The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 27, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #5,822 of 35,342
Went for them, do I need these? Do I need any more gear? To paraphrase the great Tina Turner(which I have done a number of times,sorry),"What's need got to do with it?"

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #5,823 of 35,342
Buy the Green one, spray paint it black, save ~$30.   
wink_face.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #5,827 of 35,342
M-Audio has some great speakers. The AV30's are $80 on Amazon right now and they really cannot be beat at that price IMO.

Thanks, phillyd.  I'll have a look now.  I did a ton of reading yesterday getting educated on these systems.  I'm fairly confident I want a 2.1 to provide a sub so my 15-yr old can get his fix of bass.  Somewhat narrowed down to either the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 or the Swan M50W (double the price but looks to be much better quality and way more flexibility to set it up differently...other inputs, etc...).  Dang this is tough...

This place is gonna leave me broke 
biggrin.gif

Sam

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #5,829 of 35,342

Thanks, phillyd.  I'll have a look now.  I did a ton of reading yesterday getting educated on these systems.  I'm fairly confident I want a 2.1 to provide a sub so my 15-yr old can get his fix of bass.  Somewhat narrowed down to either the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 or the Swan M50W (double the price but looks to be much better quality and way more flexibility to set it up differently...other inputs, etc...).  Dang this is tough...

This place is gonna leave me broke 
biggrin.gif

Sam

please, please, please do yourself a favor and get a real setup (i.e., not driven speakers). the sound is SO much better with separate amp+speakers, and you can always add a preamp/sub or upgrade the amp/speakers later on.

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #5,830 of 35,342

please, please, please do yourself a favor and get a real setup (i.e., not driven speakers). the sound is SO much better with separate amp+speakers, and you can always add a preamp/sub or upgrade the amp/speakers later on.

Ya guys are killin' me....LOL.  So this is a setup that's just for the iMac in my wife's computer room that happens to be just off the kitchen where I spend a fair amount of time.  Mostly, I'll jam with the cans on since she doesn't do well with the louder stuff and perhaps some of my music choices. 

I was thinking of perhaps getting the Audioengine D3 or the Dragonfly for the Mac or my Mac Air, but was thinking the the Swan M50W's would be Pee-lenty of sound for that small room (think small computer room that shares the pantry (dry food stuffs) and then continues on to our small laundry room w/ spare refrigerator.  Call it a room that's 8ft by 8ft or something like that.  It's not my primary audio system.

Am I missing something here?  I'm not hardcore like a lot of you guys I'm learning from.

Sam

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #5,831 of 35,342
  Am I missing something here?  I'm not hardcore like a lot of you guys I'm learning from.

Sam

There's nothing wrong with what you're buying/trying to accomplish. Some people are just under the opinion that having a fully modular set instead of a all-in-one type deal is the superior option. It all comes down to if you think you're going to be happy with what you get or you're going to want to go upgrade crazy. 

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #5,832 of 35,342
Ya guys are killin' me....LOL.  So this is a setup that's just for the iMac in my wife's computer room that happens to be just off the kitchen where I spend a fair amount of time.  Mostly, I'll jam with the cans on since she doesn't do well with the louder stuff and perhaps some of my music choices. 

I was thinking of perhaps getting the Audioengine D3 or the Dragonfly for the Mac or my Mac Air, but was thinking the the Swan M50W's would be Pee-lenty of sound for that small room (think small computer room that shares the pantry (dry food stuffs) and then continues on to our small laundry room w/ spare refrigerator.  Call it a room that's 8ft by 8ft or something like that.  It's not my primary audio system.

Sam

Take a look at HERE. Great advice that worked out for me.

E: ZeosPantera also has one where if you already have a 2.0/2.1 and want to go 5.1/7.1 LINK

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #5,833 of 35,342
Well Klipsch Pro media aren't bad honestly, they're damn near unbeatable at $100. If you want a very cheap set of good looking speakers that sound pretty good for the money, I'd look into Arion Eagle Tech.

They have a couple other models http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001LDMH4C?pc_redir=1403767934&robot_redir=1

But they were going for $37 on Amazon the other day and I almost purchased another for ****s and giggles. They sound far better than any other $50 speaker system.

I'm pretty sure the company is called AlienVibes now, so I'm looking forward to checking out their new models.

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #5,835 of 35,342
1+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back