The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jun 14, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #14,386 of 21,761
Quote:
So, a package showed up earlier today rather unexpectedly. A very interesting piece of gear. Anyone care to guess what it is?

(Anetode and other CS peeps know, so they need to keep quiet).

You got the new revised Cavelli mobile amp to demo and give feedback on?

Concerts, now here's a topic I can thrive in. Let's see, lets go with the real memorable out of this world ones.

Iron Maiden 5x, Judas Priest 3x, Twisted Sister 1x, Godsmack x2, In Flames 4x, Megadeth 5x, Black Sabbath 2x, Children of Bodom, 1x, Stolen Babies 1x, The Gathering 1x, Zakk Wylde 2x, Ozzy 2x, Motley Crue 2x, Pink Floyd 2x, The rolling Stones 1x, ZZ Top 1x, The Headpins 1x, Dio 2x, The Watchmen 1x, Buckcherry 1X, The Tragically Hip 3x, Arch Enemy 2x, Dark Tranquility 2x, Dragon Force 1x, Three days Grace 2x, Rush 3x, The Absence 2x, Swallow The Sun 2x, Sonic Syndicate 1x, Soilwork 2x, All That Remains 1x, As I Lay Dying 1x, Econoline Crush 1x, Kataklysm 3x, Nightwish 1x

Bands I still want to see and hopefully I will one day soon.....

Dismoria Mundi, Scar Symmetry, Insomnium, Nightrage, Mygrain, Before The Dawn, Miseration, Demon Hunter, Catamenia, Katatonia and Kamelot

Oh and by the way, in a months time I'll be again seeing Megadeth with Hell Yeah at Giganatour

So, what do you guys think? Are any of you as surprised as I am that I'm not half deaf yet?

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #14,387 of 21,761
Yeahhh I vote for the Abyss or for the "Kings...thingie" (forgot the name...)

Btw, why is it that I keep buying headphones? I mean, I pretty much have my "end game" pair of Ultrasone Signature DJ and Mad Dogs!

Have here right now:

JVC HA-SZ2000 (not liking them)
Monster Ncredible N-Pulse (surprisingly AWESOME!!! and only cost me less than half of the JVCs)

Almost home:
Denon D5000 Lawton Level 3 (already had the stock 5000s...)
Waiting for Grain Audio kickstarter oehp headphone.

annnd, I was asking about some AT-W1000x woodies... Jeez...

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #14,390 of 21,761
@gelocks: you've really piqued my curiosity with the comment about the Monster Ncredible N-Pulse hp's. Now I gotta get some details from you. How do you compare them to the higher end hp's that you own? I might have to demo a set now,... :)

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #14,391 of 21,761
EDIT:
@MuppetFace

Forget my last guess I peeked into CS and found out about your new toy. Congrats, I know you've been crazy curious about them for awhile

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #14,392 of 21,761
Quote:

Deerhoof is a lot of fun live.
I saw Animal Collective back when they were a lot weirder. It was a long, meditative drum circle type thing.

Lucky. I super <3 Grimes.

Deerhoof was indeed very fun, the singer and the drum player are crazy...Grimes has a very endearing personality and bleeds talent all over the place. Animal Collective I am a fan, but live they have a very bad sound engineer and everything was compressed together, which is anoying for mutli layered music...

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #14,393 of 21,761
Quote:
You got the new revised Cavelli mobile amp to demo and give feedback on?

Concerts, now here's a topic I can thrive in. Let's see, lets go with the real memorable out of this world ones.

Iron Maiden 5x, Judas Priest 3x, Twisted Sister 1x, Godsmack x2, In Flames 4x, Megadeth 5x, Black Sabbath 2x, Children of Bodom, 1x, Stolen Babies 1x, The Gathering 1x, Zakk Wylde 2x, Ozzy 2x, Motley Crue 2x, Pink Floyd 2x, The rolling Stones 1x, ZZ Top 1x, The Headpins 1x, Dio 2x, The Watchmen 1x, Buckcherry 1X, The Tragically Hip 3x, Arch Enemy 2x, Dark Tranquility 2x, Dragon Force 1x, Three days Grace 2x, Rush 3x, The Absence 2x, Swallow The Sun 2x, Sonic Syndicate 1x, Soilwork 2x, All That Remains 1x, As I Lay Dying 1x, Econoline Crush 1x, Kataklysm 3x, Nightwish 1x

Bands I still want to see and hopefully I will one day soon.....

