The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
May 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #6,406 of 15,119
Quote:
http://getjoeball.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/tyler-goblin-cover-2.jpeg

^ ripoffs of Tyler the Creator's "Goblin" album art.  The album itself is pretty awful with the exception of one or two songs, but the cover's rather iconic, I think.  I'm going to wear the Jude shirt at a meet someday and ask Jude to sign it.  It will be awkward and amazing.

Slightly less confused now.

May 12, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #6,407 of 15,119
http://www.head-fi.org/t/608795/listing-reopened-ultrasone-signature-pro.

Why won't anyone else buy these?  I've been eyeing them for so long now.  I've posted reasons as to why I shouldn't get them a few times now, but the fact of the matter remains that they intrigue me.

In other news, the TH900's continue to please.

May 13, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #6,409 of 15,119

Holiday Greetings
wink.gif

May 13, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #6,414 of 15,119
This little skit on the head fier Andy thread made me laugh

Quote:
Scene RMAF Head-fi table set up with BHSE, Esoteric DAC and Stax 009's.

> Head-Fi user Sweden walks up to table.

Audiophile: Hi, can I help you?

Sweden: Hi, I'd like to listen to this old school acid house cd on your system.

Audiophile: We don't play general CDs only Diana Krall now.

Sweden: But I want to listen to old school acid house.

Audiophile: You can't  have it, were not playing it. We stopped listening to anything fun once we got collectively castrated. Hey I'm really sorry.

Sweden: Well hey I'm really sorry too.

<Takes out machine gun>

May 13, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #6,416 of 15,119
I don't think I have ever posted music links from Youtube. So here's a few. Sankarea's (on-going anime) OP (only a short clip), nano.RIPE's 絵空事.

Another song that I quite like. OP from Accel World, another anime currently on-going. Chase the World by May'n.

I have always like Jrock band with female singers. Do as Infinity, Chatmonchy, Kishida Kyoudan & the Akeboshi Rockets, and the now disbanded High and Mighty Color. I love their last PV, Re:ache. It's such a wonderful, but sad song.

May 13, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #6,417 of 15,119
I enjoyed "Lying Around"; thank you for that! 

Quote:
Think I'll get moderhated for my new avy?

The answer was yes :/ It was more for it being a depiction of Jude than the cross, though, so I'll just switch to Carl Sagan, who can't take offense; he dead.

Speaking of dead, and while we're music dumping, I was listening to a lot of Rei Harakami last night.  Here are some choice songs from the albums I own:

^ This is probably my favorite track of his -- it still makes me emotional every time I hear it.

This is actually the only song from the album Wasuremono (forgotten thing) I could find on YT.

^ Very, very close second to "Joy" for me.  This album was also made for a planetarium, which is awesome.

May 13, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #6,418 of 15,119
Quote:
The answer was yes :/ It was more for it being a depiction of Jude than the cross, though, so I'll just switch to Carl Sagan, who can't take offense; he dead.

The joke was definitely too obscure to be generally understandable as a joke rather than a mean-spirited call-out. I kinda-sorta know about the OFWGKTA crew, have heard a couple tracks from GNOME, and I still didn't get the reference until you explained it. For things like that to have a chance of passing scrutiny the parody would probably have to be screamingly obvious, like a mod's head photoshopped over Justin Bieber or something -- just to be sure everybody's on the same page.

Still and all, I'd hope there's no harm and no foul, just a temporary misunderstanding that could be patched up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back