The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Mar 7, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #3,331 of 35,346
  I doubt it. If they actually catch the error before shipping they'll likely just refund the purchase like most of the Beyerdynamic DT250 pricing error buyers a long time ago. The only people that got the product at the price were people that bought it immediately and had it shipped before amazon caught the error. 

Well mine shipped few weeks later but I still got one.  Here's what I learned from amazon price error.  If you have multiple accounts, use both accounts.  If you only have one account(I doubt it), don't order multiple items at once.  Order one, then order another, and etc.  

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #3,332 of 35,346
I still wonder if the $889 HD800 was a pricing error or just getting rid of slow moving, excess inventory near end of year. Found out later that the headphone I got was about 3000 serial numbers behind the current production, so it's been sitting in their warehouse for a while. Great price obviously, but Amazon was probably still making a couple hundred dollar off each. Only Sennheiser was butthurt over the pricing since they're so strict on it, but it's not like they can abandon Amazon as a vendor.

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #3,333 of 35,346
  I still wonder if the $889 HD800 was a pricing error or just getting rid of slow moving, excess inventory near end of year. Found out later that the headphone I got was about 3000 serial numbers behind the current production, so it's been sitting in their warehouse for a while. Great price obviously, but Amazon was probably still making a couple hundred dollar off each. Only Sennheiser was butthurt over the pricing since they're so strict on it, but it's not like they can abandon Amazon as a vendor.

At least I got T1 for 750.  ^__________________^

Mar 8, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #3,335 of 35,346

If I understand correctly it only lasted like 40 minutes so whatever it was, it was amazon burning money wastefully. Even if they needed to get rid of inventory they could have done so in a day by setting the price at like 1299.

Mar 8, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #3,336 of 35,346
If I understand correctly it only lasted like 40 minutes so whatever it was, it was amazon burning money wastefully. Even if they needed to get rid of inventory they could have done so in a day by setting the price at like 1299.

Nah it was $1350 standard from all vendors during the holiday season. $50 wouldn't have made a difference. Plus even with Razor dog selling their remaining stock for $1200, it's going nothing like the Amazon sale. $1000 would have probably yielded similar results.

Mar 8, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #3,337 of 35,346
Nah it was $1350 standard from all vendors during the holiday season. $50 wouldn't have made a difference. Plus even with Razor dog selling their remaining stock for $1200, it's going nothing like the Amazon sale. $1000 would have probably yielded similar results.

I'm guessing tons of HD800 buyers don't know about the crazy razordog code, and he probably can't advertise it widely otherwise he'll get into trouble. If you look, even Crutchfield sells out constantly and they're selling refurb models for $1,100 (although to be fair they're just like a new HD800 for all practical purposes, setting aside that "I don't want to buy an icky used can' notion)

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jm2ggLCwTk7/p_143HD800R/Sennheiser-HD-800-Factory-Refurbished.html out of stock again. although when buying mine I asked and they said they usually fill orders in a week or two.

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #3,338 of 35,346
I'm guessing tons of HD800 buyers don't know about the crazy razordog code, and he probably can't advertise it widely otherwise he'll get into trouble. If you look, even Crutchfield sells out constantly and they're selling refurb models for $1,100 (although to be fair they're just like a new HD800 for all practical purposes, setting aside that "I don't want to buy an icky used can' notion)

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jm2ggLCwTk7/p_143HD800R/Sennheiser-HD-800-Factory-Refurbished.html out of stock again. although when buying mine I asked and they said they usually fill orders in a week or two.

I bought an icky used can... And I'm still alive :wink:

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #3,339 of 35,346
I bought an icky used can... And I'm still alive
wink.gif

Yes, but the priest was at your bedside...

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #3,341 of 35,346

Yes--and awareness of Razordog and their reach into the potential market are both just a bit below that of Amazon.

Mar 8, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #3,343 of 35,346
Talk about icky - an electric earwax remover for $9.99 - normally $79 or something...

http://1sale.com/fashion/other/cordless-earwax-remover/

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #3,345 of 35,346

Do some people have so much ear wax that they need to use what is essentially a vacuum cleaner to suction it out?

My kids seem to have more wax than I do by far - I think as you age, wax becomes less of an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back