The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Aug 16, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #31 of 2,420
  I have also bought one C5 few days ago from Taobao and will be delivered tomorrow.
It cost RMB $858 + RMB $18 for shipping fee, that is around US $142

Good to see Dsnuts with his amazing first impression and I am quite looking forward to listening to this amp.

@benson6882004 can you share the taobao link you've bought your C5? thanks!

Aug 16, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #33 of 2,420
  I'm very interested, but will it make a big difference with a cmoybb from jdslab ( i use a fostex T50RP or some iem  kef M200, TTPOD E1.... ) ? i would like to know if you can listen to it while charging? Also i don't find any information about the C5 on  http://cayin.com/?product_cat=headphone-amplifier&lang=en that is strange only C6 is mentioned.
Thanks

It is very new. Came out less than a month ago when I was browsing on ebay I saw it and the design caught my attention. I am very confident this amp will be a significant step up from your cmoys. I just plugged in the charger while it is playing. Charges while playing.. This player will have no issues driving anything you own. Don't have the ones you own to try but I am confident it will sound great using everything you have.

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #36 of 2,420
My most sensitive earphone is my Zero Audio Doppios. A dual BA earphone. 12 Ohms. I tested it out last night and while the synergy using the C5 is not the best as the ICAN is still the best match for the Doppios. It had zero noise in any of the tracks I heard. Dead silent in between and during track progression. I was a bit tired last night as I stayed up extra late because of this amp but I will be sure to test it out again. All the earphones I tested it with had zero back ground noise. FX850, XBA-H3, CKR-9, Doppios. That is impressive for how powerful this amp is.

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #37 of 2,420
What other amps do you believe this one compares to? How do you like it compared to the current ones you have?

Aug 16, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #38 of 2,420
It is comparable to both my 2Stepdance and ICAN. The sound reminds me more of my ICAN than the 2Step but it is at that level. If you guys do some reading on the ICAN micro it is a highly regarded amplifier and the number one rated here at headfi. One of the best hardware purchases for me and when I bought this C5 I wanted something comparable in sound ability but something I can use on the go as the Micro ICAN is a desktop amp.

The C5 I got last night on sound alone is every bit as detailed and spacious as my ICAN. Which cost roughly $100 more than this C5. So this makes for an easy recommend..I find it just as musical as the Amp section of my NFB-5 as well using the moon opa. The 2Stepdance still has the overall edge in sheer width of sound and separation but lacks the layering of sound on the C5, The C5 to my ears is more 3D as well is the ICAN.. The 2Stepdance is one of Meier Audios Cordas best portable amps. This was the amp that showed me just how great a portable amps can sound.

I get just as much if not more satisfaction with this C5 easily but again substantially cheaper..There will be more impressions of the C5 real soon and I do look forward to what others have to say about this amp.

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #40 of 2,420
  It is comparable to both my 2Stepdance and ICAN. The sound reminds me more of my ICAN than the 2Step but it is at that level. If you guys do some reading on the ICAN micro it is a highly regarded amplifier and the number one rated here at headfi. One of the best hardware purchases for me and when I bought this C5 I wanted something comparable in sound ability but something I can use on the go as the Micro ICAN is a desktop amp.

The C5 I got last night on sound alone is every bit as detailed and spacious as my ICAN. Which cost roughly $100 more than this C5. So this makes for an easy recommend..I find it just as musical as the Amp section of my NFB-5 as well using the moon opa. The 2Stepdance still has the overall edge in sheer width of sound and separation but lacks the layering of sound on the C5, The C5 to my ears is more 3D as well is the ICAN.. The 2Stepdance is one of Meier Audios Cordas best portable amps. This was the amp that showed me just how great a portable amps can sound.

I get just as much if not more satisfaction with this C5 easily but again substantially cheaper..There will be more impressions of the C5 real soon and I do look forward to what others have to say about this amp.

So sound quality is top notch with these. You also said that the C5 provides more power and juice than those two amps, correct?

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #42 of 2,420
At the bottom of this link here ,in the last 3 posts you will find 3 links, one to a very well rounded impression also, similar to Dsnuts if I recall ( been a bit since I read it don't want to torture myself
evil_smiley.gif
). Check out the cans this guy is testing with also should help with further inquiries.
 Obviously there's the translation barrier.
Be warned it is a dangerous read, must forget.
wink.gif

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.erji.hk/read.php%3Ftid%3D1688888%26page%3De&prev=/search%3Fq%3DCayin%2BC5%26start%3D10%26client%3Dubuntu%26hs%3DobG%26sa%3DN%26channel%3Dfs%26biw%3D1920%26bih%3D876

enjoy

Aug 16, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #43 of 2,420

Kay portable portable amp sound a little feel C5

After listening to a few days C5, to talk about feelings, front 5s and earplugs IE8i, first appearance of this machine looks champagne matte texture, much better than the C6 technology, but also very thin, but overall there are two quite convenient place One is the power switch is tight, especially bundled 5s will be blocked after the switch a little less smooth, use a lot of effort to rotate to open, and the next two are bass gain is not very good opening and closing, did not always feel for the position, there is a little bit crooked, the rest are okay. I use 5s bundled voice and Direct Push to compare the test track is often heard in the recent few albums, when the test machine BASS closed, GAIN has been open H, "Bach concertos-Hilary Hahn" "Dream of Red Mansions soundtrack" "Dou Wei - Mountain river "" Metallica "" Megadeth-Endgame "" Frost Eve - polar night "" Jonny Lang-fight for my soul "there is an unknown violin and piano ensemble, Direct Push is always felt in front of a layer of fog, resulting in a small voice whispered field, the sound suddenly after bundling C5, piano clearer and more clean vocals as if to sing into your bones, electric guitar bass and drums to create a sense of warm ambiance, let me hear some addictive.

23_76210_206f2a9e446a01a.jpg

23_76210_47795befb749959.jpg

23_76210_ed0683406fda6a9.jpg

23_76210_a88a8e313588f1c.jpg

23_76210_ec0acf60084d53f.jpg

23_76210_fcac60aedf36209.jpg

23_76210_2876966b61006ef.jpg

Thanks for the link nick. Basically what this guys says in bold. Cleaner. full bore vocal dynamics, I suppose sing into your bones would be better translated as "send shivers up my spine" Lol. That is not too far from my own experience. I have my C5 hooked up to my burn station. Yes the same burn station where I burn in my earphones and headphones. This time to burn in my 3 amps I recently required. The C5 the E11K and a little unknown $30 amp called Lines 970.

Aug 16, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #45 of 2,420
Ugh I tried to read that, and my head hurts afterwards. Those google translates are painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back