The Basshead Club
Jul 23, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #6,916 of 11,286
Hey guys, I just took a look at the D901s and look what I found:

From the steel to the rotatable earcup design*, they seem to be like siblings, only that the d901 went to college and finished. Looks-wise they have to be competitors without a second thought, but sound-wise...you already know. If I bought the d901s...I wonder where I'll get the money for these things? This pair costs more than both my pianos (okay, the other one isn't exactly a piano) combined!

*The rotation hinges are connected to the inside of the headband and not the outside, like the Monster Ncredible Npulse.

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #6,917 of 11,286

From the steel to the rotatable earcup design*, they seem to be like siblings, only that the d901 went to college and finished. Looks-wise they have to be competitors without a second thought, but sound-wise...you already know. If I bought the d901s...I wonder where I'll get the money for these things? This pair costs more than both my pianos (okay, the other one isn't exactly a piano) combined!

*The rotation hinges are connected to the inside of the headband and not the outside, like the Monster Ncredible Npulse.

Member gelocks has them as well. Says they have bass to rival his Sig DJ. Gonna try them?

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #6,918 of 11,286
Yea appearently those d901B are very good pair of headphones for bass enthusiasts if you want both bass quantity and overall quality. Maybe finally we get a very "modern" looking styled headphone that works well appearence-wise on the streets as well as actually SOUNDING GOOD and worth a hefty pricetag. Yep that would be a first! :p Well ok Signature DJ does look quite OK but not quite this nice IMO ofc and doesn't have that "street-wearing" look. I personally don't use headphones on-the-go so it's no concern but I think the typical Beats user would agree with me styling-wise.

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #6,919 of 11,286
Quote:
Member gelocks has them as well. Says they have bass to rival his Sig DJ. Gonna try them?

Yeah, I read his post on that. So as it turns out, this pair too is a celebriphone, endrosed by Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O'Malley Armstrong (thanks Wikipedia!). Other than the logo, I don't see anything that attributes to her. 
   Honestly, these look better than the Sig DJs, but those seem to be aimed at the more backstage-kind of DJ. This one...I dunno. But with the feature set of the Pros, I want this pair. Sadly, these things are 50% more expensive, sounds 110% better, and looks 20% cooler...all in 10 seconds flat.

Tl;dr:
ME GUSTA MUCHO

Jul 24, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #6,920 of 11,286
   Yeah, I read his post on that. So as it turns out, this pair too is a celebriphone, endrosed by Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O'Malley Armstrong (thanks Wikipedia!). Other than the logo, I don't see anything that attributes to her. 

Honestly, these look better than the Sig DJs, but those seem to be aimed at the more backstage-kind of DJ. This one...I dunno. But with the feature set of the Pros, I want this pair. Sadly, these things are 50% more expensive, sounds 110% better, and looks 20% cooler...all in 10 seconds flat.

Tl;dr:

ME GUSTA MUCHO

50% more? Moon Audio has them for $780 vs the Sig DJ at near a grand. He also said these were more comfy than the DJ. All in all a very interesting phone. Tempting. :D

I agree on these looking better than the DJ. That white I just can't figure out. Maybe it looks better in person.

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #6,922 of 11,286
Quote:
50% more? Moon Audio has them for $780 vs the Sig DJ at near a grand. He also said these were more comfy than the DJ. All in all a very interesting phone. Tempting.
biggrin.gif

I agree on these looking better than the DJ. That white I just can't figure out. Maybe it looks better in person.

Well, the Beats Pro is priced at an approximate of $500. Add 25% ($250) of that and you get $750, which is pretty close to the $780 price tag of the D901s.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #6,923 of 11,286
Quote:
Yea appearently those d901B are very good pair of headphones for bass enthusiasts if you want both bass quantity and overall quality. Maybe finally we get a very "modern" looking styled headphone that works well appearence-wise on the streets as well as actually SOUNDING GOOD and worth a hefty pricetag. Yep that would be a first! :p Well ok Signature DJ does look quite OK but not quite this nice IMO ofc and doesn't have that "street-wearing" look. I personally don't use headphones on-the-go so it's no concern but I think the typical Beats user would agree with me styling-wise.

i disagree, i dont think that if cans look similar to beats then theyre street worthy, i think it ruins their street worthyness, because everyone will think your walking around with fake/rip off beats - which is even worse >_<

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #6,924 of 11,286
Quote:

You know, I don't know why I never "saw" their similarities!!! Wow! I even wonder if those Beats Ear Pads fit them! (probably?!?)

Quote:
   Honestly, these look better than the Sig DJs, but those seem to be aimed at the more backstage-kind of DJ.

Didn't know that tidbit.
And agree on the looks, they actually look better BUT compared to the Sig DJs, they are also more flimsy! (i.e. I am way MORE careful when I have the D901s at the office or carrying them than with the Sig DJs... the Ultrasones are simply just Tanks!!)

Quote:
50% more? Moon Audio has them for $780 vs the Sig DJ at near a grand. He also said these were more comfy than the DJ. All in all a very interesting phone. Tempting.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I got the whites and I'm actually wondering if I can replace the ear pads with some Black Ones. Don't care much about the headband, could be either white or black, no preference there.

BTW, Frank, If you want to try them and compare them to your Denons or the TH600s (once you get them), let me know! :wink:

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #6,925 of 11,286
Well, the Beats Pro is priced at an approximate of $500. Add 25% ($250) of that and you get $750, which is pretty close to the $780 price tag of the D901s.

Gotcha. Thought you were comparing to the Sid DJ.

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #6,928 of 11,286
My wallet loves beats! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back