The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Feb 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #1,846 of 15,119
Since I wasn't familiar with the models at the time, I don't really remember how to match my memories with the models of most of the 'stats I've tried but I do remembering hearing some normal Bias Lambdas from an SRD7 SB and a vintage receiver and they weren't lacking bass impact to my ears.

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #1,847 of 15,119
@ Music:

It wasn't really my intention to question Mike's credibility specifically, and he sort of ended up as an avatar for a generalized set of problems I have with certain review styles. Or more specifically, his journal post was the intended object of my grievances rather than him. If I seemed to get personal then it was certainly by accident: I don't know the guy personally. I think the same thing is at work with your response when you called my post arrogant, and some people took it to be a personal insult or something. I didn't interpret it that way.

Honestly, despite the genuine seriousness of certain facets in this discussion (spending large sums of money, people's intentions, etc.), I always try to approach my dealings with the head-fi community in a spirit of good humor, and this is no exception. Even when I'm genuinely bothered by something, I try to use humor to diffuse what may otherwise come across as overwrought or too emotionally charged. I dislike Internet drama. It was my intention that my comments toward Mike's journal be in [mostly] good humor, but I realize intentions are often lost in this medium. I can see how my post would come off as overly condemnatory.

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #1,848 of 15,119
Quote:
I've sometimes wondered to what extent the Stax house sound is predicated on the assumption that the buyer will be listening primarily to small ensemble acoustic music: chamber music, jazz trio, lieder, folk singing, etc.

I still have a hankering for those normal bias Lambdas.  They rocked with Jpop anime OPs...

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #1,849 of 15,119

Quote:
Well the seller has refused return so I'm talking with the administrators here and my parents and ultimately a lawyer if need be. I have a clear case where he has stated nothing needs replacing and didn't take pictures of parts that were damaged (and claimed fine). This is going to cost him a lot of money if he persists. Or he could take the headphones back, enjoy them, and be no worse off than he was a few weeks ago. Really he has nothing to lose by allowing a return. If they as good as he claims he can sell them to someone else. His refusal to return is very telling of his motives.

Go with it, he should learn his lesson. Did he mention that return is accepted? Usually I stay away when they mention "NO RETURNS ACCEPTED", and if you paid with PAYPAL, you could have gotten your money back.

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #1,850 of 15,119
Really tired of talking about it at this point. Ruined my whole weekend. Trying to distract myself by watching TV and reading up on other headphones, etc. Will update if any real news surfaces. Thanks for everyone's comments and luck wishing.

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #1,851 of 15,119
its a free country cant i voice my opinion on a fun blog without Sil3nce being a kill joy?

"It's a free country. Can't I voice my opinion on a fun blog without "Sil3nce" ruining it by being a kill joy?"

I think this is what you meant.
First off, headfi does not equate a "free country". In this case I hope you mean the u.s. Don't give the classic "I can do whatever I want because it's...America". There are rules one should follow, tasteful opinions are well respected and humor is definitely allowed. But while one member is being "told off" [In this case music], as I understand your meaning, it is within my rights to comment on the random person who jumps in with such a meaningless "mob mentality" remark. "You tell him!"
Next, I don't personally see how I'm a killjoy. On the contrary, I believe I'm a pretty silly person. I recommend you read the tone and the environment next time. No one's laughing.

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #1,853 of 15,119

Quote:
"It's a free country. Can't I voice my opinion on a fun blog without "Sil3nce" ruining it by being a kill joy?"
I think this is what you meant.
First off, headfi does not equate a "free country". In this case I hope you mean the u.s. Don't give the classic "I can do whatever I want because it's...America". There are rules one should follow, tasteful opinions are well respected and humor is definitely allowed. But while one member is being "told off" [In this case music], as I understand your meaning, it is within my rights to comment on the random person who jumps in with such a meaningless "mob mentality" remark. "You tell him!"
Next, I don't personally see how I'm a killjoy. On the contrary, I believe I'm a pretty silly person. I recommend you read the tone and the environment next time. No one's laughing.

Head fi is hosted in America hence a free country.......
yes i may have chimed in at the wrong time.
but seriously if your a silly person why are you still posting a hundred word comment on this?

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #1,855 of 15,119
How about we all drop it. Muppet said she doesn't like drama. I apologize for my causing it, though I truly was trying to stamp it out to stop it where it was.

I demand more pictures of anime characters reciting Plato, while listening to AT woodies.

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #1,856 of 15,119
its a free country cant i voice my opinion on a fun blog without Sil3nce being a kill joy?

but seriously if your a silly person why are you still posting a hundred word comment on this?

Lol, this seriously made my day.
Asides from the dangling modifier, is headfi the free country or is America? If it's the latter, what does that have anything to do with the fact Head-fi is hosted here? There are still laws and regulations of the internet. So tecnically...
Why is there a problem with me "telling you off then" It's a free country mate!

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #1,858 of 15,119

How about we all drop it. Muppet said she doesn't like drama. I apologize for my causing it, though I truly was trying to stamp it out to stop it where it was.
I demand more pictures of anime characters reciting Plato, while listening to AT woodies.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back