The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 26, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #5,806 of 35,345
  Seems like a good deal on the E18.

After reading some reviews, however, I walk away not wanting to get it.

Seems like SQ isn't as good as some of FiiO's other offerings.

I don't know if anything has changed since the initial reviews, but I get the impression from the reviews that the E17 sounds better.

But it seems like a good deal for anyone wanting an E18.

Advantages of the E18 over the E17:  it works with Android devices, it has a built-in battery for running itself (so it doesn't drain your phone's battery), and it can be used to charge your phone as an external charger in a pinch.

Not sure about SQ since the E17 doesn't even work for my phone so I never even bothered reading comparisons.

Jun 26, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #5,808 of 35,345
Really? That's good news and bad news for me. I want more detail in my music. I crave more clarity. Like an addiction. I upgrade my phone every few months and can tell you my HTC One m8 sounds better than any phone I've ever had including my iPhones. So an amp wouldn't be night and day difference with my iems?

Jun 26, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #5,811 of 35,345
I have an HTC One m8 and use only iems like eph 100, etymotic hf5, re-400, tdk ba-200. Should I get that fiio e18 or would the difference not be worth 119$?

I've had the RE400 and now have the HF5. If clarity is what you seek without breaking the bank I would highly recommend you audition a set of Creative Aurvana 3 In-Ear. Compared to the HF5, the CA3 lifts a veil from the sound. It has mids that resemble a Shure IEM and clarity/speed similar to an SE425 (according to another member). They can be had at Amazon for around $80 which is an absolute steal. Sometimes they go on sale at $65 but I haven't seen that since early 2014.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #5,812 of 35,345
Don't know if this counts as a deal since it's an auction, but I've never seen these bass kings going for so little.. Only up for auction for another day and some change, currently going for $104.50+$16 shipping in this auction, the JVC SZ2000 (NEW).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-JVC-Real-Sound-HA-SZ2000-/121370476731?

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #5,813 of 35,345
Really? That's good news and bad news for me. I want more detail in my music. I crave more clarity. Like an addiction. I upgrade my phone every few months and can tell you my HTC One m8 sounds better than any phone I've ever had including my iPhones. So an amp wouldn't be night and day difference with my iems?

For clarity and detail try a USB OTG cable to a HRT Microstreamer. You'll likely need the USB Audio Player Pro app too (on most phones an Android issue prevents other players from controling the volume of a USB amp/DAC).

I have the BA200 and can try them with my HTC One M7 & Microstreamer if you would like.

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #5,814 of 35,345
The Swan M10's look like great value for money.  They only thing that worries me is that I've seen several reviews that indicate white noise (a hiss) and very clearly picking up a radio station (country, PBS, whatever) due to poor wires.  Interestingly, the reviewer either has that effect or they do not.  those that don't, love them.   Dang...I really like these as an option.

Sam

M-Audio has some great speakers. The AV30's are $80 on Amazon right now and they really cannot be beat at that price IMO.

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #5,815 of 35,345
I'm pretty sure this is a good deal, don't know if anyone has posted... They are $200 MSRP, and they are around $150 on Amazon after going back up in price. Get you a pair!

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Yamaha-HPH-200BL-Professional-Stereo-Headphones-sheet-music/19725303

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #5,816 of 35,345

For clarity and detail try a USB OTG cable to a HRT Microstreamer. You'll likely need the USB Audio Player Pro app too (on most phones an Android issue prevents other players from controling the volume of a USB amp/DAC).

I have the BA200 and can try them with my HTC One M7 & Microstreamer if you would like.

A USB DAC/amp could be a good possibility. But research both the compatibility of your phone model and specific DAC/amps before buying. Not only some Android phones do not support USB audio, but some DAC/amps do not work properly with it and require that USB Audio Player Pro app instead of working with all audio on your phone (instead of your regular music player).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back