The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
May 19, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #6,916 of 7,138
Yes, we bought two pairs.

I have the bent fazored ones, my father the older one.

I don't know the details because my father made the communication but I can find out. Is there a reason for your question?

My local Audeze dealer can't find any NIB R2s. Contacted a dealer in U.S. that have the NIB R2s but told me I can't buy from them bec of dealership restrictions. Can't find any other dealer that can sell those. Yours might be the seller I'm looking for.

May 20, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #6,918 of 7,138
My local Audeze dealer can't find any NIB R2s. Contacted a dealer in U.S. that have the NIB R2s but told me I can't buy from them bec of dealership restrictions. Can't find any other dealer that can sell those. Yours might be the seller I'm looking for.

The dealer can contact Audeze and get a pass to sell a discontinued version out of state. Shouldn't be a problem.

May 20, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #6,920 of 7,138
  Anyone know if Audeze still make the pre-fazor LCD-2s? Or even the 3s?

Not as far as I know...as an example, I think if a 2.2c driver cannot be repaired it can be upgraded to 2.2f only on both planars.
You might dig up a new 2.2c from a retailer somewhere.

May 20, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #6,923 of 7,138
May 21, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #6,928 of 7,138
  I can find out.
Looking forward to Audeze's answer now.
I hope they can send me just the brackets.

Quoting myself here to give an update.
Part of Audeze's response.

It looks like we need to ship you a yoke replacement kit. It seems that your one side yoke is bent. It should be an easy swap. Please provide your address and full shipping details so we can ship out the yoke replacement kit asap. Thank you very much

So, yeah, a big bravo for their customer service.

May 21, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #6,929 of 7,138
The left driver on my LCD-2s died on me about five months ago but because of medical bills and the prohibitive repair cost ($400 before shipping to and from Audeze) I haven't been able to fix them.
I've decided I'm going to listen to them first every day to remind myself of what I'm missing so I keep money saved for repair.
Keep me strong, Head-Fi.

May 21, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #6,930 of 7,138
  The left driver on my LCD-2s died on me about five months ago but because of medical bills and the prohibitive repair cost ($400 before shipping to and from Audeze) I haven't been able to fix them.
I've decided I'm going to listen to them first every day to remind myself of what I'm missing so I keep money saved for repair.
Keep me strong, Head-Fi.

I thought they reduced the price of new drivers in last few months ? I 'thunk' it was $250 now. It was announced on a thread where someone had driver issues I think.

Edit : There you go dude.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/753171/no-shame-on-audeze-buyer-neednt-beware/165#post_11291056

Users who are viewing this thread

Back