The discovery thread!
Oct 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #14,987 of 102,946
@ ericp

Forgot to say tough luck in the past couple of days here on head-fi for you buddy. People keep name dropping and dragging your reputation through the mud for no good reason at all. But as that insightful saying goes "haters gonna hate" so just enjoy all them new gears and keep them valuable impressions rolling. Oh and sorry for swagger jack you but here is my not so updated gear list as well that have as my siggy in a Korean Hip Hop forum. LoL So cheers and enjoy the music!!!
beerchug.gif

Cans: Superlux HD 668B/ 681F, monoprice MHP-839 = JVC HA-S400< Somic MH463< JVC HA-S500< ATH ES7< ATH ES700 = ATH WS99.  IEMs: MEElectronics M9< TDK MT-300 < Tt isurus < monoprice iem< Brainwavz beta v2 < Sennheiser CX250 < JVC HA-FX101< Apple earpods< JVC HA-FX40 = RHA MA-350 = Philips SHE5105< Phillips SHE9700< JVC HA-FX3X< ATH CKS77X< JVC HA-FXD70< Sony MH1C = Sony XB90EX < Zero Audio Basso < ATH CKN70 = JVC HA-FXD80 < Sony XBA3 < JVC FXZ200 = VSonic GR07 BE = ATH CKS1000.

edit: ^ BOOOOOO dat cat crack freak beat me to it by a minute with a worthless post!!!
angry_face.gif
<333s

edit2: Congrats though.
tongue.gif

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #14,988 of 102,946
Wow, big 1,000 pages. Really fun thread, have to say, even if it is a wallet drain 
popcorn.gif

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #14,989 of 102,946
darn, missed being 1st on 1000 by 1 minute LOL

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #14,991 of 102,946
Anybody who has the R3 tried tape modding the bottom vent holes yet? I might just like mine better this way. Some more bass but still quality sound. You can sample by holding your thumb over the bottom vent to test the change. A nice bass boost to my ears and a bit more forward sound. Using the stock black tips. I'll need to live with it some more.

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #14,992 of 102,946
  darn, missed being 1st on 1000 by 1 minute LOL

haha good try doc, better luck next time, same goes for me as well. :  (

Hmm, why would the hatters be hating? Did someone say something about the hats they made? 
biggrin.gif

LoL hatters be hating cuz they ain't got no hair. : P

Was in a rush to get that 1st 1000th page post ya' know, no time for edits.
tongue.gif

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #14,994 of 102,946
OK, Gratitude vs Tenore...put in the Tenores first,Have to say they are among the most comfortable, best isolating iems I own, have nice, open sound, wide stage. Put in the Gratitudes, no comparison, going from 2D to 3D, more body, energy, detail, oomph, make me ! Word of caution...lean a bit to the highs, some who are sensitive to this may not like them, I think it has to do with the drive music has through them. Not close, IMO,Gratitude by a mile. DS has been noting how some headphones "scale up" with better electronics, started direct into X3, then X3/LOD/ALO National, Tenores didn't change much, Gratitudes became "flatter" less extra high end energy, more open, detailed, didn't lose any "wow" factor. At about the same price (if you find the Gratitudes at good discount), no brainier!

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #14,995 of 102,946
OK, Gratitude vs Tenore...put in the Tenores first,Have to say they are among the most comfortable, best isolating iems I own, have nice, open sound, wide stage. Put in the Gratitudes, no comparison, going from 2D to 3D, more body, energy, detail, oomph, make me ! Word of caution...lean a bit to the highs, some who are sensitive to this may not like them, I think it has to do with the drive music has through them. Not close, IMO,Gratitude by a mile. DS has been noting how some headphones "scale up" with better electronics, started direct into X3, then X3/LOD/ALO National, Tenores didn't change much, Gratitudes became "flatter" less extra high end energy, more open, detailed, didn't lose any "wow" factor. At about the same price (if you find the Gratitudes at good discount), no brainier!

Nice comparison doc! Thanks heaps!

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #14,996 of 102,946
  Nearly time to celebrate 1000 pages of finds here.
popcorn.gif

A big thumbs up to everyone who posted and contributed here to make it the go-to section for new and incredible stuff.

Thanks for making this one of the best threads in the place, possibly the best.

Much appreciated

~N

Thanks to all you fellas that made this thread what it is today. It all started with a few budget finds and then it kept on growing from there. I like to think this is the one thread everyone should feel welcome to post their thoughts and questions about all that has been discussed and more.  

I know for new folks joining us on this thread it might be daunting to soak in the 1K pages of great finds that are on this thread but I encourage guys to post their thoughts and impressions always. As much as I post my thoughts on here I am actually more eager to read about what your thoughts on the excellent phones you find great.

The thread is not as organized as some of the others at headfi and the topics we discuss is all over the place but I like to think this is the reason why this thread is an interesting one.. Oh and you all notice we don't have any RICHARDS on this thread. This is and always will be the case. No RICHARDS allowed. Ya'll. Minus this little rule imposed by myself. The success of the thread speaks for itself. I think even over the incredible phones we have discovered through this thread. The best discovery of them all is the friends I have made here.

I look forward to the next 1K worth of pages. Who knows what will be next but I bet we will get to the nitty gritty on them finds here. We got a reputation to keep up. You all know what is up with this thread. You guys make this thread what it is.. Thanks to all you guys that contribute your thoughts and insight..Big props to all you guys.

YOU GUYS Deserve

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #14,997 of 102,946
^ Here's to you buddy!

beerchug.gif

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #15,000 of 102,946
Congrats everyone! It's been a wild ride... Pleasure to have met so many cool guys/gals in this thread. You know who you are... Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back