The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Jun 4, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #7,501 of 15,119
Quote:

Enter into this with a healthy mindset and try to have some real respect for your accomplishments. My partner suffered similar angst while wrapping up her thesis and looking for work, and after a couple rounds of interviewing for jobs that she had to compete hard for and wasn't enthusiastic about, a job that suited her unique skillset to a T was practically handed to her. That was luck, true, but luck favors the prepared mind.

Thank you my friend. Yeah, you know what? I think you're absolutely correct. If I have a realistic look on my accomplishments and skillset, I think I will get a job that suits me well. Also, the IT field in Sweden is really blooming, and practically the only field that was almost unaffected by the global economic crisis some years ago, that is still felt today. Apparently they are wanting to recruit more people than there are available in IT over here, meaning that I should be able to not only get a job, but get a job that I feel is worthwhile, challenging and developing. Those are at least my requirements for a job. I have to feel satisfied, challenged and I need to feel that I develop my knowledge and skillset. If I don't, then what's the point other than a pay check? I might as well go to a Scania factory and start putting gearboxes together or to Astra Zeneca and start counting pills.

Edit: Oh, and hello page 501.

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #7,502 of 15,119
So this is the page that frequenters here get an AKG K501? 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Edit: Oh, and hello page 501.

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #7,503 of 15,119
Quote:
biggrin.gif

I may have jinxed it, I foresee Boomana messaging us congratulating us and wanting to know where he should mail our new Skullcandies to.

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #7,505 of 15,119
Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

I may have jinxed it, I foresee Boomana messaging us congratulating us and wanting to know where he should mail our new Skullcandies to.

Well skullcandy seems to be ramping up the sound quality front though.

Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

I wish. Last page we all should've gotten HE-500. Remind me when we reach page 5000, 7000, 900. Too bad I missed 009.. 
wink.gif

I assume nobody want anything when we hit page 701?
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #7,510 of 15,119
Quote:

boomana is a she, not a he, and she hasn't been active on HF for well over a year (last posted in January 2011).

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #7,512 of 15,119
Quote:
Hey guys quick question, in the mobile amp world what amps are considered the top neutral sounding with great extension on either end?

Most of them, maybe? There are a lot of good options out there, and I think for a lot of people the more important criterion is how well any particular model works for them in terms of physical dimensions or ergonomics, and then in terms of compatibility w/r/t sound with whatever they're using. For example, I bought the UHA-6S because at the time I was listening exclusively to full-sized headphones; these days I use IEMs almost exclusively, and am confident the UHA-4 would work just as well, cost less, and be more compact, too.

Lately I've been thinking of getting one of the balanced portable amps from RSA or ALO, but haven't felt strongly enough about it yet. My brief time spent with Ray Samuels' amps left me very impressed with the SR-71B, but it's also very large as portable amps go. Not likely to be much of a problem for me since most of my listening is while sitting at a desk, but understandably a deal breaker for travelers. In terms of how the SR-71B and UHA-6 differ, I didn't have the opportunity to compare directly; the best I can do is an incomplete and unfair analogy: The UHA-6 makes the Heir 4.A sound kind of HE-6-ish -- sounding full and rich and balanced, but on some material not always the most involving; the SR-71B makes the Heir 4.A sound more like an LCD-2 -- seemingly infinite bass extension and slam, with a fully realized upper range that isn't quite as powerful.

You've actually got a couple already that are near the top of the food chain, and at this point you should consider yourself to be looking for amps that extend the tonal palette in different ways. You're going to be hard-pressed to do better in terms of technical accomplishment, but there are a variety of amps that are equally well-made but with different design goals in mind.

(I'm realizing that lately I'm spending almost all my time talking about things I might get someday, without acting on anything. Hm.)

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #7,514 of 15,119
While we're talking about amps, is it worth it to get a Fiio E11 to use with my Cowon C2 -> GR07s? 

I've been contemplating about it for a while, because whenever I plug in my GR07 to a source like a stereo receiver it sounds a lot "fuller" and very musical but when I go back to my C2 everything falls dead flat. 

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #7,515 of 15,119
Quote:
I've been contemplating about it for a while, because whenever I plug in my GR07 to a source like a stereo receiver it sounds a lot "fuller" and very musical but when I go back to my C2 everything falls dead flat. 

In my opinion that is one of the primary benefits of adding an amp to your source: a sense of fullness versus a more lifeless / flat presentation without an amp. It can also reign in certain headphones that have bloated lower ends, calm harshness up top slightly, and prevent buzz from very sensitive equipment. It's not quite the radical transformation some make it out to be however, and I think that Dale Thorn dude said it best:

You don't notice it so much at first, but when you go back to listening without an amp, the difference is like having a softdrink straight from the fridge compared to one that has been sitting out for a while and is kind of flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back