The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 11, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #25,232 of 35,372
That does appear to be the case, although the year may be 2016--that is when I got the the Dunedin Bach Concert.
I thought Linn announced in 2015 they were no longer doing this each year? Perhaps those tracks are still from 2015?
That appears to be the same one we downloaded last year?
J.S. Bach: Christmas Oratorio (Bonus Tracks) (Dunedin Consort)

What's the album today?

It appears Linn quit the holiday album giveaways. :deadhorse:

Dec 12, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #25,236 of 35,372
Darn! That sold out quick. Not that I needed them. lol

Actually the sale on the Q300s starts tomorrow. So you still have the chance to do something foolish.

Here is the full sale page. I see the M200s at $59 is a decent price. The M100s are higher than Kef on Newegg.

ON a Side Note: Amazon had a Lightning Deal on a portable Wi-Fi Multiroom speaker for $10

Still may be 1 left. Not being a headphone I posted about it on a famous deal site. Not a single response. Really surprised me: Echo/Chromecast/Google Home have really changed the streaming landscape. I am a veteran of the Squeezebox days and used to $400 streaming boxes from them, Sonos, and others. It sure changed fast. Back on topic now...I did post deal information, so I am venting rather than trying to start an off topic conversation..

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 13, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #25,238 of 35,372
Dec 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #25,239 of 35,372
Thanks for this! I have no idea if Jays are any good, but at 50% off the a-Jay Five seemed like a good deal so I scooped them up, even though I getting killed in the USD CAD exchange rate!

Well this deal turned out to be lousy. After USD:CAD conversion and CC fees for international purchases, The phones were $45 CAD. Visions electronics had them for $28+$7 shipping tax which works out to $40 (didn't see this till after I ordered). Ok, no big deal, just another $5.

However, Fed-ex sent me a letter - that $45 didn't include taxes. Well, that sucks, but it's fair. So add another $6. Oh wait - fedex wants to charge me $10 for the pleasure of charging me taxes. And the icing on the cake? They charge an additional tax on the the charge they're charging to charge me taxes (try saying that one 5x in a row).

Grand total? $62 CAD.

Are the a-Jay Five worth it? Honestly, they're just OK. The sound is a tad muddy in the high bass/low mids, highs sibilant, and sub bass a bit boomy. I think I'm actually hearing "grain" for the first time - they almost sound a little scratchy in the highs. Comfort is excellent with the default silicon ear tips because they make a good seal with only a small amount of insertion. However, they're easily knocked out by gentle pressure. The cord produces terrible microphonics with every little movement, but that's not uncommon for IEMS. All told, they're far better than any "cheap" IEMs I've used, but I would not buy them again for $62. For the Visions deal of $40 CAD they're worth it.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #25,241 of 35,372
Groupon has a very nice deal on B&O H6, ($130) H7 ($180) Wireless and H8 ($230) Wireless Headphones in Manufacturer refurbished condition. The Code SALE3 takes another 10% off each price. Free shipping, but tax is charged most places.

I do not think a direct link is allowed, but if you Google Groupon Beoplay you will get right to it. They still have the Definitive Symphony Phones for $161 and the SALE3 code should apply to those too.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #25,242 of 35,372
Well this deal turned out to be lousy. After USD:CAD conversion and CC fees for international purchases, The phones were $45 CAD. Visions electronics had them for $28+$7 shipping tax which works out to $40 (didn't see this till after I ordered). Ok, no big deal, just another $5.

However, Fed-ex sent me a letter - that $45 didn't include taxes. Well, that sucks, but it's fair. So add another $6. Oh wait - fedex wants to charge me $10 for the pleasure of charging me taxes. And the icing on the cake? They charge an additional tax on the the charge they're charging to charge me taxes (try saying that one 5x in a row).

Grand total? $62 CAD.

Are the a-Jay Five worth it? Honestly, they're just OK. The sound is a tad muddy in the high bass/low mids, highs sibilant, and sub bass a bit boomy. I think I'm actually hearing "grain" for the first time - they almost sound a little scratchy in the highs. Comfort is excellent with the default silicon ear tips because they make a good seal with only a small amount of insertion. However, they're easily knocked out by gentle pressure. The cord produces terrible microphonics with every little movement, but that's not uncommon for IEMS. All told, they're far better than any "cheap" IEMs I've used, but I would not buy them again for $62. For the Visions deal of $40 CAD they're worth it.

I will not buy anything that ships FEDEX. They have so many bogus charges it is criminal.

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #25,243 of 35,372
Groupon has a very nice deal on B&O H6, ($130) H7 ($180) Wireless and H8 ($230) Wireless Headphones in Manufacturer refurbished condition. The Code SALE3 takes another 10% off each price. Free shipping, but tax is charged most places.

I do not think a direct link is allowed, but if you Google Groupon Beoplay you will get right to it. They still have the Definitive Symphony Phones for $161 and the SALE3 code should apply to those too.
There's no issue linking to Groupon deals, just make sure that any affiliate/referral codes are removed from the URL. It's the same requirement as any other link shared in the thread.

Link: https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-cm...emium-anc-headphones-manufacturer-refurbished

Users who are viewing this thread

Back