The Best IEM For Performance and Price
Oct 2, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #16 of 70
There's an authorised dealer called Bargainpile that sell them for £99. I can only get the Squaretrade Warranty if i get them from Amazon, since i live in England i can't but the warranty from the actual website. It would be £140 with the Warranty slapped on which is basically still cheaper than the EX600.
etysmile.gif

Oct 2, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #17 of 70
If you can get them from an authorized resller for that price I really do recommend them especially with the massive fit kit the new ones come with. I have several IEM's that are in the $90-130 range and none of them hold a candle to the GR07 for me.

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #21 of 70
I'm wanting a universal irm since i listen to music on the tram
And at college, i'm also not into the signature of the sm3 and um3x. By that i mean the small headstage and the unsparkly highs apparently.

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #22 of 70
Unsparkly highs? :p They got the best treble I have ever heard with LOADS of sparkle. Simply unbeatable. Better than this just custom made IEMs and not all.

Since you are at head-fi, I would go read |Joker|'s review for the SM3. ; ) Have a look at dfkt's review at anythingbutipod as well.

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #24 of 70
I recieved my GR07 today and i decided to return them, not enough impact; highs and soundstage. I prefer my 3rd gen ipod earbuds because they have more impact and soundstage. What is the sound signature of the apple earbuds, i like the balance between mids; highs and lows they have and it would be good if you could recommend iems similar in signature to them. Anyone?
ph34r.gif

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #25 of 70
Apple makes some IEMs...

http://www.amazon.com/Apple--ear-Headphones-iPod-White/dp/B001N9YIJG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318032312&sr=8-1

Might want to put on a flak jacket for saying you prefer stock earbuds to high-end IEMs though.
popcorn.gif

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #27 of 70

Quote:
I recieved my GR07 today and i decided to return them, not enough impact; highs and soundstage. I prefer my 3rd gen ipod earbuds because they have more impact and soundstage. What is the sound signature of the apple earbuds, i like the balance between mids; highs and lows they have and it would be good if you could recommend iems similar in signature to them. Anyone?
ph34r.gif

Have you tried letting them burn in?

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #29 of 70

Quote:
ph34r.gif

I really think you should give your ears/brain time to adjust.  I didn't like the Westone 4's the very first time I put them in my ears but over the first 20 hours of listening time I came to love them.  You still may not like them but after more time but it does take a bit to adjust to a different sound signature and it helps to educate yourself on what it is that you don't like and to further pinpoint what it is you want.  Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back