The Best IEM For Performance and Price
Oct 1, 2011 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

menamesjames

Head-Fier
Just wanting to know what people think is the best IEM when it comes to price and performance ratio
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 1, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #2 of 70
The RE0, DBA-02, CK10, EX600, GR07, UE TF10Pro, HF5, RE272, SHE9850 and HJE900.

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #8 of 70
I listen to allot of Indie Rock; Alternative Rock and Funk, i also listen to some dubstep.

I'm mostly listening to bands like Arctic Monkeys mostly their songs from the last 3 albums which aren't as violent sounding as the first; Oasis; Jamiroquai; The Smiths; Red Hot Chili Peppers; Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles.

I also listen to less of David Bowie; Calvin Harris; The Libertines; Plan B; Vampire Weekend; Kings Of Leon and Kasabian. Bit of a long list but yeah
biggrin.gif

To be honest i could get the Sony MDR-EX 1000 if i get a part time job since i'm studying at College. Would only take 1 week to save the money with a job.

Oct 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #9 of 70
My recommendation stands then haha. I would buy the EX600 then buy the EX1000 if you love the EX600; there's no point in spending more money on something you might not like when it's little brother has the same sound signature.

I too am going to a university right now and just quit my job. I'm feeling the repercussions of not having money on hand 
confused_face.gif

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #10 of 70
In England we generally have College and then University since we leave school at 16, So i'm in my last year of college and then i go to University if i want to.

In college you get A levels instead of GCSE and focus on one subject instead of many. I know it's confusing
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #11 of 70
Under the circumstances, I quite honestly wouldn't look past the GR07 or the EX600. The GR07 would receive my first and foremost recommendation, while the EX600 second, only because the EX600 won't isolate nearly as well as the GR07, and can only be worn over-ear. The GR07, on the other hand, can be worn either straight cable (as intended), or over-ear using the provided ear hooks. They're both all-rounders, and as per your original post, they both are among the best price:performance in-ears currently in the market, offering top tier sound quality. If the EX appeals to you, considering the price, I'd strongly recommend the EX600 over the EX1000, as it's less than half that of the EX1000, and quite close in performance. Nevertheless, from my experience, I've personally found most of my own friends and relatives to be far more accepting of the GR07 than the EX600, based on fit and comfort alone. In that sense, I too personally find the GR07 more 'universally accepted' among those I've shared them with. However, I myself rarely ever had a problem with either ones fit/comfort, though I do prefer the GR07 by a hair or two. As always, YMMV. All the best my friend! 
smile.gif

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #12 of 70
x2 on the GR07 vote for about the same reasons. Bang for the buck they are exceptional, easily comparable or better (depending on preference) to many $3-400 IEM's. For example I think they are better than my SM3.

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #13 of 70
x2 on the GR07 vote for about the same reasons. Bang for the buck they are exceptional, easily comparable or better (depending on preference) to many $3-400 IEM's. For example I think they are better than my SM3.

I've compared the GR07 with the SM3 as well. I thought the SM3 was darkish compared to the more light hearted GR07 sound. But I spent less than 30mins on them both :S

My trigger finger is going berserk now hovering on the BUY button of the GR07....

The moment I sell my IE7.. and the Feels Pro 900.. I'll have just the right amount of cash for the GR07...

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #15 of 70
1yr from authorized sellers. But take a look in the impressions thread, someone just posted a link to an eBay sale that is for $155 which at that price just throw on a squaretrade 2nd replacement warranty and your all set. It's the new fit kit version too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back