The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Jan 11, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #196 of 12,548
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chinesekiwi said it all a few posts earlier: there is no difference in detail between 880/250 and 880/600 ... the 880/600 is simply the better sounding HP.

Maybe overkill for movies. BTW, as you suggest, I watch movies with my 880/250 and listen to music with my 880/600, but that's because the 880/250 is the HP supported by my beyer Headzone, which does 5.1 DTS and Dolby thru the headphones that will amaze you, using a headtracker (motion tracker) connected to the headband of the 880/250. This has got to be more realistic than the JVC. We're not talking Smyth realism, but for movies it is spot on if you can sit dead center.

Well, that's that. I have my 600ohm 880s on order, now the wait! The main reason for getting the 600 instead of the 250 is for music, so hopefully they will be put to good use.

Unfortunately I will be using the JVC SU-DH1 as both DAC and amp(ish) for a couple of months. But as I am coming from a pair of px100s, hopefully I will still get lots of enjoyment out of them.

When I get the money together, I'm thinking about the Woo Audio 3+, along with a Keces 131 mk2 DAC. Of course I can't expect anybody to have tried this exact combo, but does this seem like combination that could work? It's hard(impossible) to tell what might be too smooth, or what will have nice synergy etc, so thought I would ask.
Other amps I have been looking at include the Little Dot MkIV, as well as the Darkvoice 3322, but I am leaning towards the Woo for some reason. It could be the one that sticks out in all the comments I have read, but maybe it's just it's heft.
dt880smile.png

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #198 of 12,548
Hey all, Im got my first full sized cans on order which are the DT 880 PRO 250 Ohms, Reading this Thread im now interested in the 600 Ohms too but i wanted to check if anyone knows how the cans will work on my current audio interface im using, Its the Focusrite Saffire PRO 40

Many thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #199 of 12,548
Quote:

Originally Posted by iFuNKT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey all, Im got my first full sized cans on order which are the DT 880 PRO 250 Ohms, Reading this Thread im now interested in the 600 Ohms too but i wanted to check if anyone knows how the cans will work on my current audio interface im using, Its the Focusrite Saffire PRO 40

Many thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, I guess I'll be able to provide some degree of feedback in a week or so. I just ordered the DT880/600s, and I have a Saffire Pro 24. The Saffire isn't my long-term plan, but I'm hoping it's good enough to work for a while until I can figure out the next step.

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #200 of 12,548
Folks, couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread - how are your findings in respect of the speed & PRaT section 250 vs 600?

I kind of dislike my typical DT880'250 Beeeeeeyer slowness, but as the complete remainder is fine, I am thinking about applying those other systems that are easely to be organized over here...

Jan 24, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #201 of 12,548
Quote:

Originally Posted by dongringo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I might as well join this thread because I just ordered the DT880/600 Manufaktur today.
smily_headphones1.gif

Great move! Which web site did you use? What special options did you choose? What inscription? What amp will you use?

I hope you are as excited as I am for you!

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #202 of 12,548
Quote:

Great move! Which web site did you use? What special options did you choose? What inscription? What amp will you use?

I hope you are as excited as I am for you!

Thanks! I'm very excited.
icon10.gif

I added black leather headband, some black soft touch connector parts, black velour pads, black yoke, carbon fiber housing, dark blue aluring, etc. I didn't want a ton of eye popping colors, but the blue ring should be a nice touch.

I'll be using the ibasso D4 dac and a tube amp which I'm still looking for. You got any suggestions? So far I'm thinking Audiotailor Jade, Little Dot MKlll, MKlV, or if I absolutely have to I'll spring for the WA6, but really don't want to spend that much. But I read that the WA6 will pair well with low impedance Grados as well as high impedance cans. If so, it would be worth it to me because I would also like an amp that would warm up my RS1i a bit as well as the DT880/600. What do you think? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
wink.gif

EDIT: Sorry, to answer your question, I ordered them straight off the Manufaktur NA site.

Jan 24, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #204 of 12,548
Quote:

Originally Posted by dongringo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be using the ibasso D4 dac and a tube amp which I'm still looking for. You got any suggestions? So far I'm thinking Audiotailor Jade, Little Dot MKlll, MKlV, or if I absolutely have to I'll spring for the WA6, but really don't want to spend that much.

good choices all. not too long ago I asked them same question, and the WA6 was recommended. however, I went with two lower-priced amps instead (see sig) because I wanted two set-ups. of course, in the end it also meant two DT880s :wink:

Jan 24, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #205 of 12,548
Quote:

Originally Posted by melomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good choices all. not too long ago I asked them same question, and the WA6 was recommended. however, I went with two lower-priced amps instead (see sig) because I wanted two set-ups. of course, in the end it also meant two DT880s :wink:

I've decided to spring for the WA6. After all the research, this seems to be the most versatile one and recommended by those who have Denons, Grados and Beyers. I like the idea of a transformer coupled amp that will drive all impedances. Really looking forward to it. Now I just need to sell some stuff to fund it.
L3000.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #206 of 12,548
Just got my 600 ohm on Friday. I am not hearing the dramatic improvement from the 250 ohm that I was primed to hear, but I'll give it another month. I am hearing some increase in bass impact, but not much else. This is of course coming from a position of slight skepticism, given that neither HeadRoom nor TTVJ sell the 600 ohm, and it retails for only slightly more than the 250 ohm.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #208 of 12,548
Quote:

Don -- WA6, great choice. As we discussed in another thread, I heard the Woo - 880/600 pairing at meets, and it is fantastic.

Now I'm not sure. The Mapletree Ear+ HD has been brought to my attention so have to investigate that one. Definitely the hardest decision yet. What a wonderful decision to have to make though.
wink.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #209 of 12,548
Quote:

Priest -- what amp? and did you get MANUFACTUR?

I'm using the A1. I actually thought I had not made that post. I wrote it and determined not to post, because it's too early to make any comments. I really need to give them more time, and will. Guess I hit submit after all.

I did not get Manufaktur, I bought from Amazon. Big mistake? Not enough research on my part?

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #210 of 12,548
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using the A1. I actually thought I had not made that post. I wrote it and determined not to post, because it's too early to make any comments. I really need to give them more time, and will. Guess I hit submit after all.

I did not get Manufaktur, I bought from Amazon. Big mistake? Not enough research on my part?

you most likely bought the 250 ohm version. Which is still very solid and excellent.

apparently, head-fi has a vendetta with the 250 ohm versions and mostly the 600 ohm is the typical preferred choice.

i [size=xx-large]REFUSE[/size] to believe the 600ohm is significantly better than 250ohm, other than the fact that is sounds better on higher quality amps.

got that Andrew_Wot? got that Chinesewiki? got that Zombie_X?

k
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back