The Basshead Club
May 31, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #6,466 of 11,286
Quote:
Thats awesome. I guess i'll go with the pro 900 then, as apparently bright highs have no effect on me
biggrin.gif
thanks btw.

Also, was it kees modded, or stock?

_

May 31, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #6,467 of 11,286
Had but one 20 minute session with the M-100's so really don't feel I had enough time BUT so far I'd say they are the perfect portable phone with excellent bass and sound in general.  Most of my last few days have been dedicated to the also new to me Ultrasone Sig Pro...............yes, got both of them the same day so hard to get time for both. 

My use for these will be for working out, running, yardwork fed by a Nano ----> LOD --->C&C BK --->ZO ------> M-100.    Thumping, yes.  Cut the grass Tuesday night with the M-100's and clearly they are a keeper.  Used to listen to the Crossfades...................these are a nice step up. 

Many thanks

Also another how are you finding the bass/subbass on the signature pros as been reading mixed reviews on how bassy they are.

May 31, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #6,468 of 11,286
Hey, now that I have some PRO 750s again I guess I'm part of team basshead. I'm still impressed by how tight the bass is on these, considering the quantity they have.

May 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #6,469 of 11,286
Quote:
Just from initial impressions, (i know these will change with time) how does the m100 compare against the pro 900?

The bass on the PRO 900 is quite commanding - it is strong, tight and has a lot of mid-bass. On bass alone, the PRO 900 is better than the M-100. Hell, it is definitely one of the best basshead cans around.

However, as an overall package, unless the treble is attenuated, I very much prefer the M-100's comparatively darker sound. Like many others have mentioned, the PRO 900 is quite harsh, and bordering on sibilant. This depends on your preferences - if you like loads of treble presence, and strong bass, the PRO 900 is definitely a can you should consider.

May 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #6,470 of 11,286
Quote:
I have the Pro900 and the D600 and the M-100 arrives tomorrow.

The Pro900 is a major basshead phone - absolutely love them and they handle whatever you can throw at them with no distortion. Same with the D600 so in my opinion you would be happy with either of them from a basshead perspective. I'm interested to see how the M-100's measure up to the other two.

Auditioned the D600 yesterday... WOW. The bass was just amazing, and everything else seemed well balanced too. Mids weren't recessed, highs had a decent sparkle but not piercing or overdone at all. Haven't heard the Pro900 so I can't compare.

I don't remember my Q40's bass sounding this good. Power, authority, clarity, and each bass note was clear as day. Maybe it was partially because they had a huge (probably high end) amp the size of a home theatre receiver. In any case, at the retail price they're way more expensive than anything I have, and more than I can afford. But boy do I want one
basshead.gif

I gave the HD700 a whirl too, just to see what "high end" sounds like (they didn't have an HD800 on display). Clarity was unholy but the treble made vocals sound a bit artificial to my ears. HD598 had a similar sound.

May 31, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #6,471 of 11,286
Auditioned the D600 yesterday... WOW. The bass was just amazing, and everything else seemed well balanced too. Mids weren't recessed, highs had a decent sparkle but not piercing or overdone at all. Haven't heard the Pro900 so I can't compare.

I don't remember my Q40's bass sounding this good. Power, authority, clarity, and each bass note was clear as day. Maybe it was partially because they had a huge (probably high end) amp the size of a home theatre receiver. In any case, at the retail price they're way more expensive than anything I have, and more than I can afford. But boy do I want one :basshead:

I gave the HD700 a whirl too, just to see what "high end" sounds like (they didn't have an HD800 on display). Clarity was unholy but the treble made vocals sound a bit artificial to my ears. HD598 had a similar sound.

Keep in mind the D600 can be had on Amazon for around $240ish used/refurbed.

May 31, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #6,473 of 11,286
How would you personally compare them to your other phones? Are they better than the D2K?

Sound is very similar, build, comfort all much better. Doesn't need an amp to sound really good. Ultra comfortable.

That's the problem I now face - too many really good cans and not enough listening time.

May 31, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #6,475 of 11,286
By the way, $240 for a pair of used D600 would be a pretty similar price to a pair of used M100. I know you haven't had the M100s for very long, but which do you think is better? I think the Craigster likes the M100 better, if I'm not mistaken.

May 31, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #6,476 of 11,286
I wouldn't keep more than one pair of headphones that sound similar. What's the point? Just keep the one you like best, and sell the rest. If you're going to have multiple pairs, they should at least be different :tongue_smile:

That's just crazy talk..........:rolleyes:

May 31, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #6,477 of 11,286
Quote:
I wouldn't keep more than one pair of headphones that sound similar. What's the point? Just keep the one you like best, and sell the rest. If you're going to have multiple pairs, they should at least be different
tongue_smile.gif

Try telling that to malevolent 
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #6,478 of 11,286
Similar doesn't mean anything. Similar still implies SOME difference. Difference both large and small are both equally important to me. I own both the Sig Pro and the Sig DJ. I am probably the only person that does. And I use them for totally different music one from the other. NOT that the other still doesn't excel at the other's genre, but there are small tweaks that make one can much more preferable for different genres. 
tongue.gif

Quote:
That's just crazy talk..........
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
I wouldn't keep more than one pair of headphones that sound similar. What's the point? Just keep the one you like best, and sell the rest. If you're going to have multiple pairs, they should at least be different
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 1, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #6,480 of 11,286
Similar doesn't mean anything. Similar still implies SOME difference. Difference both large and small are both equally important to me. I own both the Sig Pro and the Sig DJ. I am probably the only person that does. And I use them for totally different music one from the other. NOT that the other still doesn't excel at the other's genre, but there are small tweaks that make one can much more preferable for different genres. 
tongue.gif

My point exactly.

And there are/were at least three other guys who have both Signsture phones. Hard to afford but I get it. Clearly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back