The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
May 14, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #6,451 of 15,119
Looks like V-MODA is really serious about making a move into the young wanna be audiophile crowd. Feast your eyes everyone soon to be available for the audio fashionist masses looking for form (good looks) and function (good sound) the VAMP, the white M-80, and the M-100. I'm liking the VAMP form factor wonder if it'll sound as good as it looks?

May 14, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #6,452 of 15,119
Quote:
Yeah well that's the problem with most impression threads, you're forced to wade through 10 pages of chatting and bickering to find one helpful impression. Thankfully MF has the right idea with her Fostex TH900 impression thread. Every time someone posts a credible impression she updates post number two to reflect the new information. Wish everyone did that it would make for easier research. The iBasso DX100 thread is well on the way to becoming another behemoth thread to wade through for useful information.

Edit: sorry jumped the gun on the original links here's some updated reviews

HERE you go here's a nice one. An HERE'S another and one from the REVIEW master himself joker of the T's

Thanks for the links. One problem I realized when reading reviews, is that unless it's someone like Joe or Joker with a lot of CIEMs and IEMs, it is hard to know how good the thing being reviewed is, especially in the case of CIEM. The scale for comparison is just not very clear. I am waiting for Joe to get his Heir Audio 8.A so I can get a general idea of how Heir Audio's CIEM compare to the rest.

On the other hand, I am also waiting for the 3 loaners from James to arrive. It should be here at the latest on Friday.

May 14, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #6,453 of 15,119
Quote:
Looks like V-MODA is really serious about making a move into the young wanna be audiophile crowd. Feast your eyes everyone soon to be available for the audio fashionist masses whose looking for form (good looks) and function (good sound) the VAMP, the white M-80, and the M-100. I'm liking the VAMP form factor wonder if it'll sound as good as it looks?

Ahaha Vamp is cute. I hope there is a white M-100, I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!

May 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #6,454 of 15,119
Quote:
Looks like V-MODA is really starting to make a move into the young audiophile crowd. Feast your eyes everyone soon to be available for the audio fashionist whose looking for form (good looks) and function (good sound) the VAMP, the white M-80, and the M-100. I'm liking the VAMP form factor wonder if it'll sound as good as it looks?

It's the model who got the M-80 as a gift from Val Kolton of Vmoda! She seems to like it a lot. 
biggrin.gif

There is a full album of her with the M-80 here, http://www.kubrickdesign.com/hg010/. What surprised me is the same hair style and the same clothes. OMG.

May 14, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #6,455 of 15,119
Quote:

It's the model who got the M-80 as a gift from Val Kolton of Vmoda! She seems to like it a lot. 
biggrin.gif

There is a full album of her with the M-80 here, http://www.kubrickdesign.com/hg010/. What surprised me is the same hair style and the same clothes. OMG.

Her name is Itoru and yeah Val told everyone the story on one of his threads. He was being a nice guy and gave it to her as a gift and a few days later someone he knew messaged him about the album. Talk about great PR

May 14, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #6,457 of 15,119
May 14, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #6,462 of 15,119
Quote:

The Vamp looks just like the VentureCraft Go-DAP 4.0... same OEM, I'm assuming, with the Vamp lacking the DAC functionality.

Quote:
Yep, definitely look like the VentureCraft Go-DAP. It's a shame that these are made to work only with the iPhone 3/4, but not the iPod Touch....

Quote:

The Vamp looks just like the VentureCraft Go-DAP 4.0... same OEM, I'm assuming, with the Vamp lacking the DAC functionality.Tokyo Fujiya Avic Headphone festival

I just came from Currawong's Tokyo Fujiya Avic Headphone festival thread and it is a Go-DAP. You guys caught it before I did according to Currawong's post the VAMP is being made by VentureCraft and according to Val on the VAMP thread it will have a DAC. Hmphh (keeps mouth shut) time to do some more research. Anyone know what the Go-DAP is slated to be sold for on the shelves?

May 14, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #6,464 of 15,119
Hmphhh, did a little more nosing around according to Val the VAMP will sport a AD8397 OpAmp and AK4353 DAC. Where the heck can I find the specs for the VentureCraft Go-Dap? I also double checked the possible asking price for the VAMP, Val stated early on in the thread it would be around 600 USD or so.

EDIT:
The new Go-DAP is expected to be roughly around 30,000 JPY which according to my currency converter app on my Touch is only 436.68 USD!!!!

How the heck did we go from 436 USD to 600 ????

May 14, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #6,465 of 15,119
Quote:

What mamak do you mean?

Oh, how I miss the mamak stall food in Malaysia. 

Oh, there is actually a chain of Malaysian restaurants called Mamak here. So mamak refers to street vendor food?

@veyron I like the Roti at mamak but have still yet to be convinced on the other stuff compared to the other Malaysian places I love...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back