The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jun 13, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #14,161 of 21,761
Quote:
OMG! This is a looooonnnnnnggggg thread,...

confused.gif
 Long? On what day?! 
dt880smile.png

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #14,162 of 21,761
Quote:
OMG! This is a looooonnnnnnggggg thread,...

There's an obvious, very cliched and worn out joke here involving me informing you that a lady has uttered an affirmative statement to yours, but that joke is far too long in the teeth.

That's what she said.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #14,163 of 21,761
Tell me more? I have my travel agent on the phone and I AM READY TO BOOK TICKETS NOW

You might as well just pack up all your stuff and freight it over to the US, you won't even look back once you've had one.

It just hits all the right spots, protein fat carbs, cheesy meaty spicy crunchy chewy saucy savory, but not too much of any. It's the balance man, the balance. And it's ready to eat in 2 minutes 15 seconds!

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #14,164 of 21,761
Of course, the other option to laying off alcohol while recording/listening is to ALWAYS have alcohol while recording/listening. That way it will always sound good. Win-Win! :p

Doesn't that go along with "listening the way the artist intended"? Since most of the musicians in the 60s-80s were drunk or stoned on something when they were in the studio.

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #14,165 of 21,761
Additionally, there was rampant use on the other side of the glass, along the production chain and "The Shirts" making the key decisions as well.

No, I'm not saying everyone in the biz was coked-out or mixing heroin. However... 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #14,166 of 21,761
Quote:
By the way, @warren, speaking of E3 - you might enjoy the opening of this video:

Thankfully I skipped day one.  Seriously, E3 takes all the fun out of gaming.

EDIT:  Silent, you know that Audioholics thing you posted the other day?  I'm Captain America.

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #14,167 of 21,761
Naw, you're just being rational.

There's all kinds of stuff floating around the Internet and elsewhere. I usually hit up Snopes.com when I come across anything that sounds suspiciously like hearsay, and all too often it's right there.

As far as correlation studies go, what you've posted is the first lesson any good teacher will give you. Unfortunately, a lot of people never get this lesson, and, when abused, correlation studies are a pretty powerful way of convincing people to do x or believe y.

Remember kids, 100% of all people who listen to headphones will DIE!

EDIT: Futzed the silly example the first time. Go me!
hum...my wife is not basing her diet on heresay from the internet...we are not morons. This soy thing is a clear recommendation from several doctors based on clinical studies...you know...the science thingy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/503781.stm&sa=U&ei=yQm6UaH6MYnGkgXK_oCwCQ&ved=0CA0QFjACOAo&usg=AFQjCNEutXH8eRt9vFTeefEBA2WKwwfZCQ

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #14,168 of 21,761
hum...my wife is not basing her diet on heresay from the internet...we are not morons. This soy thing is a clear recommendation from several doctors based on clinical studies...you know...the science thingy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/503781.stm&sa=U&ei=yQm6UaH6MYnGkgXK_oCwCQ&ved=0CA0QFjACOAo&usg=AFQjCNEutXH8eRt9vFTeefEBA2WKwwfZCQ

Soy milk is not a traditional food. It is a modern industrial product. Eating large amounts of raw soy is poisonous to humans. There is a reason that traditional cultures only consumed fermented soy products like natto, tofu, miso, etc.

Soy beans like other legumes contain harmful lectins and other bioactive substances that can cause all sorts of problems (with large chronic consumption).

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #14,170 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:
EDIT:  Silent, you know that Audioholics thing you posted the other day?  I'm Captain America.

You mean, you're starring in your own 
biggrin.gif
 Vid? When I read part two, I'll look at your comments...

That pretty much describes about 95% of my job.  The other 5% is being a wise-ass.

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #14,172 of 21,761
Quote:
Soy milk is not a traditional food. It is a modern industrial product. Eating large amounts of raw soy is poisonous to humans. There is a reason that traditional cultures only consumed fermented soy products like natto, tofu, miso, etc.

Soy beans like other legumes contain harmful lectins and other bioactive substances that can cause all sorts of problems (with large chronic consumption).

You'd think that if soy milk is a modern industrial product then its producers would eliminate troublesome substances as a matter of standard practice.

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #14,173 of 21,761
You'd think that if soy milk is a modern industrial product then its producers would eliminate troublesome substances as a matter of standard practice.

That's a phrase I find myself using pretty often IRL.

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #14,175 of 21,761
That's a phrase I find myself using pretty often IRL.

I doubt they would because it would translate to more production costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back