The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jun 13, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #14,101 of 21,761
Quote:

Soy milk is supposedly not all that good for your health. Goat milk is apparently easier to digest for humans than cow milk.

I share this view. It's also an opportunity for me to share my view on consumption and digestion. When I schedule myself for critical listening, I strive to reach a state of balance - where I am neither full or hungry. And hopefully after I've done a fair amount of digesting from the previous meal. I also avoid most/all dairy that could potentially leave me congested.

Outside of any critical listening and I'm likely to sit down with with a bowl 
size]
of Peach Cobblah & Haagen-Dazs Dulce de Leche during the session! 

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #14,102 of 21,761
Quote:
Is you're not drinking organic then yes. Plus if you are drinking excessive amounts every day (more than 2 quarts lol). I may have a couple glasses a day but that isn't every day. I also drink coconut milk once in a while :). It's an acquired taste for sure but I really enjoy it. I'm drinking silks USDA organic with vanilla :).

I read a horror story of this one guy who was drinking over 2 quarts a day for years. He ended up developing breasts, lost functionality of hi p*nis, and became very hormonal (moody like a woman). Til this day he still has symptoms due to how bad things got but his boobs don't hurt anymore....

Does he wear a red wig now ?

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #14,104 of 21,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where do you get that from? Is this something like carnation condensed milk lol?

No, it's like PET evaporated milk or Carnation evaporated milk except it's Goat evaporated milk. The Supermarket. Sweet referred to the Cream of Wheat, say  sugar, syrup, peaches or the like.

MEY-00012-0.jpg

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #14,105 of 21,761
Beware the Jager-bomber! 

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #14,106 of 21,761
Quote:

No, it's like PET evaporated milk or Carnation evaporated milk except it's Goat evaporated milk. The Supermarket. Sweet referred to the Cream of Wheat, say  sugar, syrup, peaches or the like.

Ah interesting. I haven't seen anything like this at the store before (would be a first to see a European market with stinky cheese and goat milk lol :p). I'll be sure to search it out the next time I go shopping :).

When I try to eat healthy I tend to lay off the sugar. I may add a very small amount of honey to my oatmeal with a few strawberries and half a banana :).

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #14,107 of 21,761
Quote:

Ah interesting. I haven't seen anything like this at the store before (would be a first to see a European market with stinky cheese and goat milk lol :p). I'll be sure to search it out the next time I go shopping :).

When I try to eat healthy I tend to lay off the sugar. I may add a very small amount of honey to my oatmeal with a few strawberries and half a banana :).

The Meyenberg could take your hot cereal to the next level... 
size]

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #14,108 of 21,761
Quote:
On shallower depth insertion, does this mean your monitors were full of bass? No free lunch, you gotta give up something to get something. You must have found good balance with this adjustment.

Yeah they are very bassy... but tight instead of bloated. An IEM that starts at 15hz kind of thing.

Quote:
I read a horror story of this one guy who was drinking over 2 quarts a day for years. He ended up developing breasts, lost functionality of hi p*nis, and became very hormonal (moody like a woman). Til this day he still has symptoms due to how bad things got but his boobs don't hurt anymore....

I did my reading about this :3 It appears that soy milk has an effect on DHT receptor binding (a derivative of testosterone responsible for secondary sexual characteristics). In moderate quantities (ie the quanitites that Asian populations consume) it has positive effects on prostate health and male pattern baldness, but then this is also conditional because it appears that there is a specific strain of gut bacteria that Asian populations have developed that produces these effects. The gut bateria is rarer in European populations. It seems like in that particular case (which I read about), apart from the massive consumption of soy milk, there are probably underlying hormonal regulation effects at play. The endocrine system is endlessly interesting and complex...

Interestingly studies have shown that soy milk and green tea also interact!

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #14,109 of 21,761
I've had goat cheese (which I'm alone in my family in liking) but never goat milk. I've heard from a friend that everything to do with goats has a particular flavor (he's had goat meat) and that cheese made from their milk is included in this. I wouldn't know anything about that, but I guess it doesn't bother me as much as it does him. He hates it.

Somehow I've managed to have never posted in this thread until now. Hopefully there isn't some highly painful initiation ritual nobody bothered to tell me about (though reading the past few pages I'm quite scared if there is). 
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #14,111 of 21,761
I'm not really that picky. That said, listening on an empty stomach doesn't really work well for me. It sets up a series of deep, soul-searching questions like Do I listen to one more song or do I get up and nuke a TV dinner?

It's funny how many times I've put off eating because, well, you can't stop listening to a symphony after the second movement, and then, damn, didn't bring up the Foobar window fast enough so now we're into another multi-movement work, and since I've already started listening and haven't heard this one in a while....

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #14,112 of 21,761
Quote:

Yeah they are very bassy... but tight instead of bloated. An IEM that starts at 15hz kind of thing.

I did my reading about this :3 It appears that soy milk has an effect on DHT receptor binding (a derivative of testosterone responsible for secondary sexual characteristics). In moderate quantities (ie the quantities that Asian populations consume) it has positive effects on prostate health and male pattern baldness, but then this is also conditional because it appears that there is a specific strain of gut bacteria that Asian populations have developed that produces these effects. The gut bateria is rarer in European populations. It seems like in that particular case (which I read about), apart from the massive consumption of soy milk, there are probably underlying hormonal regulation effects at play. The endocrine system is endlessly interesting and complex...

Interestingly studies have shown that soy milk and green tea also interact!

I've been reading up on it and the more I read the more scarred I get to consume soy anymore.... Supposedly any soy that is unfermented is bad for you (Tofu, Soy milk etc). But isn't soy a pretty substantial part of the Asian cultures diet? I may end up just buying more coconut milk instead lol. Will look into goats milk as well :p

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/08/04/Why-Silk-Soy-Milks-Parent-Company-is-Throwing-American-Farmers-and-Consumers-Under-the-Bus.aspx

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/08/04/Why-Silk-Soy-Milks-Parent-Company-is-Throwing-American-Farmers-and-Consumers-Under-the-Bus.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back