The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Feb 13, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #5,956 of 21,761
Quote:

A perfectly valid question. Several reasons.

1.) The most simple, straightforward answer is that LFF says so, and I trust he's not lying.

2.) I have experience with the "standard" T50RP mods, including mass loading, damping, etc. I've spent time modding my own set, as well as talking to certain individuals who have far more experience than I do in that area. As a result I have a basic familiarity with the types of materials and methods and the ends they achieve. What LFF is able to wring out of the T50RP simply exceeds anything I have yet to encounter, and the improvements cannot be accounted for with those methods alone IMO.

3.) Expanding on the above point, the Paradox exceeds any other mods for the T50RP I've encountered with the exception maybe of RD's which is also not public information.

4.) LFF has gone to great lengths to keep his methods secret. For one thing, this begs the question of why he'd do this if his methods were the same as everyone else's. It's either because they're genuinely different, or because it's a way to get publicity. LFF sees what he's doing as a natural extension of his hobby more than a money making opportunity, at least in my experience, and he's turned away offers for money in the past. He hasn't shared his mods for personal convictions. I don't want to get into the politics of it too much, but he (and others in the scene) feel pioneers like smeggy didn't get the respect they deserved when others basically took their work, originally published as a free resource to the community, and capitalized on it. You see a lot of people making money off of those mods who don't even give credit where it's due.

5.) Expanding on the above point, there are several failsafes in place. When the enclosure of the Paradox is tampered with--- ie. forced open---then it destroys part of the mod. Several people have tried, only to discover they can't replicate the effects and can't get it to sound right anymore. LFF fixes them.

Ah, well all of those are indeed good and valid points. You're probably right in that case. I think it goes without saying LFF spends the most amount of time fine tuning the Paradox, compared to any other T50RP modder out there.
I would be interested in hearing a pardaox just to see if I could hear any sonic differences between that and the mad dogs. You should also try some of the new alpha pads on the mad dogs. 
wink.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320964713126?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619
I lol'd at:
"THE AMPLIFIER IS USE BOSE POWER IC"

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #5,962 of 21,761
If nobody minds me resurrecting the Paradox discussion, I ordered a Paradox beginning of this year and I should have my pair hopefully in the next month or two. Right now LFF is busy so Coq if you're interested in ordering a pair be prepared to wait a good 6 to 8 weeks.

My stupid CLAS LOD is cutting out again. I removed Raven from the chain and just plugged Eva into my Classic using my Fiio LOD just to make sure my Classic wasn't to blame. With the Fiio connector I have no problem whatsoever. When I have Raven in the mix and sitting on a table everything is fine. When I put the rig in my pocket and start walking around I get my audio cutting out and I have to pull the LOD out and reinsert it to reestablish the iPod CLAS handshake. I so hope that ALO LOD solves this dumb problem. You'd think a company that advertises a mobile DAC would do a better job manufacturing a proper LOD that could take the punishment of someone walking with it in their parka pocket without the connector loosening up. Seems like the more I walk around with it the looser the CLAS LOD becomes.

EDIT:
I just checked the tracking on those ALO cables and they entered my city as of 9:30 this evening. Heres hoping I have them in my hands tomorrow morning.

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #5,968 of 21,761
You do 3 against 3. If they are equal, take remaining 4, do 1 against 1, if equal test one of the remaining 2against first 8. If are not equal, test these against remaining 8.
If 3 against 3 not equal, test 3 against 3 from thefirst 4. You then knowwhich3 contain it and if ball heavier or lighter. Compare 1 for 1 in these last 3 and youregood.
Sorry for thegibberish, tablet sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back