The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jan 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #8,852 of 9,815
Quote:
I bought it 
biggrin.gif

LOL!! I wondered what happened to them. Good buy, tell us what your impressions are once they come in. Do you have any other AKG's to compare them with?

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #8,853 of 9,815
It was an impulse buy. I'm thinking about cancelling the order because from what I read it's not for bassheads. Or I might sell it here (for the same price and assuming it's in good condition) so other head-fi'er can get it. Not sure yet.
give them a fair shake though. they are an awesome headphone. my 2nd favorite that I own just behind the HD650. I especially enjoy them through my Lyr but i have to use an impedance adapter.

That is a STEAL.

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #8,854 of 9,815
Amazon still has a pretty good deal on the T5p $958, still wish I had the funds in hand when TTVJ had them for $750 :)

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-T5p-Audiofile-Portable-Headphone/dp/B004C04P46/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357581206&sr=1-1&keywords=beyerdynamic+t5p

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #8,855 of 9,815
Quote:
LOL!! I wondered what happened to them. Good buy, tell us what your impressions are once they come in. Do you have any other AKG's to compare them with?

Nope, this will be my first AKG. I was gonna make the K267 my first AKG but I couldn't pass up this good deal.

Quote:
give them a fair shake though. they are an awesome headphone. my 2nd favorite that I own just behind the HD650. I especially enjoy them through my Lyr but i have to use an impedance adapter.
That is a STEAL.

I almost cancel the order twice, than I remembered amazon has a great return policy and it might be better to pass on the saving to another head-fi'er.
But yeah, I will give them a chance, they might even surprise me like the portapro did.

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #8,856 of 9,815
I got a pair of open-box K550s on eBay for a "steal" at $239. Then I was depressed as hell because they were unbalanced and the left ear was clearly louder. I tried to ignore it, but it almost drove me bonkers. I was pretty sure there is no way the seller is going to accept a return, and warranty? ha? doubt it is covered. 

Lo and behold I am in the process of selling an amp and buying another and had to direct plug them into the computer one day. What happens? They sound perfectly balanced. Bizarre. Try iPhone, same thing. 

I'm pretty sure the very high output impedance of my E09K amp caused the problem (10ohms output impedance)!!! Even now with an O2 they are perfectly balanced. So I have no idea how you will run these puppies of a Lyr, probably have the same problem as me! 

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #8,857 of 9,815
I got a pair of open-box K550s on eBay for a "steal" at $239. Then I was depressed as hell because they were unbalanced and the left ear was clearly louder. I tried to ignore it, but it almost drove me bonkers. I was pretty sure there is no way the seller is going to accept a return, and warranty? ha? doubt it is covered. 

Lo and behold I am in the process of selling an amp and buying another and had to direct plug them into the computer one day. What happens? They sound perfectly balanced. Bizarre. Try iPhone, same thing. 

I'm pretty sure the very high output impedance of my E09K amp caused the problem (10ohms output impedance)!!! Even now with an O2 they are perfectly balanced. So I have no idea how you will run these puppies of a Lyr, probably have the same problem as me! 

Thanks for the story...... But no, i don't have the same problem as you.

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #8,858 of 9,815
About to make a purchase, and I stumble on to this thread, I am wondering what you guys prefer, buying on amazon or on ebay? I found the same headphone at the same price on both websites. Who is buying their headphones on ebay and why do u choose so? 

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #8,859 of 9,815
Quote:
New to this thread, I am wondering what you guys prefer, buying on amazon or on ebay? I found the same headphone at the same price on both websites. Who is buying their headphones on ebay and why do u choose so? Thanks

Amazon (US) in a walk.  I'm sure there are exceptions to this rule, but they are rare.

Reasons: returns, dispute resolution, and (better but not great) customer service.

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #8,860 of 9,815
About to make a purchase, and I stumble on to this thread, I am wondering what you guys prefer, buying on amazon or on ebay? I found the same headphone at the same price on both websites. Who is buying their headphones on ebay and why do u choose so? 
Amazon, better return policy, and much more reliable! :)

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #8,861 of 9,815
Quote:

I prefer Amazon for their great return policy. The only time I buy from ebay is when it's dirt cheap or if it's an item I can't get on amazon.

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #8,862 of 9,815
Quote:
Drat, I was just about to buy them.  DT250-250 are great headphones, I was excited to own them again.  Dancingpotato, let us know if you actually get them.  
beerchug.gif

I ordered them when I posted the link last night. I'll see what transpires. Order is in limbo, has not been cancelled as of yet but not shipped either, and I selected 3 day Express delivery.

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #8,863 of 9,815
I paid $150 for my DT250-250 and would've gladly paid more.  When ran through a quality source and amplified correctly, I really can't imagine a more natural closed-headphone listening experience.  I would've purchased a "backup" (or two) this morning but the deal was restricted to Canada.

Here's hoping that some lucky Head-Fiers got one heck of a nice price on a severely underrated headphone! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #8,865 of 9,815
That's the first oddity I have found and it was purely by accident. I was just browsing amazon.ca because I got a gift card for Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back