The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Dec 24, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #1,700 of 3,746
Quote:
I love your Omega 2, Stax, but OHMYGOD you need to make your earpads easier to replace....

Is it anything like the plastic-ring pads on the HiFiMan phones? Mine had its pads not mounted right and it took a few minutes under bright lighting and a couple precision screwdrivers to get them latched down properly without breaking the tabs. Many people end up breaking the tabs. HiFiMan's apparently using couplers that are less brittle now, but I would feel burned if I'd bought $1,400 headphones and there was no bass because the pads couldn't seal.

Which reminds me, I should get more pads. Judging from others' descriptions, the current run of pads do interesting things to the sound, which might make experimenting with amps fun again.

Dec 24, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #1,702 of 3,746

Quote:
Don't you have a pair of Denon 2000s and 7000s? Why not try out the open-back mod on your denon 2000s and post your impressions? The mod can be easily reversed and is not permanent. Trying to spread the word on a very capable and overlooked mod.

i translated the d2000 into somethingelsein2012, 
from stability to chaos...lets see what i will end up with..hmmm

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #1,703 of 3,746

Quote:
Lorspeaker,

"Location: asia"

That's like being on a boat, and saying "Location: ocean"

LOL. I'm also from Asia. Here is the song from my compatriot. Guess where is she from?

Dec 24, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #1,708 of 3,746
Quote:
I'm having serious Sony lust right now. I'm thinking about getting one of the new Z-series Walkmans. I also picked up a pair of their "personal field speakers," the PFR-V1, for a really low price. About 30% of what they go for on Audiocubes.

Hey, thanks for reminding me of the PFR-V1!  I've had an eye on these for quite some time, but never saw them at a good price in the EU. Your post made me search again and I managed to snatch a refurbished pair from Amazon UK for £99, so I really owe you :) Looking forward to how they stack up against my KDE250....

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #1,709 of 3,746

Quote:
Hey, thanks for reminding me of the PFR-V1!  I've had an eye on these for quite some time, but never saw them at a good price in the EU. Your post made me search again and I managed to snatch a refurbished pair from Amazon UK for £99, so I really owe you :) Looking forward to how they stack up against my KDE250....

Oh man, I have always been intrigued by those. Has anyone noticed that the ear hanging design with the speakers in suspension in front of the ear bears some similarity to the new EX series? I'm assuming that they incorporated a less extreme version of the idea in their new designs for the benefits to soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back