THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Jul 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #1,531 of 5,018
Phew, I just read the entire thread and it took quite some time even though I've heard most of the stuff.
Needless to say most of what I like has already been mentioned at least a few times but there were some nice new findings for me.

One voice I really like is that of Susan Calloway, who isn't particularly well-know aside from probably the Final Fantasy fans as she did the theme song for it. She's kinda going under the radar but supposedly is working on a new album right now.

I'm also a big fan of Ally Rhodes' voice, who has made a ton of covers on youtube but she also has 2 original albums and I'm proud that I contributed on kickstarter for her second one.

I'm also kinda following the boring music shows like x factor and the voice just to find out new artists to like and I was pretty impressed with Sarah Simmons and her voice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uylRD9tUoLg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1xq0yJXfRE
I'll definitely be waiting for her to release something original. 

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #1,533 of 5,018
Quote:

In one sitting? How long did it take?

I sometimes think of reading through the whole thing but I dont have the time.

It is worth it, though. Loads of great recommendations that I'd not heard of previously (and I already knew a very wide range of female vocalists).

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #1,534 of 5,018
Quote:

In one sitting? How long did it take?

I sometimes think of reading through the whole thing but I dont have the time.

Yeah, in one sitting - I'm sick, so I'm staying home and didn't have anything better to do. I'm not sure how long - maybe 7-8 hours but as I said I've heard a lot of the stuff otherwise it would have taken a lot longer than that.

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #1,535 of 5,018
I just searched this entire 103-page thread and didn't find Erin Boheme. Anyone who's into jazzy female vocals should check her out! I really liked her debut CD What Love Is and just recently saw that she put a new album out earlier this year. I don't actually have the new CD yet, it'll be my next purchase. But I love her voice and the streaming samples on Amazon sound promising.

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #1,536 of 5,018
Jul 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #1,538 of 5,018
Quote:
I'm also a big fan of Ally Rhodes' voice, who has made a ton of covers on youtube but she also has 2 original albums and I'm proud that I contributed on kickstarter for her second one.

Have just ordered the CDs on listening to "Didn't Do A Thing" on YouTube alone! Beautiful.

Jul 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #1,539 of 5,018
Quote:

Have just ordered the CDs on listening to "Didn't Do A Thing" on YouTube alone! Beautiful.

Yeah, as I said - I'm a big fan. It's a shame she doesn't have the money to make a truly audiophile recording with the proper mastering and everything but hopefully that day will come coz I really like her voice.

On another note, I have to thank whoever posted that video of Lady Lamb the Beekeeper - I got her Ripely Pine album last week and I really really like it.

Jul 30, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #1,540 of 5,018
Anna Netrebko in "Souvenirs"

Renee Fleming in "Poemes"

Norah Jonnes in almost everything. 

Allison Kraus especially in "A Hundred Miles Or More - A Collection"

Diane Schuur & the Count Basie Orchestra

Etta James in everything she performs.

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #1,541 of 5,018
Quote:
Anna Netrebko in "Souvenirs"

I own and love this album!  One of the stand-out tracks is Netrebko and Garanca - singing Offenbach's Barcarolle

Aug 2, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #1,544 of 5,018
Janice and Sonia Lee (Jayesslee) - "Failure In Disguise"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back