The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jan 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #5,341 of 21,761
All this talk...

Sorry i'm just here sitting on my bed in Istanbul, nursing my throbbing painful leg after walking around to and fro in the light shower, seeing this thread ignite in flames.

@MF if you don't mind, can you pm me some of your recs on this Boris person i've seen you and idsync talked about? I'm suddenly interested because you mentioned anime...

Jan 31, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #5,343 of 21,761
I'm an official troll of this thread!

Yeeeeey! 

biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #5,344 of 21,761
Quote:

One of the very few things that I agree with you during the last few pages. Declaring you a troll strikes me as taking the easy way out. I think your arguments ought to be taken seriously, or not commented on at all.

If only mutabor would extend MF the same courtesy!

Here's what he said 2 pages back:

"Yes, I do disregard everything that she has written."

And he seems to comment every time.

BTW, mutabor, Roger Ailes called and he thinks you are "over the top" (LOL).

Best, Kevin

Jan 31, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #5,346 of 21,761
Mutabor, if you've had your fill of Romy's 'brainwashing' you are free to move on to another thread. Don't mind us members of the cult if we continue.

Jan 31, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #5,347 of 21,761
Quote:
Mutabor, if you've had your fill of Romy's 'brainwashing' you are free to move on to another thread. Don't mind us members of the cult if we continue.

Yeah, and I think that Romy's brainwashing influence over the cult members is greatly overestimated. 
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #5,348 of 21,761
All this talk...

Sorry i'm just here sitting on my bed in Istanbul, nursing my throbbing painful leg after walking around to and fro in the light shower, seeing this thread ignite in flames.

@MF if you don't mind, can you pm me some of your recs on this Boris person i've seen you and idsync talked about? I'm suddenly interested because you mentioned anime...

Boris has more roots in Sabbath, Melvins and Motörhead than anime tunes lol. I'd recommend Pink as an album to start out with as it covers a decent swath of their stoner doom/psychedelic/shoegaze output

Oh and I meant to comment on your GB link concerning the Zero Escape series. It's been fun to listen to Patrick gradually come around on 999/VLR on the podcasts. That and the cognitive dissonance the GB crew wrestled with after coming to terms with Asura's Wrath as an amazing over the top experience haha

Jan 31, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #5,349 of 21,761
Quote:
"He hates women so he might be gay, LOL" isn't really the angle to take.

Quote:
My response to gelocks was regarding his use of sexuality as a perjorative; I'll trust him to have not meant that, specifically, or to have said what he did in a mean-spirited way, but I'd just as soon not watch this thread devolve to namecalling and stereotyping.

Guess you forgot the most important piece of that post... --> :p  ==
tongue.gif

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #5,350 of 21,761
Quote:

However, did you know that the first programmer was a woman named Ada Lovelace? Would you consider programming and computer science to be serious?

Love me some Ada... in fact... back to work!!!

Check.

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #5,351 of 21,761
Quote:
I don't see her doing that at all.

My response to gelocks was regarding his use of sexuality as a perjorative; I'll trust him to have not meant that, specifically, or to have said what he did in a mean-spirited way, but I'd just as soon not watch this thread devolve to namecalling and stereotyping.

Beyond that, all I will contribute to this current conversation is what I said in another context a while ago: "This is certainly something I have strong opinions about."

Quote:
Oh and I meant to comment on your GB link concerning the Zero Escape series. It's been fun to listen to Patrick gradually come around on 999/VLR on the podcasts. That and the cognitive dissonance the GB crew wrestled with after coming to terms with Asura's Wrath as an amazing over the top experience haha

Well, dumb me, I have both 999 and Zero Escape and played Zero Escape first!!! LOL. I haven't powered my 3DS in weeks maybe months?!? Anyway, need to play it! I LOOOVED Zero Escape. Some of the puzzles actually got me stumped, but it's pretty linear and easy. Got to all the endings too. Hopefully 999 is similar (or, Zero Escape is similar to 999 so I wont have a problem with it. :wink:).

Asura's Wrath has been on my amazon cart for the longest time... but NEED to go through some of the backlog first... Not buying more games PERIOD!!!!!

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #5,353 of 21,761
Quote:
I would ask to ban me from this thread. Who should I ask?

The moderators can do that.  Just look through the thread for a post by a mod, and then send a PM.

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #5,355 of 21,761
Well, dumb me, I have both 999 and Zero Escape and played Zero Escape first!!! LOL. I haven't powered my 3DS in weeks maybe months?!? Anyway, need to play it! I LOOOVED Zero Escape. Some of the puzzles actually got me stumped, but it's pretty linear and easy. Got to all the endings too. Hopefully 999 is similar (or, Zero Escape is similar to 999 so I wont have a problem with it. :wink:).

Asura's Wrath has been on my amazon cart for the longest time... but NEED to go through some of the backlog first... Not buying more games PERIOD!!!!!

I did the same thing by playing Dreamfall before The Longest Journey, which, in hindsight, felt like waltzing into the Star Wars episodes after the original trilogy, except for the not sucking part. 999 is still probably worth playing but you're not going to be blown away with it after VLR gave away the twist. I think the reception of the Zero Escape series in the West is pretty interesting. The creator himself acknowledges that its positive reception stems from a sort of galapagos effect since he's not exactly reinventing the wheel or anything. I guess we're all just starved for something more than bald space marines and constant riffs on the monomyth

I would ask to ban me from this thread. Who should I ask?

There's nothing binding you to this thread so you can just, I dunno, gracefully exit stage left instead of partaking in unnecessary histrionics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back