The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 5, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #15,151 of 35,343
That was my 1st thought too.  Another great choice might be the V-Moda Crossfade M-80s.  They were just recently displaced from Innerfidelity's wall of fame by the newer model XS, and are available at the above link from AWD for $60 Used Very Good.

I have both the Onkyo and the newer XS model and prefer the sound, durability, and smaller packing size of the V-moda's.  The M-80 is supposed to be very similar to the XS. 
Really like my M-80's...great sound and durable; my go-to travel cans. They came with a hard shell case and two cables as well.

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #15,152 of 35,343
I don't think that would work.  Whenever I have to have something shipped to my NY address, I am charged NY state tax.  Everything shipped to PA is charged PA state tax.
Went and checked my order history for stuff I sent during Christmas and you are right. Bummer. I thought the stuff that I shipped to my folks weren't taxed. =\

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #15,153 of 35,343
Thanks for the additional suggestions. Which has better isolation between the two?

Actually, I would go for that used M-80 over the Onkyo if a lot of travel is involved. The hard case is very nice, they don't fold but are pretty compact as is, and they are built like a rock. Also, the cable is much more easily and cheaply replaced. There are a couple on AWD for $60 with damage only to packaging. 

Jun 5, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #15,154 of 35,343
  The $390 was the blink of an eye.  

Sometimes we bandy numbers around as if any tom, dick and harry can get those prices all day long.  It distorts reality in my opinion.

HS

I have to say that with the internet the audience is greatly expanded and people who can afford things that  you (me) might find very expensive.  I think it's just a question of trying to imagine things from any number of perspectives. It may warp what you feel at the moment but you had the sense to bring it back to earth.

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #15,156 of 35,343
I participated in that deal and bought my HD700, delivered to TX, for $452 with the sale and then the add'l coupon code.  The open box units you're referring to weren't as low as $300 delivered but they were a bargain...and lasted for a short while.   My point still stands that poo pooing deals because of some small window price does not seem useful for the guy/gal that's looking for a good deal on a nice pair of cans currently.  

HS
Then your point is misinformed because I didn't poo poo the deal. I was just pointing out that CCC was wrong and that the lowest price, wasn't.

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #15,157 of 35,343
It's not. It was $390 at one point a month or two ago.

E: And you were the one to purchase it at the 396.88 price point. lol
Same with this. Was $260-ish earlier last week.

Yes dear...

To refresh your memory, it was in response to this post after a gent had posted up a "lowest" CCC price.  That's all I was referring to, as misinformed as it might have been.  
biggrin.gif

I simply would like some of the newbies to get a dose of reality.  That was a hell of a good price he posted on the HD700.

HS

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #15,158 of 35,343
It's not. It was $390 at one point a month or two ago.

E: And you were the one to purchase it at the 396.88 price point. lol
Same with this. Was $260-ish earlier last week.

Sad thing is I actually forgot that I got them for that cheap, they got returned anyway LOL. First, I am no longer a fan of the HD700 sound and second they were actually broken. The spring in the right ear cup was malfunctioning and it was only a matter of time till the cup was flopping in the wind LOL.

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #15,159 of 35,343
AD900X on Buydig for $129.
Coupon code: EMATPRO
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ATHAD900X

Also available, AD500X for $64.95.
Coupon code: EMATPRO
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ATHAD500X

Edit: Code seems to work with other AT headphones (with some exclusions) as $10 off.

Jun 7, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #15,162 of 35,343
Still no $100 price tag for the 598's? Been waiting a while since they did a few months back.

Also, anybody else not getting their email subscriptions from Head-Fi?

Jun 7, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #15,163 of 35,343
Still no $100 price tag for the 598's? Been waiting a while since they did a few months back.

Also, anybody else not getting their email subscriptions from Head-Fi?

You probably will be waiting a long while longer, unless they are discontinued and close out. 

The $100 price was a very limited Black Friday period special of both limited duration and number of units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back