The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Aug 28, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #3,137 of 5,999
I feel slightly guilty for missing the chance to try them a few weeks back, especially since I was pretty excited about it since the beginning. Kind of wondering what kind of monster we helped in creating.

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #3,138 of 5,999
Quote:
Addicted to Audio has them listed here in Oz. Not sure if they have any in stock though....Price is relatively good compared to buying from Centrance themselves.. 

Yeah on pre order for septemberish. and true the price is not so bad from Addicted to Audio. Considering the express postage is free.
I love new toys!!!

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #3,139 of 5,999
Quote:
Hi Michael, thanks for the reply. The cable would be a DIY adapter that I would make here at home. A 4 pin male XLR on the M8 side, the other end would be two RCA connectors. This would allow me to use the M8 as DAC/pre-amp to my desktop tube amp (Decware Taboo mkIII).

The two ground signals in the cable would still be separated but the other amp shares a common ground signal, so effectively "shorting" the M8's grounds together at the tube amp's input. Just making sure this wouldn't damage the M8. Thanks again for answering!

And of course a standard 1/8 mini male to RCA cable would do exactly the same job, but I just have to be difficult.
wink.gif

You should be fine. If any issues, please let me know by PM.

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #3,140 of 5,999
Quote:

I'm really excited and waiting mine to arrive, not to mention there are tons of people like me 
biggrin.gif

btw I ordered it from TTVJ audio. Are they receiving units from Centrance now? 

Every dealer is on a very strict allocation now, while we are building more. I don't know the exact stats on that, others are managing the cue. This will get resolved.

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #3,142 of 5,999
Quote:
Sounds like an awesome product. Glad to hear that the mad dogs sound good through the HiFi M8. Definitely going to make the purchase now. Love my mad dogs and am looking forward to my new toy to drive them with. I will be using it mainly via usb for lossless tracks. I was just wondering if the idevice version will work with a rockboxed ipod or will it only work with the ios? Do you or anyone on this thread know the answer to this?

Thanks in advance for any replies/answers:)

while on ios only I believe

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #3,144 of 5,999
Quote:
My HiFi-M8 has landed!!

VERY early impressions:

Techy jargon and ALL aside - this thing F____IN ROCKS.

I'm listening to Alix Perez Chroma Chords album through my Mad Dogs (balanced out from the HiFi-M8,
running as USB DAC/headphone amplifier - and wow the dynamic slam is infectious!!!!

It's open, airy, with a clarity in the midrange that I've come to expect from CEntrance!!

now onto the Impressions thread!

DAMN,
this is awesome.  This means SO much to me, as CEntrance was the last company I worked for before
I went out on my own, and they're such a great team of good-hearted, dedicated people.

Please test it with your JH13, do you hear any noise (without connecting TRANSPORT)??

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #3,145 of 5,999
Quote:
Same here, and I'm also wondering about the 24/96 fix, or rather the ability to upgrade M8s to 24/96 without mailing it to the factory, which is supposed to be the real problem. Michael had a blog entry two weeks ago that said they're very close to fixing it (http://centrance.com/products/new/blog/2013/08/12/update-on-2496/), but nothing since.

We are now building units with latest firmware code, which allows in-field reprogramming. This means that when the 24/96 features finally drops, we will send you a download link and you will be able to download and upgrade the M8 yourself. Our software guys are currently on vacation and/or sick with a flu, so it's hard for me to give you a timeline, but probably in October. Don't hold me to that though. We are working hard on that, but supporting both old iDevices and new iDevices is one herculean task. All other products support either old or new iDevices, not both.

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #3,148 of 5,999
Quote:
Please test it with your JH13, do you hear any noise (without connecting TRANSPORT)??

I just got a Moon Audio Silver Dragon iem cable for my Jh13's which makes them even more sensitive. I hear a very faint hiss at about the 3 o'clock position on 11 ohm position.

@ 1 ohm nothing at all. @ 2ohm very, very, very, very faint hiss after 3 o'clock.

unless one is deaf (I'm guessing here), hiss on the M8 is no problem in real world uses. 

I use the jh13 at the 2ohm position, and lowest output power position...I barely started playing with the bass and treble switch, it's very nice to have!

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #3,149 of 5,999
Quote:
I just got a Moon Audio Silver Dragon iem cable for my Jh13's which makes them even more sensitive. I hear a very faint hiss at about the 3 o'clock position on 11 ohm position.

@ 1 ohm nothing at all. @ 2ohm very, very, very, very faint hiss after 3 o'clock.

unless one is deaf (I'm guessing here), hiss on the M8 is no problem in real world uses. 

I use the jh13 at the 2ohm position, and lowest output power position...I barely started playing with the bass and treble switch, it's very nice to have!

This is confirms that the problem is only in my device what gives me a hope because I'm already addicted.

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #3,150 of 5,999
Listening to the HiFi-M8 all day is pumping me up. It's exciting to listen to.
I'm crate-digging as the results of its SWEET harmonics.

You won't regret it!!!!
[/quote]

Hi,

If you were listening to it without AC power plugged in, can you tell me what sort of real world hours were you getting? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back