The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Sep 22, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #1,036 of 21,761
I have always wished I was really handy with a soldering iron and various scopes & meters so I could buy and repair vintage electronics. Unfortunately, my soldering skills don't go much beyond joining big fat wires together, and the sum total of my general fundamental electronics theory consists of E=IR, Rs=R1+R2 & Rp=R1*R2/(R1+R2).

Sep 22, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #1,037 of 21,761
Quote:

Seems it's broken. I've e-mailed Koss about possible repairs, but I'm not holding my breath considering it's from the late 70s. The seller claims it was working just fine when he sent it, of course.

This hobby is really annoying. I'm done buying vintage gear.

I realy hope you didn't use Paypal Gift

Sep 22, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #1,039 of 21,761
Quote:
Seems it's broken. I've e-mailed Koss about possible repairs, but I'm not holding my breath considering it's from the late 70s. The seller claims it was working just fine when he sent it, of course.

frown.gif

Sep 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #1,040 of 21,761
Quote:
Thanks for the link. I meant the gamer one, yeah. For me it's between the Samsung or the Alienware....

I dunno, just not feeling the Asus so much.

Ever think of the Razer Blade? It's probably not the fastest machine, but I have a thing for monoliths.

Quote:
Can the two guys who got the iP5 test if this is true? http://www.slashgear.com/your-8mp-iphone-5-may-only-give-you-4mp-photos-but-its-not-broken-21248848/
EDIT: oh wow, that article is getting a beating from the Nokia fans LOL. Also here's another one with picture comparisons. http://hiblue.com/2012/09/21/first-iphone-5-images-appear-online-pixel-oversampling-confirmed-offline-comparison-of-sensitivity/

That's really interesting. I wonder if it does the oversampling for video as well, since 8 megapixels is more than enough for 1080p. (I wish in fact all cameras did this.)

Quote:

Ouch, that sucks. :frowning2:

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #1,041 of 21,761
Quote:
So my Koss ESP / 10 arrived, and it looks to be in very good shape along with its matching transformer. This thing is a solid block of wood. Also low and behold, it has a Stax-type termination as standard. I've got the headphones charging, but there's a massive channel imbalance, and I'm hearing sound clearly from the left channel, whereas the right channel is extremely quiet (but audible if I lower the volume on the left side). I'm hoping this is one of those "needs to charge for an hour" things that pops up with vintage stats from time to time, otherwise it's either a cable issue or, worse, a driver issue.

From the side I can hear, these actually sound very nice, so I'm hoping this can be fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saC13RJ8CUs
Cant you claim it back using paypal? 

Sep 23, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #1,042 of 21,761
This is hilarious as it is stupid. Muppet this one if for you. Looks like Rush Limbaugh is blaming his lack of manhood on women...
rolleyes.gif
Never saw eye to eye with this crackpot.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/21/rush-limbaugh-feminism-penis-size_n_1904192.html

Sep 23, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #1,043 of 21,761
lol - that's the worst photoshop job I've seen in quite a while. No offense to any lurkers that are talk show hosts, but a radio political talk show host must be a sure sign of a life gone horribly wrong.

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #1,044 of 21,761
Quote:
This is hilarious as it is stupid. Muppet this one if for you. Looks like Rush Limbaugh is blaming his lack of manhood on women...
rolleyes.gif
Never saw eye to eye with this crackpot.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/21/rush-limbaugh-feminism-penis-size_n_1904192.html

No wonder the rest of the world looks at us funny, when idiots like this are in the public eye and with a large following to boot!

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #1,045 of 21,761
Quote:

I feel bad for having provided the lead. Sorry, MuppetFace.

No worries!

I'm thinking it's due to the cabling which got kinked or twisted when they were crammed into the case. One of the cable entry points is definitely looser than the other. I've talked to the seller, and he offered a refund or to work with me in contacting Koss to see if they can do a repair on the cabling. I think I'm going to go with the latter, since these are genuinely pretty nifty phones.

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #1,046 of 21,761
I'm actually liking the SR-007 + Liquid Lightning pairing more than with the SR-009, though both are exquisite. I think a friend described the LL's sound signature best when he called it "polite and stately." Some might find this to be a little too much with the SR-007, whereas the SR-009 relatively brighter nature compensates, but I don't personally think it's too dark or colored. It sounds heavenly, just laid back enough to make it the sort of thing one could listen to for hours without fatigue, but still plenty detailed and involving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back