The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 7, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #23,162 of 35,333
  DEAD now.

At this moment Amazon by Amazon has the 1More Tripledriver Black/Gold at $60 matching the Costco Member Price.  You can purchase now but they will not be in stock until the 13th*.

*Note, when I posted it said arrival date was the 12th, then the 13th, now the 14th. Perhaps "
Luca Bignardi’s heartfelt tuning" is taking longer than expected :wink: 

I don't see it anymore.....kind of glad since I really shouldn't be spending money right now lol.

But that is a good price especially since you don't need Costsco Member price or get charged a surcharge.

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #23,163 of 35,333
Price now $92 on Amazon, good from my perspective as well!

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #23,164 of 35,333
KEF M200 is currently selling for $79.52 on Amazon Lightning Deals.

Jan 8, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #23,168 of 35,333
I noticed something strange on the Amazon page for the 1More Triple Driver. If you look at the reviews and sort them by most recent, nearly all the new reviews are one-star. Most complain about driver failure and build issues and a couple say they received a different earphone.

Edit: I must have accidentally sorted by only one-star reviews. I just checked and they're much more spread out, but the number build complaints is still quite high. And the deal is dead again.

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #23,169 of 35,333
I noticed something strange on the Amazon page for the 1More Triple Driver. If you look at the reviews and sort them by most recent, nearly all the new reviews are one-star. Most complain about driver failure and build issues and a couple say they received a different earphone.

Edit: I must have accidentally sorted by only one-star reviews. I just checked and they're much more spread out, but the number build complaints is still quite high. And the deal is dead again.

Amazon reviews cannot be trusted anymore.
Too much fake reviews.

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #23,170 of 35,333
I normally use reviewmeta or fakespot to analyze the reviews on amazon before I buy something. Its amazing how different some ratings are after taking out the fake and incentivized reviews.

https://reviewmeta.com/

http://fakespot.com/

The 1more triples seem to have genuine reviews at least. Though it appears recently theres a scammer who's sending fake merch to the warehouses and amazon is distributing it unknowingly. I got a set from both amazon and costco about 2-3 months ago and both arrived without any problems.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #23,171 of 35,333

Amazon reviews cannot be trusted anymore.
Too much fake reviews.

I don't think negative reviews are fake. I trust them way more than positive ones. 

Jan 8, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #23,172 of 35,333
Most of you will turn up your nose at my recommendation to try the JBL S500 Chrome ones available on the JBL website for $100. It would be the worst mistake in audio you will ever make. My JBLs rival and sometimes surpass my Beyerdynamic T90s. Yes, you read that right. The JBLs were made to sell for $349 and they didn't move so JBL is dumping them. What have you got to lose. Return postage is free. I am ordering my second pair as we speak. One word of caution. There is a battery powered expansion circuit cover that twists off to put the batteries in. If you put it on upside down you will play hell getting it off. I ruined my cover (scratches) but finally got it off. If you don't take another suggestion from someone to buy a piece of audio gear, take this one.

Jan 8, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #23,173 of 35,333
  Most of you will turn up your nose at my recommendation to try the JBL S500 Chrome ones available on the JBL website for $100. It would be the worst mistake in audio you will ever make. My JBLs rival and sometimes surpass my Beyerdynamic T90s. Yes, you read that right. The JBLs were made to sell for $349 and they didn't move so JBL is dumping them. What have you got to lose. Return postage is free. I am ordering my second pair as we speak. One word of caution. There is a battery powered expansion circuit cover that twists off to put the batteries in. If you put it on upside down you will play hell getting it off. I ruined my cover (scratches) but finally got it off. If you don't take another suggestion from someone to buy a piece of audio gear, take this one.

Noticed the black version is $77.95 on Amazon. 

Jan 8, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #23,174 of 35,333

Noticed the black version is $77.95 on Amazon. 

Link for Black/Slate Version

Various colors of the S500 have been at about this price for over a year...but $100 is low for the chrome ones.

While they are quite well built, they sound and fit absolutely nothing like the T90s either with the JBL live sound DSP on or off. To my ears they are no-where near as detailed, nor as comfortable.

They sound and feel a lot like the Philips A5-Pro DJ phones to me (got some on the recent $80 deal for them). Solid clamp, good isolation, DJ styling, Dense not airy sound.  Both on Amazon and eBay JBL S500s are available used or refurbished in black for $55-70.

Bet the chrome look nice!   The top of series S700 which feature cast metal cups and rechargeable batteries are $128 on eBay.   I do not think they sound much different but are even better built.

Jan 8, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #23,175 of 35,333

What's funny is that I pulled out my S500 (white & chrome, which is beautiful!) last night randomly because I hadn't listened to them in a while and I enjoyed them immensely again.   With the DSP on, it reminds me more of speaker sound, which is what I know they were aiming for.   The main reason I don't use them more is I really prefer open headphones unless I am somewhere it isn't proper to leak sound out, and the S500 unfortunately does leak rather a non-trivial amount for a "closed" headphone -- not as much as my open cans, but still noticeable.  

Nonetheless, they are quite good headphones and I, like you, am surprised they don't get more attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back