The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Dec 21, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #3,949 of 21,761
Quote:
Now that the impressions are on their way and my 4A will soon be manufactured the only missing piece of the puzzle is what mobile DAC should I buy. My Leckerton I really like so as far as amps are concerned that piece of the puzzle is solved. For DAP's, if I want to change it up and not be stuck with a brick the odd day I have the Studio V which fills that hole in nicely. I so need to decide if the CLAS is what I want or if maybe the VentureCraft DD Socket 1 is the better answer. Oh by the way, hey argeedee, if I decide on the CLAS db and maybe down the road grab the RX MKIII would you be willing to let me commission you for a balanced cable for the 4A? That move is a ways down the road but I'm trying to get everything lined up so once I'm ready to go that route I'm not running around at the last minute trying to find someone.

Since you're thinking in this price range: I think the 4.A sounds fantastic with the RSA SR-71B. As I've noted elsewhere, though, I don't attribute this to balanced topologies being inherently better than unbalanced, it's just a good synergy.

Anyway. We'll see how good I am at cablemaking by then. For now I'm not confident that they're good enough (in looks or build quality) to let others play with 'em. These days I haven't had the time free to build much of anything anyway.

Dec 21, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #3,950 of 21,761
Dec 21, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #3,951 of 21,761
Quote:

Hey now, I've been using colors in my posts.

I'm sorry, MF, you're right. However, your use seem to be rather sporadic, bound to whenever you seem to have something to tell, or show, us i.e. a diary post or when you've dicovered something funky and cool. Qui tacet on the other hand seem to be using that one color all the time.

Finally home from work. Being at work today, despite being so tired, wasn't the end of the world...

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #3,953 of 21,761
Quote:
Hopefully my Flat-4 Maple will be shipped out today.

Sound n Tea 4 Lyfe

Has the build quality improved with the Flat-4?

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #3,954 of 21,761
Quote:
Has the build quality improved with the Flat-4?

Actually, the build quality on the SUI isn't bad. The biggest issue as I see it is the lack of a proper strain relief; the wire going into the housing makes me a little nervous, and I try to stay away from pulling on it. Many of FAD's earphones didn't / don't have proper strain reliefs either...

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #3,957 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:

Hey now, I've been using colors in my posts.

I'm sorry, MF, you're right. However, your use seem to be rather sporadic, bound to whenever you seem to have something to tell, or show, us i.e. a diary post or when you've dicovered something funky and cool. Qui tacet on the other hand seem to be using that one color all the time.

Finally home from work. Being at work today, despite being so tired, wasn't the end of the world...

I absolutely adore MF's use of Purple! 
wink.gif

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #3,958 of 21,761
This afternoon I put on Standards by Tortoise. A good album, not one I had considered one of Tortoise's best -- just dunno, it never connected somehow. The opening track had always sounded to me like a noisy thing that's meant to rise and peel away to reveal the melody underneath. But this time...

...it was a call to arms that cleared the room before getting down to work.

This time that album did connect. I get the title now. I get the album cover art. I have never loved it so much before. I think I've found a sweet spot with the NT 6 Pros. 

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #3,960 of 21,761
Just checked tracking on the Canada Post site and as of 4:05 pm today my impressions left Canuckville and are on their way south to the farthest southern reaches of Yankee Country. The countdown is well on it's way ladies and gentlemen. When I mailed them I was sitting at minus 20 and counting. Currently I'm now sitting on minus 15 and counting boys and girls. This DigitalFreak remains at arms on Heir 4A control center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back