Dismoria Mundi, Scar Symmetry, Insomnium, Nightrage, Mygrain, Before The Dawn, Miseration, Demon Hunter, Catamenia, Katatonia and Kamelot

Oh and by the way, in a months time I'll be again seeing Megadeth with Hell Yeah at Giganatour

So, what do you guys think? Are any of you as surprised as I am that I'm not half deaf yet?

I am seeing a theme here :) Seems like you are not much a man for mellow Jazz :wink: I think some of these bands should have more sarcastic names, likes Kiss My Pink Unicorn, or Cute Puppies like Babies

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #14,394 of 21,761
Quote:
Man of Steel was (fword)-ing amazing!

I might be going to see it tomorrow in 3D......fingers are crossed that it happens. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #14,395 of 21,761
@gelocks: you've really piqued my curiosity with the comment about the Monster Ncredible N-Pulse hp's. Now I gotta get some details from you. How do you compare them to the higher end hp's that you own? I might have to demo a set now,... :)

Compare them favorable, especially to ones I've had such as Denon D600, Yamaha Pro 500, etc. Bass oriented, bit of leakage to mids but not that bad. Surprisingly forward in a good way, no ear piercing highs, instrument separation I find very good but overall soundstage is a bit narrow. It sounds very good and I'm not even amping (direct output from my Cowon C2). Surprised at the clarity. Need more time with them though, these are very preliminary impressions.

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #14,396 of 21,761
Quote:
I am seeing a theme here :) Seems like you are not much a man for mellow Jazz :wink: I think some of these bands should have more sarcastic names, likes Kiss My Pink Unicorn, or Cute Puppies like Babies

Lmao, over the last few years I've mellowed out quite a bit. Off the top of my head, I love Melody Gardot and I have some Jimmy Cobb, Nik Bartsch, and Alain Caron. I also listen a lot to Jazz At The Pawnshop (wonderful recording) and I have a few mixed jazz hits CD's with artists such as George Benson, Boney James, and Peter White. Believe it or not, I find the music that mellows me out the most is electronica specifically trance. Don't ask me why it just does. For whatever reason it also makes me feel a lot of joy. I really wouldn't mind seeing Melody Gardot in concert but I doubt she would ever tour through the back water sticks of central Canada.

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #14,398 of 21,761
Quote:
lol the girl in that pic looks like she's just reached a state of enlightenment :).

Good old Osaka. From the same anime as Sakaki up there in my avatar, and another favorite character of mine. She reminds me of my own often wandering mind and drifting focus, though I don't say weird things quite as often as she does.

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #14,399 of 21,761
Compare them favorable, especially to ones I've had such as Denon D600, Yamaha Pro 500, etc. Bass oriented, bit of leakage to mids but not that bad. Surprisingly forward in a good way, no ear piercing highs, instrument separation I find very good but overall soundstage is a bit narrow. It sounds very good and I'm not even amping (direct output from my Cowon C2). Surprised at the clarity. Need more time with them though, these are very preliminary impressions.

I'm hopeful the prognosis is good. I disliked the hfi-780, but i loved the denon d2000. I'm thinking these might be a fun rock/industrial/dance type of hp. Just up my alley,... And I'm seeing quite a bit of positive reviews. I'm thinking these are my next new hp purchase.

Jun 15, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #14,400 of 21,761
Quote:

Good old Osaka. From the same anime as Sakaki up there in my avatar, and another favorite character of mine. She reminds me of my own often wandering mind and drifting focus, though I don't say weird things quite as often as she does.

It's like the ultimate in innocence lol :p. Or at least she plays the roll like a charm :). I remember there being a couple characters in dragon ball z like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back