The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Feb 13, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #5,911 of 21,763
Feb 13, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #5,913 of 21,763
Feb 13, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #5,914 of 21,763
Just so you know guys, I didn't find that myself, but I saw someone linking to that blog post in the D2-5-7000 appreciation thread.

Yeah, agreed, they do indeed look good in quite a few ways. I'd like to see a few comparisons of the LCD-2 and the Mad Dogs with the Alpha pads to know the sonic differences between them. The FR charts look similar, (I don't know how they differ with noise, and other measurements) but do they sound similar or are they still very different beasts altogether?

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #5,915 of 21,763
There's a pretty nice sale on albums ($3) over at Amazon if anyone's interested.

Christmas by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Kyarypamyupamyu, how can anyone resist?

I remember a conversation with some friends a while ago about what will replace the cutout bin at the record store, once record stores and CDs are obsolete. I guess this is the answer.

Whenever I get the itch for an intellectual challenge, you'll be sure to find me back here again. But for now, adieu.

Now you've made us all feel self-conscious about posting here.

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #5,916 of 21,763
Quote:

Whenever I get the itch for an intellectual challenge, you'll be sure to find me back here again.

Okay, so you have 10 ball bearings that look and feel identical.  They all weigh the same, with the exception of one, which is of a different weight than the rest.  However, you have no idea whether that oddball bearing is heavier or lighter.  All you know is that it does not weigh the same as each of the other nine.  Using a simple balance scale (two-sided scale with no markings of any kind) - and only three separate weightings - please isolate the ball bearing that is of a different weight than the others. 
smile.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #5,918 of 21,763
Quote:

Okay, so you have 10 ball bearings that look and feel identical.  They all weigh the same, with the exception of one, which is of a different weight than the rest.  However, you have no idea whether that oddball bearing is heavier or lighter.  All you know is that it does not weigh the same as each of the other nine.  Using a simple balance scale (two-sided scale with no markings of any kind) - and only three separate weightings - please isolate the ball bearing that is of a different weight than the others. 
smile.gif

http://www.sorting-algorithms.com/

Pick your poison. 
wink.gif

Though, it sounds like there should be additional rules to your question. Like, you can only weigh 3 balls on each side at a time, or you have to do it in a specific amount of times or else the time bomb explodes, you're in a movie and that oddball bearing is the key to unlock riches beyond your wildest dreams so you get an adrenaline dump that immobilizes one hand and so on.

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #5,919 of 21,763
Okay, so you have 10 ball bearings that look and feel identical.  They all weigh the same, with the exception of one, which is of a different weight than the rest.  However, you have no idea whether that oddball bearing is heavier or lighter.  All you know is that it does not weigh the same as each of the other nine.  Using a simple balance scale (two-sided scale with no markings of any kind) - and only three separate weightings - please isolate the ball bearing that is of a different weight than the others.  :smile:

Damn you that took me an hour...

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #5,922 of 21,763
Quote:

Kiteki is a boy unless I was somehow very mistaken. All the pictures I saw him post of Japanese girls were of Japanese celebrities etc. 
smile.gif

Shhhh!

Yeah, some diary members have met him in person. It's just fun to perpetuate the mystery.

Quote:

hohoho... same as the others. Except I think there're only 3 females that I've seen so far. Silent One (unless I'm completely wrong), Muppet (unless I'm also completely wrong, but he also gives off that impression if that's the case), and a person in the animu thread (unless I'm also wrong on this and he really needs to cut his nails... and gives off the impression that he is a she).

There are other females who post on head-fi. Some are more vocal about it than others---for instance dubstepgirl---while others don't advertise the fact. I know of two individuals who post here in the diary who fall under the later heading. There's a female mod here on head-fi, boomana, but she hasn't been active in a while. There's also a female head-fier who lives fairly close to me and is a professor too, which is pretty cool.

Off the top of my head I can think of 11 ladies here on head-fi. Those are just the ones I know about, obviously. I'm sure there are more.

Quote:

Not sure what is the point on hitting on a girl over the net? :p.

I've gotten quite a few... interesting... PMs to that effect. Some are amusing, while others are actually pretty creepy.

When I first joined I mentioned being a girl in my profile, because I also had a huge list of gear I owned and wanted to make some kind of statement or something silly. Like, "hey girls can be into this stuff too." I honestly didn't expect anyone to even notice or care on a headphone website (unlike, say, xbox live or something). Since then I've taken down any such descriptor along with my list of gear, because the random comments and PMs get to be a little much.

I learned back in high school that mentioning your gender / sex in certain places online resulted in a lot of unwanted attention. Most "gamer girls" for instance were either a.) bored guys or b.) girls who wanted attention more than anything else, even if it came in the form of sexual harassment. Of course you also had your gamer grrrrrrls who were very vocal about being proud of their gender. They'd brag about kicking the asses of male players. But in those cases you'd damn well better be a skilled player, because those male players were going to go out of their way to target you as a result of being emasculated. Some folks would like nothing more than to embarrass someone like that. Most female players just put male on their user profiles to go under the radar.

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #5,923 of 21,763
Quote:
Just so you know guys, I didn't find that myself, but I saw someone linking to that blog post in the D2-5-7000 appreciation thread.

Yeah, agreed, they do indeed look good in quite a few ways. I'd like to see a few comparisons of the LCD-2 and the Mad Dogs with the Alpha pads to know the sonic differences between them. The FR charts look similar, (I don't know how they differ with noise, and other measurements) but do they sound similar or are they still very different beasts altogether?

Please, do yourself a favor and add the Paradox by LFF to your list of considerations if you're considering modded T50RPs. Thinking back to your posts about wanting something different than a V-shaped signature, and wanting something like the more monitor-type MDR-7550, the Paradox is an easy recommendation to make. I feel it competes with---even surpasses---the LCD-2 and HE-500.

Quote:

Hey there, just a passerby. I've been lurking ever since Kiteki's original thread, not to mention the first part of the new series. Just want to say that I hold this thread and its inhabitants to that of the utmost esteem. Among some of the most profound and intense conversations I've heard on any lounge thread to date. Brilliant stuff, I often link friends to many of the gems that gets churned out here.

Whenever I get the itch for an intellectual challenge, you'll be sure to find me back here again. But for now, adieu.

Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings. It really means a lot to me.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #5,924 of 21,763
There are other females who post on head-fi. Some are more vocal about it than others---for instance dubstepgirl---while others don't advertise the fact. I know of two individuals who post here in the diary who fall under the later heading. There's a female mod here on head-fi, boomana, but she hasn't been active in a while. There's also a female head-fier who lives fairly close to me and is a professor too, which is pretty cool.

Off the top of my head I can think of 11 ladies here on head-fi. Those are just the ones I know about, obviously. I'm sure there are more.

Not that it will have much bearing on how I will act in their presence in this forum (well it will be if it's in the anime thread or related to anime in any way shape or form since I will discard my diplomatic facade) but that's still refreshing/surprising to know.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #5,925 of 21,763
Speaking of online wierdness, back in the 90's I was a regular on some gaming newsgroups(that's what we had before forums), and saw some things that convinced me that when online it was best to remain as anonymous as possible. Specifically, there was this game developer that would literally hunt down anyone who made negative comments about his games, and show up on their doorstep! Mentioning his name was like saying "Candyman" three times in the mirror. Maybe that was the desired effect...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back