The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jun 14, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #14,251 of 21,761
Quote:

The last ten years that I drank, I didn't have a single hangover....and I always laughed at the rookies at work that came in hungover.
And here I am now, almost 6 years since I've had a drink......nobody back then would have ever guessed it possible.

One of my best friends had alcoholism so bad he ended up dieing from it :frowning2:. He was only 32. The guy always tried solving his problems with another bottle. I swear he'd drink 2 or more cases of bear a day. His first act of the day was to sober up by drinking more. I remember we went shopping one time and he had this large coffee mug on him. I was like "what you drinking?" He replied "this is my beer, I drive better intoxicated" lol...... Funny/scary thing is he was telling the truth.... He had jaundice and was actually in the process of turning his life over to God and quitting alcohol. But it took him so suddenly. I really felt bad for his daughter :frowning2:

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #14,252 of 21,761
Quote:
size]
 Li-hing Mui? Despite high-speed internet at the house, never 
size]
heard of it. However, I would like to make my first trip to Hawaii soon. Maybe on my way back from my first ever trip to Tokyo.

They sell it on amazon :). The general taste is in the same area (combo of sweet/sour and salty). Very much a vice of mine. I haven't had it in a long time though. I really enjoy the Li Hing Mui drops (candy). The powder alone is also quite good but I'd say an acquired taste. It also goes really well on watermelon candy :).

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=li%20hing%20mui%20candy

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #14,253 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:
Serving others needs > serving my own vanity. 
smile.gif

That's a pretty nifty idea Warren. Promoting the meet in your avatar. I hadn't noticed until read the post above.
beerchug.gif

Just trying to do my part.  
wink.gif

Quote:
Who says I can't be "silent" and visual? 
size]

Not mee. 
smile.gif

You know what song has a tendency to sneak up on me?  Ave Maria.  It tends to not get to me when I want to hear it.  But it rocks my world when it just comes on all of a sudden.

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #14,255 of 21,761
Quote:
Pre-orders are starting monday for the Alfa 4C, yeah... Mmm...

Here's a shot of the production car. Sorry, there's a chick in the way. I hate when they do that.
confused_face_2.gif

A bony chick, at that.....don't they feed the models there? 
confused_face_2.gif

Quote:
One of my best friends had alcoholism so bad he ended up dieing from it :frowning2:. He was only 32. The guy always tried solving his problems with another bottle. I swear he'd drink 2 or more cases of bear a day. His first act of the day was to sober up by drinking more. I remember we went shopping one time and he had this large coffee mug on him. I was like "what you drinking?" He replied "this is my beer, I drive better intoxicated" lol...... Funny/scary thing is he was telling the truth.... He had jaundice and was actually in the process of turning his life over to God and quitting alcohol. But it took him so suddenly. I really felt bad for his daughter :frowning2:

Sorry to hear that. 
frown.gif

I had a big wake-up call at the age of 36.....12 days in hospital, gave the family quite the scare. I got all the physical detoxing out of the way in those 12 days, and since then I haven't drank, or smoked. No meetings, no "higher power", no 12 steps....all the incentive I needed was those 12 days. I put my foot down, everyone wanted me to go to the meetings, and I said in as strong a way as I could without profanity that there was no way in hell I would go to them. And here I sit, years later....even work at a bar/restaurant...lol.

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #14,256 of 21,761
Hey guys, has anyone here heard anything about a transportable amp sold by Fujiyaavic called the Wagnus? Rudi created a thread about it and he seems pretty high on life over it.

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #14,257 of 21,761
Quote:

confused_face_2.gif

Sorry to hear that. 
frown.gif

I had a big wake-up call at the age of 36.....12 days in hospital, gave the family quite the scare. I got all the physical detoxing out of the way in those 12 days, and since then I haven't drank, or smoked. No meetings, no "higher power", no 12 steps....all the incentive I needed was those 12 days. I put my foot down, everyone wanted me to go to the meetings, and I said in as strong a way as I could without profanity that there was no way in hell I would go to them. And here I sit, years later....even work at a bar/restaurant...lol.

I'm glad you were able to overcome it. An addiction can be so hard to to break and can be devastating on both the person/family & friends. I'm not a fan of drinking but I can do it in moderation. Never acquired the taste though. Always tastes yucky to me. Well the same goes for smoking anyways.
regular_smile .gif

Quote:
Hey guys, has anyone here heard anything about a transportable amp sold by Fujiyaavic called the Wagnus? Rudi created a thread about it and he seems pretty high on life over it.

That's the first I've heard of it. Gotta love Rudi. No way I could keep up with him though. :)

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #14,258 of 21,761
Quote:

I'm glad you were able to overcome it. An addiction can be so hard to to break and can be devastating on both the person/family & friends. I'm not a fan of drinking but I can do it in moderation. Never acquired the taste though. Always tastes yucky to me. Well the same goes for smoking anyways.
regular_smile%20.gif

That's the first I've heard of it. Gotta love Rudi. No way I could keep up with him though. :)

Yeah I like Rudi too. The guy has some sweet gear and has to be the friendliest person I've ever met online. Talk about well grounded and polite. I'm gonna message AnakChan, considering he's in Japan and has had dealings with Fujiyaavic maybe he's had a chance to hear this amp or at least know something more about it.

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #14,259 of 21,761
Quote:achmedisstillalive

Sorry to hear that. 
frown.gif

I gave up when I was 25.
Never been drunk.  Hated beer, yet liked horehound.
Used to drink wine on special occasions.
Loved Tia maria, Irish Mist. Drambui, etc.... and especially Benedictine.

I found I was drinking more as time went by.

I lived around drunks, some would borrow metho so that they could drink it.

I worked with a fellow who died of cirrhosis of the liver.

I worked with someone who died in a hotel room from alcoholism.

I found I could do without it.

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #14,261 of 21,761
Quote:

regular_smile%20.gif

+1

It's always inspiring to see people find their inner strength and will and stick to something. Good for you, Achmed!

I personally can't stand the taste of alcohol, either. I believe I might be a supertaster, in fact. Alcohol is incredibly bitter to me, and I can't imagine that anybody would drink anything alcoholic if it tasted as strongly bitter to them as it does to me.

On the plus side, I'll never become an alcoholic.
cool.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #14,262 of 21,761
Quote:
confused_face_2.gif

Shouldn't a distinctly skeletonoid figure such as yourself find this attractive?

(wink, he teed you right up for this one!)

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #14,263 of 21,761
Quote:

Shouldn't a distinctly skeletonoid figure such as yourself find this attractive?

(wink, he teed you right up for this one!)

They say opposites attract....
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #14,265 of 21,761
Personally I like a bit more meat on the bones. Actually a bit more than a bit. My friends think I'm slightly nuts, but I know what I like and I'm not self conscious about it. Of course personality is almost everything. A really horrible person is really horrible no matter how physically attractive I might find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back