The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Jun 30, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #7,727 of 12,548
Yes. I'm not touching the 2nd part of that. lol

E: Ok I'll answer w/ my perspective. I've reached the point where $700 is acceptable for me. If you asked me last year, it was around $400-500. But diminishing returns rears it's ugly head. I think I would've gone with just the T1s if I haven't heard the T90s. The T90s are seriously 90% of the way there. The signature and performance is very close. The extra $200-500 gets you a better/bigger soundstage. But I think if I found a way to angled the T90 drivers, I would get similar results. That's why I'm content with keeping the T90s and selling the T1. BUT... I can't guarantee that I won't rebuy the T1 if I find someone to buy the T90s. :wink:

Jun 30, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #7,730 of 12,548
 I'am tempted to get the T1 (because it's on sale CAD $999.99)only thing is i can't find a place/store in my area(GTA) to let me audition the T1 before i purchase it.For that amount of $$$$ i don't want to just buy it then sell it afterwards if i don't like it for less than what i paid for that is a waste of time and money for me.I got lots of TIME but not much MONEY.
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #7,731 of 12,548
Is there anyone who can buy and reship from the US? It's going for around $700USD pretty often. Have them claim a lower value to avoid duties..... :wink: Even after shipping, you're spending waaay less than $1K

E: TBH, going from 880 to T90s is night and day as well. Just not as much but still a good jump. If that's your limit, I would suggest it. It's under $400 on amazon for a warehouse "used".

E2: Oh, I sold my pair of T1s for 625 shipped, within CONUS. For comparison sakes.

Jun 30, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #7,732 of 12,548
Is there anyone who can buy and reship from the US? It's going for around $700USD pretty often. Have them claim a lower value to avoid duties.....
wink.gif
Even after shipping, you're spending waaay less than $1K

E: TBH, going from 880 to T90s is night and day as well. Just not as much but still a good jump. If that's your limit, I would suggest it. It's under $400 on amazon for a warehouse "used".

E2: Oh, I sold my pair of T1s for 625 shipped, within CONUS. For comparison sakes.

Thanks! I will check amazon for used T1.........
beerchug.gif

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #7,737 of 12,548
WHAAAAT...... i did not realized that the T1  does not even have a detachable cable for $$$$ no thanks!Maybe for some people it's not important but for me it is base on my experienced with my A#G Q7#1 i love having a detachable cables.

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #7,738 of 12,548
WHAAAAT...... i did not realized that the T1  does not even have a detachable cable for $$$$ no thanks!Maybe for some people it's not important but for me it is base on my experienced with my A#G Q7#1 i love having a detachable cables.

Beyerdynamic cables are really tough so you don't have to worry about that.

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #7,739 of 12,548
Maybe the cables are tough but they are schiit to work with i don't like how they terminate their cables.Sometimes it's nice to changed your cables for fun even their is not much or no sound changes still fun for me.I actually cut my DT880 cables into half the original length i got so annoyed buy the long cable i tried bundling/braid the cable to make it short but that did not work for me by bundling the cables it makes it feel  like the cable is heavy so i end up cutting it short.Then i tried doing a detachable cable mod for my DT770 and i nearly F up the driver coil they are very sensitive to work with if your not careful you can easily burnt the Driver coils lucky me i managed to reattached it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back