balanced with decent detail. The bass is definitely on the polite side but otherwise they are great in all other areas. Initially they were a bit off sounding as if they were missing detail but they have already started to open up. I will now let them burnin for a day or two to see how they change. Comfort wise I really like them and cable wise they are tanks. I am concerned about them staying put but haven't really started to play with different tips yet so won't judge them until then.

They have a similar signature to the Deltas but are much more detailed and technically proficient. The quality definitely makes up for the price difference if you can afford it. If interested but not sure buy the Delta as a preview of the sound signature.

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #15,049 of 102,991
For those of you who think you're going to get a re-tuned  updated DN-1000, I received this email recently from Dunu's main online retailer (authorized):

Hello my desr friend.
sorry to told you the DN1000 only one version
the DN1000 no updated version,
DUNU will be release DN2000 in November
is an updated version of DN1000
the price will be different of course
pelase just email me if you have any question and have a nice day
thanks again
best regards

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #15,050 of 102,991
  For those of you who think you're going to get a re-tuned  updated DN-1000, I received this email recently from Dunu's main online retailer (authorized):

Hello my desr friend.
thanks again
best regards

^ Welp that is even better to know cuz there would be A LOT less confusion tbh. Great work as always meng.
beerchug.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #15,051 of 102,991
I am listening to a pair of Brainwavz R3 right now and they are extremely balanced with decent detail. The bass is definitely on the polite side but otherwise they are great in all other areas. Initially they were a bit off sounding as if they were missing detail but they have already started to open up. I will now let them burnin for a day or two to see how they change. Comfort wise I really like them and cable wise they are tanks. I am concerned about them staying put but haven't really started to play with different tips yet so won't judge them until then.

They have a similar signature to the Deltas but are much more detailed and technically proficient. The quality definitely makes up for the price difference if you can afford it. If interested but not sure buy the Delta as a preview of the sound signature.

^ Interesting as well, those "milk machines" as some mofo lovingly put it seems to be pretty nice.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #15,052 of 102,991

Hello my desr friend.
thanks again
best regards

Thanks for letting us know Eric. Can't believe they got a new one already...

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #15,053 of 102,991
Dunu DN2000 is 1000 better than the Dunu DN1000.
Can hardly wait...
wink_face.gif
, really, I mean, yes, for real... 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #15,056 of 102,991
Initial impression RHA, didn't sound great out of the box, detail there, but some haziness/film. Set them up for burn in tomorrow, see what happens.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #15,057 of 102,991
Eric, you make me want those KEFs SO BAD!! I just need to convince myself that I don't need them 
ph34r.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #15,058 of 102,991
  Glad to hear it! Now, if the M-200 just had a more normal build instead of those big ass hooks...

Whatcha takin' 'bout meng these coat hangers are sexy as hell. Dem HOOKS are LOOKers fo' sho.

.... ahhh SEXCEE on ma ear.
cool.gif

Well to be fair, they have to be shiny too
biggrin.gif

Actually these M200 aren't shiny at all. Pretty nice industrial/ professional look to them. Feels like a BOSS with them big bats hanging on your ears. 

Eric, you make me want those KEFs SO BAD!! I just need to convince myself that I don't need them 
ph34r.gif

That's what i said as well and look where i am now....................
triportsad.gif

Hangers, hooks and bats will get to ya', real BAD!!!

Oct 4, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #15,059 of 102,991
  Whatcha takin' 'bout meng these coat hangers are sexy as hell. Dem HOOKS are LOOKers fo' sho.

.... ahhh SEXCEE on ma ear.
cool.gif

Actually these M200 aren't shiny at all. Pretty nice industrial/ professional look to them. Feels like a BOSS with them big bats hanging on your ears. 

That's what i said as well and look where i am now....................
triportsad.gif

Hangers, hooks and bats will get to ya', real BAD!!!

If they're stainless they're shiny. you just need better light. Lukewarm on the whole earhook thing as the only ones that ever fit were the beats. You can imagine my bitter chagrin over that. Can you say re-driver project.

Oct 4, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #15,060 of 102,991

If they're stainless they're shiny. you just need better light. Lukewarm on the whole earhook thing as the only ones that ever fit were the beats. You can imagine my bitter chagrin over that. Can you say re-driver project.

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!
deadhorse.gif
i love to see you do it DO IT!!! :)

Nah they are "shiny" like mac book/ desktop type of shiny, again very subtle and professional/industrial looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back