The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 4, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #15,121 of 35,332
I'm not sure how you're going to cross ship a $57 headphone for less than the $5 in taxes you'd be saving... Does UPS really need that money more than the public schools?  lol

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #15,122 of 35,332
:p 

EyuiOL-8ff.jpg

Careful, there. I'll have to send Harry Hart after ya', mr bad guy

:p

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #15,123 of 35,332
How does the CAL stack up against other headphones? Does it offer the same value as say the PM3? This is an apples to orange but would the price of the CAL be the same value as the PM3's sound to price? Or does the CAL make the PM3 have diminishing returns? If so how much?

Weird questions I know.

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #15,124 of 35,332
Apparently my ccc is completely wrong, not sure why, usually it's 100% accurate. I deleted the posts.

Camel^3 doesn't seem to account for flash/lightning sales. Also, its limited to Amazon and their 3rd party sellers. So if a seller, say buydig, newegg or sonic Electronix has a massive sale, it will not reflect on camel^3.

I get corrected of better deals often and everyone in this community benefits from it. Cheers!

Go Warriors!

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #15,125 of 35,332
  How does the CAL stack up against other headphones? Does it offer the same value as say the PM3? This is an apples to orange but would the price of the CAL be the same value as the PM3's sound to price? Or does the CAL make the PM3 have diminishing returns? If so how much?

Weird questions I know.

The CAL is built like a cheap plastic toy, but sounds better than the Sennheiser Momentum On-ear.  I guess it depends on how you value those things...

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #15,126 of 35,332
Camel^3 doesn't seem to account for flash/lightning sales. Also, its limited to Amazon and their 3rd party sellers. So if a seller, say buydig, newegg or sonic Electronix has a massive sale, it will not reflect on camel^3.

Amazon has an API for pulling prices. It probably leaves out lightning deals. Amazon probably wants you to go their site to find out about them.

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #15,127 of 35,332

The CAL is built like a cheap plastic toy, but sounds better than the Sennheiser Momentum On-ear.  I guess it depends on how you value those things...

Next question I guess is how fragile is it? Would it be ok for traveling or is this a stationary for home or office use? I guess at $50 and better than the Momentum on-ear is enough to warrant the price for a cheap build, long as it's not gonna fall apart.

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #15,128 of 35,332
Woot has a mix of MEElectronic bluetooth and wired IEMs and headphones on sale: http://electronics.woot.com/plus/meelectronics-headphones-16

Perhaps someone else who knows their stuff better than I can comment on which are the good deals.

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #15,129 of 35,332
Polk Audio 4 Shot Xbox One Gaming Headset for $39.99 at Microsoft Store.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Polk-Audio-4-Shot-Xbox-One-Gaming-Headset-Black/productID.292048600

CCC lists lowest price on Amazon at $59.99.

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #15,130 of 35,332

Next question I guess is how fragile is it? Would it be ok for traveling or is this a stationary for home or office use? I guess at $50 and better than the Momentum on-ear is enough to warrant the price for a cheap build, long as it's not gonna fall apart.

I would be very wary about, for example, throwing it into a bag and taking it somewhere.  It feels very flimsy and I wouldn't recommend it.  For desk use, it should hold up well enough.

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #15,131 of 35,332

I would be very wary about, for example, throwing it into a bag and taking it somewhere.  It feels very flimsy and I wouldn't recommend it.  For desk use, it should hold up well enough.

Hmm..that's a deal breaker. I need a recommendation for an inexpensive headphone that seals decently for under $75 and good for travel with a decent sound. IEMs are out, just headphones.

Jun 4, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #15,132 of 35,332
Polk Audio 4 Shot Xbox One Gaming Headset for $39.99 at Microsoft Store.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Polk-Audio-4-Shot-Xbox-One-Gaming-Headset-Black/productID.292048600

CCC lists lowest price on Amazon at $59.99.

Just ordered this as apparently it comes with both the xbox headset adapter made by MS, and it either comes with, or Polk will mail you a nice boom mic to make up for the bad built in mic, which is comparable to the boom pro from VModa which I needed to get anyway. I figured I would spend $10 more and get the adapter and headset, that apparently sounds pretty good, in addition to the cost of the VModa boom pro.

Jun 4, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #15,133 of 35,332

Hmm..that's a deal breaker. I need a recommendation for an inexpensive headphone that seals decently for under $75 and good for travel with a decent sound. IEMs are out, just headphones.

That ONKYO that was on Woot recently would have been a good option. It will probably show up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back