The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Oct 22, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #406 of 3,746

Quote:

Yes I was going to listen to user wilzc's UM1, but he advised me I wasn't missing anything. I spent a while hunting down the PL50 in singapore after reading a good review, and it sounded very dull, I gave it away.

In my opinion, if you want to spend under $100, you shouldn't be considering balanced armatures, at all, because the dynamic drivers sound 5 times better in that category.

If you want to experience balanced armature, try to find a second hand UE700, q-Jays, or ER-4, and we'll see what the Sony XBA-1 is like soon, from what I've read they coated the inside of the housing with liquid crystal polymer or something.

Let me repeat, for under $90 I consider JVC FXC51, and Jays A-Jays Two the best I've heard, IEM's like Dunu Ares and PL50 don't come anywhere close.

For those that prefer earphones, I think the Blox seems to have potential, it should sound a lot better than the Apple earbuds anyway.

i already have 5 pairs of dynamic :p anyways have you heard of the hf5? they also seem to get good reviews here

Oct 23, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #407 of 3,746
32b4a021_darrrr.jpeg

ph34r.gif

Oct 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #408 of 3,746
Best times
beerchug.gif

My Friend wants to give me one of his IEM (he got alot!!) I am interested in 2 

earsonics sm3 v2 or  westone 4

Any advise??????
P.S: Long story short, a woman is behind this!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cheers

Oct 23, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #409 of 3,746
Dunno about sm2, but westone 4 is hit or miss. For me, whenever I listen to the w4, I would complain how boring and light in treble they are. But whenever I switch back to them from another pair, I admire how correct they sound. The solution to my dilemma? I'm putting them on the FS forum to end my misery.

Quote:
Best times
beerchug.gif

My Friend wants to give me one of his IEM (he got alot!!) I am interested in 2 

earsonics sm3 v2 or  westone 4

Any advise??????
P.S: Long story short, a woman is behind this!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cheers

Oct 24, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #410 of 3,746

I haven't heard and I'm not very familiar with those models, sorry. :)

There's some controversy about 'nonlinearity' in the SM3, which apparently is present in the JH16 as well.

i.e. the driver for the bass and the driver for the mids sound different.

I could say J-Phonic K2 SP was nonlinear since the treble was fast and the bass had huge decay, however that aspect of the K2 SP sounded good! imho...

I use the word nonlinear, since I think "incoherent" is incorrect, it has negative connotations, you can't say something has "good incoherency", so it feels to me like people are just saying "I can hear incoherency, this sounds bad, dynamic drivers FTW", which I don't think is the case, for example JH Audio could have tailored the JH16 to have faster, drier bass, and more liquid mids at the same time, I don't know...

So as far as I'm concerned, there is "nonlinear soundspace", and there is "nonlinear signature", there is no "incoherency" because that implies an engine without enough gas.

I'm a bit skeptical to the importance of this stuff though, it's probably like cables. =p

Oct 24, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #411 of 3,746

Quote:

Thanks, ok, actually I haven't seen that article until now.

I haven't heard the HF5, I wonder if it's possible to add resistance to it, and how far it is from ER-4S sound?

I had the ER-4PT before, and converted it into the ER-4S with an extra 75 ohm, IMHO the ER-4S sounds a lot better than the ER-4PT.

There's a custom IEM available that's modelled on the ER-4P/S/B as well, btw I hated the fit and stock tips on the ER-4, I recommend Shure Olive tips, just my imho.

no idea thats y im asking u :p and do u think the ue600 is a good buy for 90 bucks?

Oct 24, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #415 of 3,746

Quote:

I haven't heard and I'm not very familiar with those models, sorry. :)

There's some controversy about 'nonlinearity' in the SM3, which apparently is present in the JH16 as well.

i.e. the driver for the bass and the driver for the mids sound different.

I could say J-Phonic K2 SP was nonlinear since the treble was fast and the bass had huge decay, however that aspect of the K2 SP sounded good! imho...

I use the word nonlinear, since I think "incoherent" is incorrect, it has negative connotations, you can't say something has "good incoherency", so it feels to me like people are just saying "I can hear incoherency, this sounds bad, dynamic drivers FTW", which I don't think is the case, for example JH Audio could have tailored the JH16 to have faster, drier bass, and more liquid mids at the same time, I don't know...

So as far as I'm concerned, there is "nonlinear soundspace", and there is "nonlinear signature", there is no "incoherency" because that implies an engine without enough gas.

I'm a bit skeptical to the importance of this stuff though, it's probably like cables. =p

I tried to order from J-Phonic, but the cable length option  is grayed so the purchase could not continue, email no response !!!!

Oct 24, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #417 of 3,746
Just ordered the The portable objective2, waiting time 4-6weeks, lets hope it deserved all the talk!

Oct 24, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #419 of 3,746

Quote:

Congratulations, I'm picking one up too.

This proves that you know your stuff, lets see who gets it first 
cool.gif
,any update about the customs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back