The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Feb 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #5,746 of 21,761
Quote:
IMO the EX800 / 7550 is pretty difficult to hate. I could see someone uncouth finding it boring perhaps, but it's very inoffensive in any outright sense.

Last time I checked the EX800 was a very hard find. To my knowledge when Sony was still producing them they were only available in Asia. I've always wondered about that IEM. It seems like the IEM that people either outright hate or really love. Do you have a pair Muppet?

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #5,747 of 21,761
Quote:
Last time I checked the EX800 was a very hard find. To my knowledge when Sony was still producing them they were only available in Asia. I've always wondered about that IEM. It seems like the IEM that people either outright hate or really love. Do you have a pair Muppet?

The EX800 is the same as the 7550; it's just the name it goes by in Japan.

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #5,748 of 21,761
Can't speak for the 7550 but the little brother of both the 7550 and the 1000, the EX600, I would describe as fast aggressive take no prisoners. The EX line as far as I'm concerned are the gladiator types of Sony's IEM line. Tangster from what I've read the 7550 is a lot like the 600 and 1000 the big difference being it's treble isn't as forward and harsh sounding as the other two. It's supposedly pretty smooth sounding up top. The EX600 is considered the poor mans version of the EX1000. Some users have said the EX1000 only brings an added 10 or 20 percent improvement over the EX600. Of coarse other peoples mileage may vary.

Now, that's more like it. You make it sound intriguing. Like I want to take it on.

It can be my gladiator, I can be it's emperor.

Truthful but polite. Revealing and accurate but relaxed.

The important thing to remember is that in Japan it's classified under Sony's ST line for studio use. It's very much a studio monitor in the best sense. It's non-fatiguing and you can listen to it for a long time in one go.

Thank you.

I think the v-shaped signatures are comparable to this kind of photo:

Just higher contrast, still very little color even though there's more dramatic effect to it.

What I want is more like this:

More color. More...something else.
Edit: that last disco picture was really bad symbolism. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #5,749 of 21,761
The Nobel Prize Foundation decided to use my interview as a part of their official video. I appear for about 10 seconds from 01:11. Fame!
http://www.nobelprize.org/mediaplayer/index.php?id=1918

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #5,750 of 21,761
Quote:
The Nobel Prize Foundation decided to use my interview as a part of their official video. I appear for about 10 seconds from 01:11. Fame!
http://www.nobelprize.org/mediaplayer/index.php?id=1918

What a coincidence, one of the professors that works in my institution is in this assembly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Assembly_at_Karolinska_Institutet

Apparently we're both in the administration board of the same study so when we had a meeting not too long ago about that certain study, he actually started talking about the Nobel prize. Congratulations though, it must feel pretty awesome to be a part of such a video. The Nobel prize is pretty prestiguous.

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #5,751 of 21,761
What I want is more like this:

More color. More...something else.
Edit: that last disco picture was really bad symbolism. 

Koss ESP/950s or STAX SR-407s. Lush, vibrant. Not heavily detailed, but alive.

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #5,752 of 21,761
What a coincidence, one of the professors that works in my institution is in this assembly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Assembly_at_Karolinska_Institutet

Apparently we're both in the administration board of the same study so when we had a meeting not too long ago about that certain study, he actually started talking about the Nobel prize. Congratulations though, it must feel pretty awesome to be a part of such a video. The Nobel prize is pretty prestiguous.

Tell them to not give the Peace prize to any US politician until AFTER they've shown that they're peaceful. Thanks! :wink:

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #5,753 of 21,761
IMO the EX800 / 7550 is pretty difficult to hate. I could see someone uncouth finding it boring perhaps, but it's very inoffensive in any outright sense.

Uncouth lol.

As MF, said it's the same. Heck, my 7550 is labeled 7550 on the IEM bodies and EX800 on the Y-split plastic.

Feb 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #5,754 of 21,761
Quote:
Tell them to not give the Peace prize to any US politician until AFTER they've shown that they're peaceful. Thanks!
wink.gif

LOL

Feb 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #5,755 of 21,761
Quote:
Koss ESP/950s or STAX SR-407s. Lush, vibrant. Not heavily detailed, but alive.

Yeah, I've been thinking of those Koss ones to buy sometime. However, not now, too early on, too expensive and so on. But yeah, they're a realistic buy for sure. 
Quote:
Tell them to not give the Peace prize to any US politician until AFTER they've shown that they're peaceful. Thanks!
wink.gif

Haha, well, these guys only decide upon the medical prize. But yeah, I see your criticism and while I don't know the details of that one (actually, the Nobel prize never really intrigued me what so ever, in a way it still doesn't, I'm no scientist) I sure hope he didn't win it because he was the first black president of the US and A - because that would be a little weak.

Feb 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #5,756 of 21,761
Haha, well, these guys only decide upon the medical prize. But yeah, I see your criticism and while I don't know the details of that one (actually, the Nobel prize never really intrigued me what so ever, in a way it still doesn't, I'm no scientist) I sure hope he didn't win it because he was the first black president of the US and A - because that would be a little weak.

I thought it will be because he won hide and seek with a certain someone in the mountains.

Feb 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #5,757 of 21,761
Quote:
I thought it will be because he won hide and seek with a certain someone in the mountains.

Oh, that may be the case. As said, I have no idea about the details behind that one. The only thing I know is what I was told about the medical award on that meeting (which of course wasn't any details about any nominees or anything, so don't ask me anything). 
redface.gif

Feb 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #5,759 of 21,761

I would have preferred they brought him back in shackles to stand trial in the Hague for his international crimes. Just storming the house and murdering him in his PJs was anticlimactic and thuggish, IMO. It felt more like a summary execution, from my perspective, not justice.

Yeah, I've been thinking of those Koss ones to buy sometime. However, not now, too early on, too expensive and so on. But yeah, they're a realistic buy for sure. 

The ESP/950s are the best HPs <$1200, IMO. For the often-discounted-to $600 price, they're the cat's PJs.

He won it in expectation that he'd be a great facilitator of justice and world peace, but that didn't materialize. Executive international policies changed insufficiently with his installation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back