The Audio Lounge
May 24, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #7,486 of 36,353
Agreed the re600v2 are very detailed and as I posted before the imaging is outstanding on them, I would have to have a longer listen plus burn in on the IT01 to say which I prefer as I do lean to boring neutral in taste :) all though a lot of my iems haven't been as neutral as the re600 which I love for the midrange realism.
I'll need a re-listen of the Re600. It's been too long.

Edit : First post of page 500 :p

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #7,487 of 36,353
I'll need a re-listen of the Re600. It's been too long.

I'm not so certain you would like them and understand why a lot wouldn't as coming from most iems on first listen they sound a bit thin and lack lows and a bit of sparkle up top, also I think not everyone would get a good fit being so tiny which is important with them.They also need a very long burn in and think mine have only just reached there potential.
Attack and decay on these are awesome they sound very very clean, imaging as I say is lovely and coming from other iems it sounds more real to my ears. you can hear slightly the hifiman tuning/sound from the he400i.
As you can see I like them but understand others wouldn't, horses for courses :)

May 24, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #7,488 of 36,353
I'm not so certain you would like them and understand why a lot wouldn't as coming from most iems on first listen they sound a bit thin and lack lows and a bit of sparkle up top, also I think not everyone would get a good fit being so tiny which is important with them.They also need a very long burn in and think mine have only just reached there potential.
Attack and decay on these are awesome they sound very very clean, imaging as I say is lovely and coming from other iems it sounds more real to my ears. you can hear slightly the hifiman tuning/sound from the he400i.
As you can see I like them but understand others wouldn't, horses for courses :)
I quite like my RE-00 which sounds like your description of the RE600. Thin, neutral bass and lacks top end extension. I wasn't impressed with the RE-00's attacks and decays though as they were not as precise as I liked. Soundstage depth was ok but its very narrow sounding.

May 24, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #7,489 of 36,353
I quite like my RE-00 which sounds like your description of the RE600. Thin, neutral bass and lacks top end extension. I wasn't impressed with the RE-00's attacks and decays though as they were not as precise as I liked. Soundstage depth was ok but its very narrow sounding.

I would say they sound similar depth ok but not so wide , sometimes I feel soundstage sounds exaggerated on iems as in they have tried to hard and sounds unnatural.
Image placement just sounds right to me on these its intimate not out of your head but natural .

May 24, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #7,490 of 36,353
PAGE 500!!!!

giphy.gif

May 24, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #7,492 of 36,353
Congrats people, we did it, lol. When I started this thread I had no idea it would last thing long and make it to Pg 500. I kinda feel like this thread is my home base on Head-Fi.

Me too, friend, me too :)

May 24, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #7,493 of 36,353
This is the first place I visit, and lately, the only one...

May 24, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #7,496 of 36,353
I visit about 6 threads regularly but this is the most active one.

I visit about the same... good thing about this thread is no restrictions on products talked about, plus music and banter and I don't think there's ever been a bad word either, we all seem pretty chilled and happy go lucky.

May 24, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #7,498 of 36,353
I do lean to boring neutral in taste

I never understand why people say that a headphone or earphone sounds boring. Doesn't the music have anything to do with that? I am not bored by my music. I have lots of variety. I have great music! I moved 2000 CDs across the ocean when I came here. Now we rarely play a cd but they are there ready to be ripped...and many have been.

May 24, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #7,499 of 36,353
I never understand why people say that a headphone or earphone sounds boring. Doesn't the music have anything to do with that? I am not bored by my music. I have lots of variety. I have great music! I moved 2000 CDs across the ocean when I came here. Now we rarely play a cd but they are there ready to be ripped...and many have been.

I think I have to disagree a bit. While I also love my music, I have had some headphones take the fun and soul right out of my favorite tunes. I believe a headphone can sound boring and kill the joy and musicality of a great song.

May 24, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #7,500 of 36,353

Haha I don't think leaning towards neutral is boring at all as its my preferred sig, just not everyone's cup of tea and some find it boring:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back