The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Dec 6, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #19,951 of 21,761
S so far not bad, there's been a couple little bugs here and there but overall it's been a pretty good experience. Sound is very good which it had better be considered the price I paid. I would've liked to see a speedier UI mind you but overall it functions well enough and fast enough to get by. Overall it's a good experience thus far

In all honesty, I like the UBER simple Hifiman HM Ui. I rarely have issues with it [my nm 801 is actuall 3 years old so I'm having some hardware issues since I got her used :[

That said, the UI works pretty nicely... although it really only does the BARE minimum! Lol Still keep it simple keep it free of too mny bugs it seems 

OMG U GOT AN AK. DUde I LOVE the demo disc that comes with those! I had the 2 CD collection of 24bit music from them on my hm801 [a gift from my seller]

LOVE LOVE LOVE those tracks! 

Oh schiit vali is on it's way to me

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #19,952 of 21,761
  In all honesty, I like the UBER simple Hifiman HM Ui. I rarely have issues with it [my nm 801 is actuall 3 years old so I'm having some hardware issues since I got her used :[

That said, the UI works pretty nicely... although it really only does the BARE minimum! Lol Still keep it simple keep it free of too mny bugs it seems 

OMG U GOT AN AK. DUde I LOVE the demo disc that comes with those! I had the 2 CD collection of 24bit music from them on my hm801 [a gift from my seller]

LOVE LOVE LOVE those tracks! 

Oh schiit vali is on it's way to me

Nice, I'm slated to review that amp in the near future. Considering the rave reviews I've read from trusted ears I'm really expecting that little amp to really impress

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #19,953 of 21,761
Hello thread, it's been awhile.  Just some random updates before bed...

I had a dream last night wherein I got a PM here saying "You'd better get your ******* (<- swear word for anus) ready..." It felt so real that I had to check my inbox a bit later in the day to make sure it wasn't.  I'd post this in my thread, but that's really all there was to it. 

The Sherbourn receiver I was using to power the speakers in my bedroom broke :/ .  Just sent it back for RMA today.

I got a new SSD on Black Friday and hooked one of those SOtM SATA noise filters up to it for the sake of being a kook.  The drive's called "music" and I plan on putting nothing but music on it to force myself to organize all of it and rip some CD's I have yet to do so with.  As far as sonics go, I'd be happy if all of this proved to be at least a 1% increases in sound quality, but more would be nice; my DAC's snob mode will let me know whether or not it effects latency at least.

My American internet isn't very good either :frowning2: .  Moreover it likes to cop out when the weather's less than favorable.  I call their tech support and give them a hard time over this a lot because it's ridiculous.  I mean, there's a 50/50 chance my internet will start going bad any time it rains and a good 80% chance that will happen when it's hot out and the problem isn't on my end.  I know it's not tech support's fault, but *******, someone at Comcast needs to know that **** ain't cool >_> .  It's a shame they have no real competitors here.

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #19,954 of 21,761
Somehow I think it's hard to imagine that such a small player like the AK could drive big headphones well. I guess it's psychology doing it's tricks on me.

Glad you're happy with it DF. I'm personally still happy with my iPhone as my main DAP. Sometimes I just freeze up in what I do and really listen to it, and think to myself that it's actually a very nice sounding phone. It makes me smile when I do that. I also get a good chuckle out of it, when I start thinking about how people around must think I'm crazy (which I, admittedly, am).

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #19,955 of 21,761

Hey driver8, its been a long while my friend. Good to see you're ok and hope you hang around awhile
  Somehow I think it's hard to imagine that such a small player like the AK could drive big headphones well. I guess it's psychology doing it's tricks on me.

Glad you're happy with it DF. I'm personally still happy with my iPhone as my main DAP. Sometimes I just freeze up in what I do and really listen to it, and think to myself that it's actually a very nice sounding phone. It makes me smile when I do that. I also get a good chuckle out of it, when I start thinking about how people around must think I'm crazy (which I, admittedly, am).

It drives my source picky Q701 not to badly as well as my Alpha Dog and Paradox cans. I've yet to put my 600 ohm Sextette to it though.

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #19,956 of 21,761

Hey driver8, its been a long while my friend. Good to see you're ok and hope you hang around awhile
It drives my source picky Q701 not to badly as well as my Alpha Dog and Paradox cans. I've yet to put my 600 ohm Sextette to it though.

Is it good enough to be your desktop dap too?

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #19,957 of 21,761
I just had a wicked idea, alright, nobody disown me for asking this. Anybody here know where I can pick up a pair of Beats cans for cheap? Before anyone asks no I don't want to add this to my collection I want to use it as a seguay for something else.

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #19,958 of 21,761

I got a new SSD on Black Friday and hooked one of those SOtM SATA noise filters up to it for the sake of being a kook.  The drive's called "music" and I plan on putting nothing but music on it to force myself to organize all of it and rip some CD's I have yet to do so with.  As far as sonics go, I'd be happy if all of this proved to be at least a 1% increases in sound quality, but more would be nice; my DAC's snob mode will let me know whether or not it effects latency at least.

Thats a pretty cool tool to have in diagnosing computer audio, I wonder how effective a lot of the audiophile computer tweaks are (well actually I have first hand negative experience with some other computer tweaks).

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #19,959 of 21,761
  I just had a wicked idea, alright, nobody disown me for asking this. Anybody here know where I can pick up a pair of Beats cans for cheap? Before anyone asks no I don't want to add this to my collection I want to use it as a seguay for something else.

eBay should have some. If you want a REAL pair... yea ebay might have them pretty cheaply honestly

I'm using my hm801 pb1 as a desktop source atm my self. 

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #19,964 of 21,761
  the Amoled screen on my Note 2 cracked..... and worst of all I have an overseas model which cannot be fixed in Australia..... Any ideas? 

Yeah, get a new screen yourself from ebay or something, and repair it yourself, or pay a handy friend/repairman to do it for you. That's also probably cheaper than other options.

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #19,965 of 21,761
  Yeah, get a new screen yourself from ebay or something, and repair it yourself, or pay a handy friend/repairman to do it for you. That's also probably cheaper than other options.

I guess so but Im scared of ruining it completely 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back