The Descent
Jan 21, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastian589 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loved this movie, has anyone read the theories that the main character made the monsters up in her head and killed her friends herself. I personally think it's too contrived, but it is interesting to go on imdb.com and read peoples theories, there's some clever interpretations. Just thought I would give you a heads up.

yes, i'll watch it again with that in mind

**spoiler for minority report**
like then end of minority report: anyone remotely familiar with philip dick's writing knows that the "happy ending" was all dreamed by cruise's character after he was "halo'ed" and put in storage.

Jan 21, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #32 of 34
*SPOILER*

I don't see how the ending in the US theatrical release can be considered a "happy" ending. Sure, she gets out, but the film makes it obvious that she's insane from the ordeal in the cave. I felt that the original, uncut ending was more fitting, because it at least gives the hope, albeit a very very bleak one, that she will be reunited with her daughter.

Jan 21, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastian589 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loved this movie, has anyone read the theories that the main character made the monsters up in her head and killed her friends herself. I personally think it's too contrived, but it is interesting to go on imdb.com and read peoples theories, there's some clever interpretations. Just thought I would give you a heads up.

SPOILERS

I read a few of those interpretations, and I'd have to say, if that was the case, it would totally ruin the movie for me. There are numerous instances where the lead is NOT a part of the scene (specifically the scene where the Juno accidently kills the other woman), so how could she have imagined that scenario in her head, or done the killing herself? Doesn't make sense. As a side note, I'm sick of the "all in the person's head" copout twist to movies. Used way too often to weasel out of contradictions and inconsistencies of poor screenwriting. For every movie that uses this plot device correctly, there's a handful that use it merely as a escape valve for a awful script.

Jan 22, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #34 of 34
On the horror movie topic (not to derail the Descent but...) can anyone that has seen the new Texas Chainsaw flick tell me if it was any good??

btw - I did like the remake if that helps
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back