The Darkvoice/La Figaro 332C and 332S Impressions/Discussion Thread
Jan 5, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #46 of 454
I've posted this in the DV332 thread... I forgot about this thread...
frown.gif
So sorry for two posts...

I will be buying the La Figaro 332C soon, and now I have some questions about tubes....

I will get two pairs of tubes with the amp, (not the stock ones..). I will get one pair of "NOS Svetlana 6S19-V" power tubes (I think they will be good), and then I get one pair of "NOS Philips ECG 5654W" driver tubes...

Are the driver tubes good ? And I know different tubes are good at different types of music and stuff... So, are these good if you listen to rock music, like for example music from the band "Kings Of Leon" ? Or should I get others for that ? I don't like it when the highs are harsh...

It would be great if you could link to where I can buy the tubes you advice about (if you do..). It would be great if it was in Europe (even better in Sweden), but it doesn't have to...

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #47 of 454
NVM my previous post (Godkin answered)...

I was just wondering if anyone has bought a La Figaro amp yet ? i really wanna know how it compares to the Darkvoice amps....

Jan 6, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #48 of 454
I just ordered a 332s from Yuking09 today. They expect to have the first batch of these amps put together by the 10th. But I don't have a Darkvoice to compare it with. I doubt there will be anyone who invests in both a Darkvoice 3322 and a Figaro 332s (or 332c and 332 classic) just for the sake of directly comparing these '2 egg twins' from both brands.

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #49 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by arie123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered a 332s from Yuking09 today. They expect to have the first batch of these amps put together by the 10th. But I don't have a Darkvoice to compare it with. I doubt there will be anyone who invests in both a Darkvoice 3322 and a Figaro 332s (or 332c and 332 classic) just for the sake of directly comparing these '2 egg twins' from both brands.

That's strange, I was told a while ago the amps are ready. They just need until mid January to finish the packaging. Yesterday I saw boyier was selling them already so I sent them an email. I have yet to hear back from him
frown.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #50 of 454
Perhaps they meant that the total production *including* packaging will take until the tenth. Whatever, I'm really eager to get my 332s!

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #51 of 454
I wonder how 332C compares to Little dot mk IV....

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #52 of 454
It would be great if someone made a review of one of the La Figaro amps... Or even all amps and compare.... It would be even better if the person has owned/heard the Darkvoice amps, so he can compare between those too...
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #53 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be great if someone made a review of one of the La Figaro amps... Or even all amps and compare.... It would be even better if the person has owned/heard the Darkvoice amps, so he can compare between those too...
bigsmile_face.gif

I've sold my 336i already to a member for funds towards this amp but I still remember the feel of it, and would be happy to do a small review comparing the two. Look's like I'll have to get a better source too, this amp deserves one
tongue_smile.gif
(or so I hope)

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #54 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaspirit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've sold my 336i already to a member for funds towards this amp but I still remember the feel of it, and would be happy to do a small review comparing the two. Look's like I'll have to get a better source too, this amp deserves one
tongue_smile.gif
(or so I hope)

That's good !

I will be getting a new DAC for this amp too... I've asked about it in the source section on this forum, but I haven't gotten an answer yet... Can someone give a tip for a DAC ? Maximum budget, 400$... It most have an optical input.

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #55 of 454
Quote:

That's good !

I will be getting a new DAC for this amp too... I've asked about it in the source section on this forum, but I haven't gotten an answer yet... Can someone give a tip for a DAC ? Maximum budget, 400$... It most have an optical input.

Dacmagic, I like mine alot. It's easily one of the most recommended dac around this price range on this forum.

Edit: I remember seeing some in the buy and sell section for around $350 or so.

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #56 of 454
Quote:

Dacmagic, I like mine alot. It's easily one of the most recommended dac around this price range on this forum.

Edit: I remember seeing some in the buy and sell section for around $350 or so.

Thanks !

Yeah I think I will go with the Dacmagic... I've heard a lot about it, plus I can get it from a local dealer here in Sweden....

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #57 of 454
Quote:

Thanks !

Yeah I think I will go with the Dacmagic... I've heard a lot about it, plus I can get it from a local dealer here in Sweden....

I'd go with the Audio-GD DAC19MK3. Most everybody that has compared it with the DacMagic says it blows it out of the water.

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #58 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd go with the Audio-GD DAC19MK3. Most everybody that has compared it with the DacMagic says it blows it out of the water.

Alot of posters here like this dac alot, it's what I will be upgrading to, but does not help the op who has a budget of $400.

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #59 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah maybe... But I will not buy the DAC at the moment anyways, I have to save some money first... I will be reading more about DACs... But don't wanna buy outside EU... Import duties are insane... (Especially here in Sweden), and I can't buy Audio-gd here... But I can get Dacmagic by a local dealer... Plus if something is wrong with it, I don't have to send all way back to Asia...

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #60 of 454
Quote:

Alot of posters here like this dac alot, it's what I will be upgrading to, but does not help the op who has a budget of $400.

The price of the DAC is $430, so he could get it used for much less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back