The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jul 24, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #16,231 of 21,761
Wow. Wow, Opera. Just... smh

I thought that with Opera 15 moving to webkit, it would be overall better and retaining some of the things that I love from the old ones, mainly the tab stacking and the robust mouse gesture support (with graphical help when I forgot what gesture do what). There's some quirk that made me not use it fully (that goes to Firefox now) that I'm too lazy to look a fix/workaround for.

Back to Opera 15 though, I don't know how it performs (pretty well I assume, since the top nav bar in google is fixed, and on 12 mine shown a borked one) since I "WOW" 'd my way in disbelief at omissions of some of the main features that's been in for Opera. No more tab stacking, a blind mouse gesture feature with lesser gestures, and no more pinned tabs. This is less attractive than Chrome now. F this ****.

Jul 24, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #16,232 of 21,761
Quote:

Given the ability of a camera to reasonably get that high with usable results, it can be extremely liberating.

I had speedlights with me, but being able to move around and shoot freely (even though it was dark), without losing the feel of the actual ambient lighting, is really fun and liberating.

I just did an Adobe Lightroom filter of my library to show all photos at or above ISO 25600, and there's a whole lot of them there. If your camera can get up that high with usable results (and what's "usable" is up to each person), you might be surprised how much you use it.

beerchug.gif

I have an "ancient" 40D and I often shoot at 3200 even with tons of banding noise. On top of that, I "push" in Camera RAW to a 12800 EV equivalent. Most people would consider my ISO 3200 shots "unusable" already, and they might throw up at the sight of the banding and grain, but I do get the picture I want, and that's ultimately the goal. I had to take this shot at ISO 3200 because it was super dark and I was on an escalator, and after denoising, it was significantly softer than before, but it's one of my prouder pictures, even though it's not tack sharp and the colors are a bit blunted.

Quote:
  Speaking of, just this week a Rice student was likely wearing headphones when she was cut in half by a railcar.

Eeek.

Jul 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #16,234 of 21,761
Quote:
I'd also consider the FujiFilm X10 or X20. It has a quality, versatile lens, and a nice sensor that does away with the low-pass in the X20. The RX100/II probably has marginally better IQ, but the X10/20 is the way to go if people want to learn how to use a camera. All the dials are readily accessible, has a pretty optical viewfinder, and it's ergonomically designed for shooting. As cute as the RX100 looks, I anticipate running into problems holding it in my hands.

I recently bought a FujiFilm X100S, had it set up by the my friend who recommended it. Hot commodity in Hong Kong at the moment. What fantastic 1 button camera.........
size]

Jul 24, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #16,235 of 21,761
Quote:
  I recently bought a FujiFilm X100S, had it set up by the my friend who recommended it. Hot commodity in Hong Kong at the moment. What fantastic 1 button camera.........
size]

That's one of my favorite cameras around; it looks great, handles well, and shoots superb pictures. The hybrid viewfinder is awesome. Great choice!

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #16,236 of 21,761

So I went to my friend's house today bringing the RX1R with me. He's a semi-professional photographer and the took the last picture for me XD

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #16,237 of 21,761
Yup, definitely getting either the RX100, Fujifilm X20 or the Panny LX7. Only thing left is to go to a store that has all three and decide by touching them there. Inclined to the X20 for some reason. Maybe it's the styling, and maybe for the slightly more fitting performance for what I'm looking for.

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #16,238 of 21,761
Hi!

I see this is a popular thread with a lot of knowledge flowing through it like water down a river.

I have a few quick questions to the fish if you don't mind.

1.  What is the best dynamic IEM?

2.  What is the best balanced-armature IEM?

3.  The best speaker under $2500?

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #16,239 of 21,761
Ardgedee has been pretty quiet lately. I wonder where he left. Vacation?

It seems as my doctor wants me to be put on disability (she has been wanting this for quite a while now). Apparently I'm going to start on lithium this sunday. I also have a sneaky suspicion that they'll put me on antipsychotics as well. I think my disorder has been taking a bit of too unpleasent turns as of late.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #16,240 of 21,761
Quote:
Hi!

I see this is a popular thread with a lot of knowledge flowing through it like water down a river.

I have a few quick questions to the fish if you don't mind.

I think it'll make you happier to stop thinking about headphones in terms of being 'best' and so on.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #16,241 of 21,761
Quote:

Honestly:
1. The one you have.
2. The one you have.
3. The one you have.

normal_smile .gif

Quote:
Ardgedee has been pretty quiet lately. I wonder where he left. Vacation?

It seems as my doctor wants me to be put on disability (she has been wanting this for quite a while now). Apparently I'm going to start on lithium this sunday. I also have a sneaky suspicion that they'll put me on antipsychotics as well. I think my disorder has been taking a bit of too unpleasent turns as of late.

He's busy with work and finding a new place to live.

If you want a second opinion, feel free to PM me.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #16,242 of 21,761
Quote:
Apparently I'm going to start on lithium this sunday. I also have a sneaky suspicion that they'll put me on antipsychotics as well. I think my disorder has been taking a bit of too unpleasent turns as of late.

It sounds like you have an interesting story to tell there, I think you should tell it to us!

Quote:
I think it'll make you happier to stop thinking about headphones in terms of being 'best' and so on.

I don't have very much interest in headphones, only a vague desire for the TH600 at the moment.  However, I need to know what the best dynamic IEM is and the best balanced-armature IEM, custom or otherwise.  Even if my desire for them is questionable, the inquiry still stands nonetheless, even if only for the sake of inquiry or felicity.

I admit I keep thinking, I will enjoy music more when I have X better equipment, and that that idea has never ever surfaced in any real reality.  I like music, and I like equipment, separately.  They cross paths in fleeting illusions of divine elation.

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #16,243 of 21,761
Quote:

It sounds like you have an interesting story to tell there, I think you should tell it to us!

I don't have very much interest in headphones, only a vague desire for the TH600 at the moment.  However, I need to know what the best dynamic IEM is and the best balanced-armature IEM, custom or otherwise.  Even if my desire for them is questionable, the inquiry still stands nonetheless, even if only for the sake of inquiry or felicity.

I admit I keep thinking, I will enjoy music more when I have X better equipment, and that that idea has never ever surfaced in any real reality.  I like music, and I like equipment, separately.  They cross paths in fleeting illusions of divine elation.

I see. Well, I hope for your sake you find an answer to your question

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #16,244 of 21,761
Quote:

He did a few months back. You should have discovered head-fi earlier 
smily_headphones1.gif

As for the "best", I've been to the mountain-top (through some kind friends), and there is absolutely no such thing. The more high-performance an iem gets, the more specialized it will be. For instance, I found my ASG-2 to be better than the TG334 because it had better technical performance and more open treble. Another 334 owner found the 334 to be better because it had better delicacy and more forward upper mids. Same with the 1Plus2 and 334/ASG-2, etc.

Everything will have compromises, it's just up to you to determine what you can live with. That principle can also apply to life itself.

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #16,245 of 21,761
He did a few months back. You should have discovered head-fi earlier 
smily_headphones1.gif

Everything will have compromises, it's just up to you to determine what you can live with. That principle can also apply to life itself.

X2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back