The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
May 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #12,616 of 21,761
Quote:
smile.gif
  So much for NAFTA eh? 
rolleyes.gif

I'm trying to develop an apartment complex for my IEMs.  They deserve to have nice little homes. 
smile.gif
  So.... you made it out alive then? 

ye, the watch was 2-7. Was really dark and windy about 2-3. Rained from 3-4. 
I see... and years later, you can sell them as a whole? :>

Ha. Nude is a slight overstatement.

However, when I go to New Orleans for mardi gras I try to stock up on the biggest, most intricate beads from the day parades, then "cash them in" on bourbon street at night. It's amazing what some girls will do for cheap trinkets...

overstatement? Oh no, I remember now. It was my world history prof. He'd take the competition team for wiz quiz down there and see naked ladies I think... well I'm not sure if it was one of the 2 or both that said that.

$10 a piece? :0

May 22, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #12,617 of 21,761
I got a Corsair K70 keyboard for my computer today. It's easily the best keyboard I've ever used. The mechanical switches on it are perfect, and the back-lighting actually works like it should. Nice solid aluminum construction and built-in volume controls. Great for gamers and serious typists.

May 22, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #12,618 of 21,761

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smile.gif
  So much for NAFTA eh? 
rolleyes.gif

NAFTA sorta works like the old roach motel things can go into the states but hellish hard to bring em out. Thats why a lot of us use addresses across the border. Problem there is on a 50 buck savings the travel cost makes it a no go.  Unless I happen to have someone else who needs to ship stuff there.

I'm trying to develop an apartment complex for my IEMs.  They deserve to have nice little homes. 

How about a little stainless beer fridge so you can keep them perfectly conditioned in temp and humidity:)

May 22, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #12,619 of 21,761
Quote:
I got a Corsair K70 keyboard for my computer today. It's easily the best keyboard I've ever used. The mechanical switches on it are perfect, and the back-lighting actually works like it should. Nice solid aluminum construction and built-in volume controls. Great for gamers and serious typists.

I heard that mechanical keyboards are loud :/ otherwise, I think they're pretty nice. 

May 22, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #12,620 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:
So.... you made it out alive then? 

ye, the watch was 2-7. Was really dark and windy about 2-3. Rained from 3-4.

Good to see you're okay. 
smile.gif

Quote:
I see... and years later, you can sell them as a whole? :>

Nah, I'll probably never sell them.  They're so easy to collect!

Quote:
How about a little stainless beer fridge so you can keep them perfectly conditioned in temp and humidity:)

I'll start paying utilities when they start paying rent. 
wink.gif

May 22, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #12,621 of 21,761
Quote:
I heard that mechanical keyboards are loud :/ otherwise, I think they're pretty nice. 

There are some switch types that are fairly quiet, but yes many who use them prefer the nice satisfying "click" and the tactile response.  The smoother/quieter switches rob them of this experience.  Otherwise, you do have options if you'd like to explore using a mechanical keyboard but don't want to wake the neighbors.

May 22, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #12,622 of 21,761
mechanical keyboards > gaming = tube amps > audio

May 22, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #12,623 of 21,761
Quote:
Good to see you're okay. 
smile.gif

wink.gif

Ye, but the storms still moving and it's a big one collectively, so I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring.
Collect... sounds like you take them from random places and collect them lol
Quote:
mechanical keyboards > gaming = tube amps > audio

I think it's the other way around for me, but great analogy. 

There are some switch types that are fairly quiet, but yes many who use them prefer the nice satisfying "click" and the tactile response.  The smoother/quieter switches rob them of this experience.  Otherwise, you do have options if you'd like to explore using a mechanical keyboard but don't want to wake the neighbors.

Ah I see... thanks jazz, never knew there were quiet ones. 

May 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #12,624 of 21,761
I previously used a Logitech Ultrathin keyboard for several years. It was okay, but the keys couldn't take the pounding of serious gaming sessions and finally popped off. The Cherry switches used on the Corsair seem to be bulletproof. As for noise, I don't mind the clacking sound the keys make, as it lets me know I'm fully depressing the switches. Some folks add o-rings to the keys to dampen them, if that's what you want.

May 22, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #12,625 of 21,761
Quote:

Good to see you're okay. 
smile.gif

wink.gif

Oh, that is cold.

Allthough I suspect you could pimp them out:)  Hey mister, looking for a good time
wink.gif

May 22, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #12,626 of 21,761
May 22, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #12,628 of 21,761
Quote:
NOLA darling... I'm coming! Maybe Sep/Oct when the heat settles some.

Hey Silent, there are some events in my sig that you might be interested in... depending on where you'll be when they happen. 
smile.gif

May 22, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #12,630 of 21,761
Quote:

tongue.gif

Hmm, I've never initiated a listening tour before... I guess I could try that. 
wink.gif

Well I posited this in the abyssmal tread and it got the non response I suspected. Gone over to 009 appreciation there now.

Maybe we all need to pool up some money and do a time share thing. Buy a heap o headphones use them for 2 weeks send on to the next member, at the end of the year sell them all off (time sharers get first refusal) to fund new purchases for the next year.

That way you only have to keep them in the manner they would like to be accustomed for a few weeks:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back